What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Try some pagid ..  what pads you running , theres a box of em outta my hotrod you can have a play with , should fit your car , you will just have to hassle Fraz

Thanks @Pork Chops ... Yeah, a bit disappointed in the result seeing a few said this was a good first step, would make a difference. I figured the fluid was an outside chance... 

Thanks @symsy.. Not sure, I expect just std pads for a 3.2. I'll speak to fraz, thanks. What color should I use for just an intermediate step, not track level, just SMT grade and posing at 25kmh:D in Brighton of course!! 

Went to remove the aftermarket radio in my 993 and replace with original... only to discover some previous numpty had cut the original plugs off and replaced with plugs for aftermarket. So cursed a bit then put it all back together. However in the process I removed my glovebox and managed to fix an annoying misalignment between it and the dash. So 1 up, 1 down... [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 2/11/2018 at 7:07 PM, pocketscience said:

Went to remove the aftermarket radio in my 993 and replace with original... only to discover some previous numpty had cut the original plugs off and replaced with plugs for aftermarket. So cursed a bit then put it all back together. However in the process I removed my glovebox and managed to fix an annoying misalignment between it and the dash. So 1 up, 1 down... emoji848.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go to the Bergville FX site they have all the harnesses and if you reinstall the orig , get a Yatour MP3 player plugs in the CD stacker socket .. good luck

I fixed the washer nozzles so they let water flow on to the windscreen.

I also adjusted the clock so it tells the correct time.

I fixed the centre CD storage console as the inner fabric lining had fallen.

Car goes to Buchanan's on Friday for a few things (oil/filter, check over and hopefully some air con refill so it works) and a rego check.

9 hours ago, symsy said:

Go to the Bergville FX site they have all the harnesses and if you reinstall the orig , get a Yatour MP3 player plugs in the CD stacker socket .. good luck

Thanks - never seen that site before - interesting stuff. I have a modified Apple Airport Express in my 993 that currently connects to AUXIN of the aftermarket Blaupunkt. I've realised the original radio doesn't have direct AUXIN so I'll look into the CD stacker support if it's there.

Oh I also replaced the headlight washer jets as the clips holding the originals in place were broken and the jets would sometimes poke up into the air like some weird alien erection... :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, pocketscience said:

Thanks - never seen that site before - interesting stuff. I have a modified Apple Airport Express in my 993 that currently connects to AUXIN of the aftermarket Blaupunkt. I've realised the original radio doesn't have direct AUXIN so I'll look into the CD stacker support if it's there.

Oh I also replaced the headlight washer jets as the clips holding the originals in place were broken and the jets would sometimes poke up into the air like some weird alien erection... :rolleyes:

http://www.yatour.net/shop/?type=detail&id=52 .   Good colour car ;)

Yesterday, I left home at 6.15am and got home at approx 6.15pm.  During the intervening 12 hours, I spent 4.5 driving to and from Buchanan's Automotive from my house.  The balance was spent at their workshop while they did a lot of work to my 968.  New cam belts, a few new CV boots, engine oil and filter, transmission oil and filter, diff oil, air con system checks and a re-gas, a rego check and some other small bits n bobs. 

A great day and I spent it all at the workshop.  I got to have a very good look at the underneath of my car as well as the engine bay as Sean and Bruce took me for a guided tour around it.

A number of customers came and went during the day including a chap who has a number of cars including a beautiful baltic blue 944 s2 that he's restoring and a lovely metallic brown with a gorgeous almost honey full leather interior 928s that he brought in to have checked over as he's thinking of buying it.

There are a few other items that need to be looked at including a rerouting/bypass of the water radiator to transmission cooler system and a wearing steering column uni joint but all in all, the car is in good condition which is comforting. Thanks Bruce and Sean.

I need to work out how to start earning an income as I'm still not working after the redundancy in May last year...the 928s are great looking cars and I want one....

Well it had been a hectic start to the year but I managed to find some time to put a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s on the car, get a full 4 wheel alignment and the major annual service all done over the last 6 weeks.

What I hadn’t found time to do though was take the car for a drive other than a short hop to the Yarra valley wineries 2 weeks ago for a family gathering (and that was a nightmare as the traffic was absolutely atrocious ?)

So this morning the forecast was good, what we had planned fell through at the last minute and I knew a few crew were going to be gathering down at Mornington so I thought an early run in the car is just what was needed. So out to the garage, off with the cover, key in the ignition and... WARNING FLAT TYRE! Of course it the rear as usual and with less than 200kms on it!

Not quite the morning I had hoped for... ?

2 hours ago, 9r said:

Well it had been a hectic start to the year but I managed to find some time to put a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2’s on the car, get a full 4 wheel alignment and the major annual service all done over the last 6 weeks.

What I hadn’t found time to do though was take the car for a drive other than a short hop to the Yarra valley wineries 2 weeks ago for a family gathering (and that was a nightmare as the traffic was absolutely atrocious ?)

