Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Awarded myself a day off yesterday - squirt down the highway with Miss 16 for an ice cream and a dip in the ocean at Brunswick Heads.  Uneventful drive other than second to third on the revs and said daughter's playlist booming through the car..  Glad she's finally discovered some 70's and 80's talent..  Drew the line at Iron Maiden though.!

Edited by WOKA
fat fingers

IMG_7527_zps0z65rw5j.jpg

A bit of the Great Ocean Road very early this morning. Ive been waiting to do it in a proper car for many years now so thats another bucket list item checked off √. Second and third gear only and she was screaming. I could feel the PSM doing its thing. Wasn't too keen on turning it off. Had to watch out for the cyclists. I could not believe how many there were out there. I noticed that the speed limit has dropped down to 60 in some parts. Used to be 100 if I remember right.

Great photo and great part of the world, agreed very early morn the best time otherwise there's impossible mobile roadblocks everywhere that dilutes the fun 80% - unless you're on a bike and even then it's putt putt overtake putt putt overtake. You were going well to scream her in 3rd!

Did the Reefton Spur this morning in the hotrod.

Great morning for it.

Unfortunately the road to Marysville was closed for the Great Tarmac Rally, so I had to turn around and do it again ?

Stopped off in Warburton to get a pic coz without a pic, it didn't happen, right?

Edited by GUT

Took a 15 min deviation on the way home; nice warm day but a bit of air cooled goes down well. 

IMG_0111.jpg

If you haven't seen the Italian Job intro , well this is wasted on you

IMG_0123.jpg

Looking south towards home

IMG_0117.jpg

Stone's throw to the wilderness

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

Drove up in 2nd ang ang ang, drove down in 2nd pop pop pop ; probably ruined someone's hidden naked yoga session but hey , just doing my bit for the green movement :)

Must take the old Benz up there soon. 

• 2 weeks later...

About to drive my red devil ('77) South down to The Berry Lake House. Then a few day trips through Southern Highlands - it really is Christmas... stand by for a pic or five over the next week or two. Merry Christmas all!

Took the 928 GTS down to the coast for Christmas to see family. 36 degrees and I was in blissful comfort with the 123 aircon vents blasting out cold air.

I love the car. I kept finding myself creeping above the speed limit and had to fight the urge to just plant it. The thing just begs to be driven fast. It's evil. I think it's the V8 sound. You just want to hear more and more and louder and louder.

Well, I'm just another "great ocean road" sucker...Yep, the dream road last weekend, boy it was great!!

Early pitstop:

5E491275-1457-45B9-99A3-AA3556517C56_zps

Parked at the apostles:

CDF7D027-A031-4EC7-9F28-38EBC13E456D_zps

A great view:

83162CC8-7C2C-418A-AE99-26AA05CDF957_zps

Back home, might need to do some de-bugging:

119DE38E-1156-4960-838C-B3222090438D_zps

Philbee, are my eyes playing tricks on me or is that front plate black? If so is this now an available option with club plates?

Hey @Rod C.. Unfortunately no. It's just a display plate. the full size club  plate covered my whole front grill and I wanted better airflow to the  radiator just behind. My cars a weekender only, so it doesn't get a lot of road time & often I'm just on an SMT' or up at the sparrows on  the back roads... 

If you're interested, take a look at www.unrealplates.com.au. They're not expensive.

if yours is a daily drive probably wouldn't recommend it.

Hey @Rod C.. Unfortunately no. It's just a display plate. the full size club  plate covered my whole front grill and I wanted better airflow to the  radiator just behind. My cars a weekender only, so it doesn't get a lot of road time & often I'm just on an SMT' or up at the sparrows on  the back roads... 

If you're interested, take a look at www.unrealplates.com.au. They're not expensive.

if yours is a daily drive probably wouldn't recommend it.

Thanks Philbee

Thought we would break in the New Year, with a run to Phillip Island for lunch.

Ended up popping into the Vietnam Veterans Museum, which was closed unfortunately, but still managed to squeeze a couple of shots off.

Then onto Rhyll for lunch by the water.   Weather a bit ordinary, overcast.  Heaps of traffic coming home.

VVAM%204.jpg

VVAM%205.jpg

This is a Caribou under restoration.   Served in many countries.   I may have even had the privilege of having flown with this one back 70/71

They were called Wallaby Airlines. 

VVAM%201.jpg

I think this is a Gruman Tracker, obviously from our RAN.   The wings used to fold over I think for storage on the Carriers. (Errrrrr Carrier)

VVAM%203.jpg

VVAM%202.jpg

Edited by Niko