What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Me again, nothing to do with my Porsche, but I had a 4 hour round trip today in my Toerag to help a mate collect his "new" 89 944S today.  82,000 kms, immaculate interior, no dashboard cracks, same owner last 19 years, Hamiltons delivery etc, and bought it for a very attractive price.  Perhaps not the best colour scheme, but exceptional paintwork.  Only thing needing to be done that we can determine so far is probably brake master cylinder (may just need fluid change???) and probably new boots in due course.  Addition to the 01 Boxster in his garage.

20220823_130150.jpg

33 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Not an S2, no under bumper moulding and different badge text, suspect 87-88 as Brian mentioned 

Think it shows as first reg 6/89, so perhaps old stock??  Will check at weekend  if catch up with my mate.  He's going to check brakes tomorrow

19 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Think it shows as first reg 6/89, so perhaps old stock??  Will check at weekend  if catch up with my mate.  He's going to check brakes tomorrow

Yep, 6/88 build date, so would have '88 specs (no power steering I think he said).  Might have even been demo car to start with, and obviously hung around for a while before they could sell it,

Mate bled brakes today and got lots of shit out, so all good now and he's taking his Mrs for a drive tonight 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

nothing like a "pre footy final " drive. Hardly any cars on the roads , but a good number of patrol cars. Not sure who should be behind bars , me or the car? I need to have a niggly brake booster issue sorted , before I can even think about a real drive. Car is booked in , so hopefully good to go in October.

porker 1.jpg

3 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

nothing like a "pre footy final " drive. Hardly any cars on the roads , but a good number of patrol cars.

Great minds and all that... Football should mean quieter roads therefore did the same, though on the motorbike. Figured the constabulary would be out in numbers so kept the right wrist under control most of the ride. Actually only saw one new camera car whilst heading north on Springvale Rd (downhill between Burwood hwy and Canterbury Rd).

Did see a number of Porsche's out and about, unfortunately didn't recognise anyone.

17 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

nothing like a "pre footy final " drive. Hardly any cars on the roads , but a good number of patrol cars. Not sure who should be behind bars , me or the car? I need to have a niggly brake booster issue sorted , before I can even think about a real drive. Car is booked in , so hopefully good to go in October.

porker 1.jpg

Those concrete parking bollards make me wince, just installed another chin spoiler on the 997😳

This is more about what I plan to do today - and over the coming days.

What is the best polish that I can buy as I need to polish things up after a long winter?

Base paint condition is very good overall so just need something to rejuvenate.

Doing it by hand.

Any thoughts?

27 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

This is more about what I plan to do today - and over the coming days.

What is the best polish that I can buy as I need to polish things up after a long winter?

Base paint condition is very good overall so just need something to rejuvenate.

Doing it by hand.

Any thoughts?

Guess it depends if it is just 'freshen up' as most of the spray waxes do a great job. Options are endless; AutoGlym,  Turtle Wax etc. 

My goto is Final Inspection Full Metal Jacket 

Have been getting a bit of work done.

Custom Intrax suspension with ARC and Titan Black finish20220617_125107.thumb.JPG.3076ee84a60fc904ed4f030916e0bd13.JPG

Also added Big Reds

20220617_125200.thumb.JPG.35b259fcd6df4c8056863e47355b7007.JPGNew Rotors too

20220617_125220.thumb.JPG.4a203fdd707089f2fee84d8a4bb726af.JPG

Also have had engine rebuilt. Block sent to LN engineering and bores Nicasil coated. New Vulcan cut HG. Raceware Studs. Carrillo Pistons and rods.IMG-20220921-WA0008.thumb.jpg.7cfd51db2f03eeb99810a8bde6e87705.jpg

M44 Performance Superwashers, locking head down to 90ft/lbsIMG-20220921-WA0004.thumb.jpg.c84a995753a5a18bd75ff93f3cf7cad7.jpg

Titanium Valve retainers

IMG-20220921-WA0007.thumb.jpg.e19b60952a3a4ebda55845b364aa86a5.jpg

1 hour ago, cyberpunky said:

Have been getting a bit of work done.

Also have had engine rebuilt. Block sent to LN engineering and bores Nicasil coated. New Vulcan cut HG. Raceware Studs. Carrillo Pistons and rods.IMG-20220921-WA0008.thumb.jpg.7cfd51db2f03eeb99810a8bde6e87705.jpg

Titanium Valve retainers

IMG-20220921-WA0007.thumb.jpg.e19b60952a3a4ebda55845b364aa86a5.jpg

Wow, looks amazing, some very nice upgrades, I remember your car being super clean as well

17 hours ago, Stepo said:

Wow, looks amazing, some very nice upgrades, I remember your car being super clean as well

Cheers

Got lucky as original plan was just to do head gasket etc and turbo but decided to pull motor and found one of main bearings was on its last legs. Obviously budget went up but want it done right and we have gone all out on rebuild.