Porsche Drive Negativity

Jkay

Quick rant but, I now totally understand why some people Who drive nice cars get hate 

A young guy nearly ran me over earlier today in not far from Kings Cross… I was on a pushy ie a bicycle he was in his PORSCHE Macan - I’m a part time bicycle delivery rider to fill a gap 

Long story short he says to me “I’m not stupid coz I can drive car like this, but look at you” (pointing at his porsche and then pointing to me on my delivery bicycle lol) - I’ve owned 4 Porsches (currently still have one), Aston V8 Vantage, an F Car etc but didn’t bother telling him that lol as it would have turned into a silly dick swinging contest 😅…. 

I actually felt embarrassed for him after he said that and immediately understood why some people hate people who drive nice cars. What a fine young man….

I never judge anyone based on the Car they drive, but with people like this guy out there, I can see why some do tar us all with the same brush …. 

Anyway rant over…. hope everyone has a great Christmas ! 

Yep the old saying "never judge a book by it's cover is so true".

I bought my first Porsche when I was 21, a 924. Went to the local dealer, admittedly I was just dressed in shorts and a t-shirt and was in the showroom having a look at the 924 I would eventually buy.

Salesman comes up and asks if I need anything, told him i'm interested in the car and could I take it for a test drive. He looked at me for a second and basically said "when you have the money come back and see me " and walked off with a smirk on his face.

Came back the next week went up to his boss ( a well known South Australian ) and said I want to be assisted by .............. The look on his face when he saw me, still in shorts and t-shirt ( different ones ) was priceless.

Funny thing though a business man of a certain nationality came in the same day with a brief case full of cash and was treated like a rock star. Didn't matter that the money was more than likely dirty.

11 hours ago, sleazius said:

You sure you weren’t just subject to cyclist hate? I know a lot of people have an irrational hatred of bike riders, the dude could have just as easily been driving a dunny-door. You probably just triggered the road rage by existing.

I sometimes have a hate of cyclists too when they do silly things and I’m driving my porsche, I just hide it better and don’t go round telling cyclists “I’m smart which is the reason I can drive a porsche “ 😅

13 hours ago, Jkay said:

Long story short he says to me “I’m not stupid coz I can drive car like this, but look at you” 

You're a good man!  I couldn't help myself with a segue like that... I'd start harassing him about his build spec/options, and I'll bet it had a fucking panoramic roof too! 

My son and I were going past the new Porsche center in Newcastle this week (yes we have one now), on our way to look at Dodge Ram's and a Chev Silverado, he said to me, lets have a look and see what they have in the showroom. I said that I felt under dressed to go in there, I had shorts and thongs on but he looked more civilised, he said money is money, doesn't matter what you look like. So true.

Some people buy expensive cars to make themselves feel/look more important.  These are the ones who act like this.  Because they amp themselves up while driving it the attitude spills out.

Most people figure out early on nobody really gives a shit what you drive.   And no material thing can really improve the way you feel about yourself.  You can buy a Porsche to make you smile but you can’t buy one to make you a better person. 

Quite a few years ago not long after I bought my 924 ( the one I mentioned earlier ) I was put in my place well and truly by a VW beetle owner.

Sitting at the lights minding my own business and a VW driver rolls up next to me, winds his passenger window down and shouts out to me " at least my engine is in the rear " 

Never felt so small since :) 

11 minutes ago, 3legs said:

Quite a few years ago not long after I bought my 924 ( the one I mentioned earlier ) I was put in my place well and truly by a VW beetle owner.

Sitting at the lights minding my own business and a VW driver rolls up next to me, winds his passenger window down and shouts out to me " at least my engine is in the rear " 

Never felt so small since :) 

Drive a roadster on the Hume Hwy.. definition of small 

I even had a 60 plus something guy and his wife in their Ford ranger,  paying out on me big time , to the extent I had to check a random impulse , for not been equidistant within the lines of a park bay  - I was in the smart roadster 

• 4 weeks later...