What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Porsche's really are versatile !! My wife has a kids clothing business in Singapore & I've been making deliveries to the big department stores before Chinese New Year. With seats down the Panamera can easily fit a couple of hundred dresses. The other delivery drivers are very intrigued by the Ang Mo in the loading dock....ha ha

487274855_Pan1.jpg.53e53775c266762e4a24c518ee90a918.jpg1097919024_Pan2.jpg.688e7d88089b639fe9955408f4232cc1.jpg467983050_Pan3.jpg.eae82000015f1197f2ce181c6d794a42.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Went to drive the car the other day(928) and had to abort because the lh window would'nt go up. Pulled the door apart what a nightmare a rats nest of wires, previous owner been playing in there and found the nylon roller that lifts the very heavy glass had disintegrated. Luckily I had a non working rh winder assembly cut off the arms with the roller on and swapped them over. Tidied up the wiring and got the red warning light going. Funny thing was there is what appears to be a central locking system in there witch has never worked, I only have the red key and don't if that makes any difference.   

I don't have my Porsche(s) yet, but I've already started "doing" things to/for it .... it's driving my wife crazy, but what the hell... I only have one life to live (and by the look on her face, I'll be living on the couch tonight, it seems)

Untitled-3.jpg.f5ec20eca19bf3610d552c53c17c6a20.jpgUntitled-4.jpg.cd176cb6c140436f4b4cfe3551e76141.jpg

Bought these off eBay. I hope they are of decent quality... can't tell with eBay these days.

• 2 weeks later...

Get rear ended by an elderly lady in her Toyota CH-R who had a medical episode. Not happy Jan! Doesn't look like much damage in the photos, but The exhaust doesn't sound right and it was crabbing when I drove it home. It's getting towed to Charlie Battisti & Co on Monday for repair....🤬

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Davo1972 said:

Get rear ended by an elderly lady in her Toyota CH-R who had a medical episode. Not happy Jan! Doesn't look like much damage in the photos, but The exhaust doesn't sound right and it was crabbing when I drove it home. It's getting towed to Charlie Battisti & Co on Monday for repair....🤬

Oh dear. I'm so sorry this happened to you. Presumably you'll be making a claim against the lady's insurance, and fingers crossed, it'll be a clear cut case. The important thing is that no one got hurt, eh?

Thanks all, yeah my insurer will claim against her insurance, no excess to pay. In 32 years of driving I’ve been in three accidents, rear ended twice by other drivers, and I once drove over a curb at low speed in an unlit supermarket car park that wasn’t easy to see. I hate being rear ended because there’s very little you can do about it… From what I can tell Battistis are very good and Porsche Australia recommended, so hopefully I’ll get it back to how it was, or better. I’ve had it two and a half years and it has a tad under 7,000km on the odo…

Look what came in the mail (to Singapore) today. It's a little bit funny... the build dates for neither the Cayenne nor the 992 have been allocated, much less locked - and those cars (and the respective car keys) will be delivered to Sydney starting (at the earliest) July, but that's not stopped me from trawling the internet for silly stuff to spend money on...

IMG_0299.jpg.8f41850aa4ab17e55180a7ee87d42437.jpg

I still have the Gulf Oil cover to arrive ... one pair for the Cayenne, one for the Carrera. Happy days!

• 2 weeks later...

Not me.. this is my old car fitted up with an ex-IROC Carrera whaletail and now with matching headlight trim rings.

It’s the vision I always had in my head for the car - new owner was the one who got their hands dirty and took it there.  It copies the look of the ‘weissach edition’ 911s which were a us-market stickers and wings special edition. 

All I did was offer my unsolicited options, source the ‘right’ wing and generally stick my nose in.  Oh, and suggest taking some pics in another cracking Hunga Tonga sunset.

Its come a long way from the dorky looking car sitting sky high with sealed beam headlights , anemic exhaust and swirly paint.

On 18/02/2022 at 18:18, Davo1972 said:

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

The cost of the repairs is $52K. I had estimated $50K, so I wasn't far off the mark.

Thank goodness I was insured and not at fault!

Now the long wait for my baby to come back to me.