So this morning the forecast was good, what we had planned fell through at the last minute and I knew a few crew were going to be gathering down at Mornington so I thought an early run in the car is just what was needed. So out to the garage, off with the cover, key in the ignition and... WARNING FLAT TYRE! Of course it the rear as usual and with less than 200kms on it!

Not quite the morning I had hoped for... ?

BOO! 

Took my track car out or the trailer and washed it. Off to the dyno on Tuesday after new exhaust (x pipe)  fitted. 6 week waiting list.

Tomorrow will re fit my front undertray and fit tyre monitors, rear tie down hooks and bottom of rear shocks and give it a general check over.

Off to Lakeside next weekend for first meet in PCQ Motorsport calendar.

Would post a pic of it wasn’t so tedious.  993 RSR clone in Rothmans livery with 3.8 etc. Ex cup car from mid 90’s

On 05/02/2018 at 9:19 PM, Philbee said:

The last couple of SMTs I noticed when hard braking the brakes were a bit soft, i.e. needed to depress the pedal quite a bit to get a solid response. So, after a little reading and feedback, thought I'd get braided lines and upgrade the fluid as a first small step. Did that a few weeks ago and had a couple of drives since..... Unfortunately, I feel no discernible difference to the feel of the pedal. Some feedback I got said it would feel like a brick... I got nothing!!  Anyone can confirm this...? 

The next step is to upgrade the pads (when the current wear down) and then get boxster calipers if still not enough improvement... 

Check your master cylinder is doing what it should. 

9 minutes ago, Philbee said:

Ok thanks... will check it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How stupid of me not to mention this as I’ve just had mine replaced on the SC as it was leaking and the pedal was soft and needed a lot of effort to brake forcefully. Happened to me on my Nissan GTR too (where beaded line made FA difference). 

Drove from Brisbane to Melbourne in my new 996.1... 

Flew from Perth to Brisbane Friday night once i finished work arriving ~11pm, stayed in the city and was picked up by the seller at just before 7am. 

The frunk took all the luggage i had... surprised. Seller (Heavy Duty Motorsport) had gone over the car, topped oil, air pressure etc in prep for the trip which speed things up leaving.

YiOG8Z6.jpg

What followed was a lot of this.... And the radio is rubbish, the CD's left in the car left alot to be desired. Turned down low offered some background noise but may have dropped it down a gear to listen to the 6 on a few occasions... 

dNN3j4Z.jpg

Stopped in Parks for the night... but being an engineering geek i had to stop and get a photo with the 'dish'

JchwDEh.jpg

Didnt kill many bugs actually and happily didnt add to the 1000 dead roos along the way... 

JlHg4SW.jpg

More of this, but sometimes with Cows...

WaI5j5v.jpg

Took photos with random things of interest along the way

5reNFfT.jpg

rL2vIRG.jpg

kvpNgjs.jpg

Now tucked away in the garage with the 7, excuse the mess the garage is in. This was not a planned road trip so had to just shove things around to make it fit. 

Not travelling for the next few weeks so hopefully will have some time in between doing 996 work for the roadworthy.

A60Flba.jpg

General thoughts after extending my 30min in a 911 before this.

Arm rest is seriously not comfortable on your elbow, needs more padding.

Aircon in the 996 is really good, cruise control wanders +/-3km vs a new BMW, wow is the car comfortable for long trips. The auto feels sluggish off the line but my god give it a boot in 3rd at 80 when your passing a truck and your heading solidly into double that when you pass the cab. Fuel econ ranged from 8.96-10.20L/100km. Filled up ~184L of fuel along the way, though it was just under 1/2 when i left and the last fill up was ~1hr out of melbourne so still have nearly a full tank. So maybe ~140L for the 1680km.

Really happy with the car, only downside of the trip was i picked up a small stone chip on the windscreen. 

Hopefully not a too long of a post.

Cheers,

Taffy

New sports seats in.

Fixed the rear reflector which was a little loose.

Adjusted the bonnet to sit level.

Removed the turbo badge from the lid. Can’t find the Carrera badge I bought so it remains badgeless. 

Pic of the sports seats below. My favourite seat so far.

41 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Bled the brakes, so while the wheels were off cleaned  the remnants from the last Lake mtn run off

That picture of the tar covered muffler has brought back bad memories Steve and certainly has me gun shy of Lake Mountain...Glad to see you’ve got it somewhat back to normal. Oh and how good are those pressure bleeders, makes the job so much quicker and easy 

3 minutes ago, 9r said:

They are great, I have had this one for years, this is the first time that I have used it dry as SRF is bloody expensive. Dry will be how I use it from now on as zero cleanup. Using the hoist,4 cans of spray degreaser, kitchen scrubbing brush  and finishing with the Karcher it only took about 30 mins per side to clean.

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

They are great, I have had this one for years, this is the first time that I have used it dry as SRF is bloody expensive. Dry will be how I use it from now on as zero cleanup. Using the hoist,4 cans of spray degreaser, kitchen scrubbing brush  and finishing with the Karcher it only took about 30 mins per side to clean.

Bowdens Own have a product that is really good for this. It's called Tar Tar