What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, mrar said:

Took into the yard today and swapped out the gold fronts for the matching minilites. They are slightly different offset to the pags, made a notable difference to handling on the hwy. :EvilSmile:

20230417_095808.jpg

Nah, gold Group 4s all the way!!!  Black wheels are so yesterday 😉 

HALP!  Any tips on how to get this bolt off the left bank intake runners?  Porsche 996.2 3.6L.  The bastard air-oil seperator and the runners leave bugger all room to get to it with socket set.

image.thumb.png.1e4589c3dd62163f0e9498b9c211dd24.png

2 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

HALP!  Any tips on how to get this bolt off the left bank intake runners?  Porsche 996.2 3.6L.  The bastard air-oil seperator and the runners leave bugger all room to get to it with socket set.

image.thumb.png.1e4589c3dd62163f0e9498b9c211dd24.png

This bolt specifically is the nightmare child:

image.thumb.png.56c706c708d7103d88f428ce8a121da4.png

5 minutes ago, tomo said:

Are going to go oem with the aos

I'm not actually doing the AOS after all this... I am doing the starter motor, but while in there, thought I would do a deep clean.  The PS pump has been slowly spraying fluid into the upper side of the block for a while and it is just disgusting.

The intake runners have never looked better.  The finest black plastic 90's Porsche could buy.

Got the 'Carnewal mod' done by the guys at Autohaus Hamilton. Sounds insanely good, and not obnoxious which is what I was trying to avoid. Next to no drone, and still retains the OEM look. Guys at AH came out to see me start it up, laughed at my initial reaction when I fired it up, and then laughed some more when they saw my reaction after giving it a good rev! Love it!

18 hours ago, jakroo said:

Leave it on and bog it up with some white sealant.  It's more agricultural looking (see what I did there...) and it's called patina 🙂

Or a bullet hole transfer, been fueding with the neighbour over some home brew   ;)

2 hours ago, tomo said:

What's going on?

I realised the fuel door locking pin had somehow started hiding inside the quarter panel.

I had the wheels off for suspension change and so took the opportunity to fix that that involved progressively more removal of bits in the way:

1. Loosen the front bumper.

2. Then I could remove the wheel arch.

3. Then I discovered this thing called the carbon filter box that I had no idea was a thing, that came out.

4. Then I could get to the fuel door pin.

17 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I realised the fuel door locking pin had somehow started hiding inside the quarter panel.

I had the wheels off for suspension change and so took the opportunity to fix that that involved progressively more removal of bits in the way:

1. Loosen the front bumper.

2. Then I could remove the wheel arch.

3. Then I discovered this thing called the carbon filter box that I had no idea was a thing, that came out.

4. Then I could get to the fuel door pin.

Geeze that turned out to be be a big fix for a locking pin  :) (picture makes sense now)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...