Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I was pretty sure you had to get import approval to register the car before it got here? I would do my homework on that one to make sure it is straight forward to register it before I handed any money over..

3 hours ago, MFX said:

I was pretty sure you had to get import approval to register the car before it got here? I would do my homework on that one to make sure it is straight forward to register it before I handed any money over..

Need import approval to get yellow plate.  Need yellow plate to get reg.

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

I'd set it on fire then claim the insurance personally  

After its washed so you can claim to be a fastidious owner and the 2000 grand of extra cover for the expensive tools you used to work on it ;)

15 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

*666* BHP... It's trouble! :wacko: haha

I'm a fan of that colour though, not so much the alu-look interior touches, overall looks great

Agree, that's really nice.  I could find a place for it in my garage....

9 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Jesuz!  Did you read what been done to the engine???  

Looks a good buy assuming the rebuilt engine hasn't been razed to death like the original build.

Don't 996's look great in a proper colour too. 

100k of repairs .. keeps Autohaus happy .. I dont like the colour on that car , but you could wrap it , its should go alright .. but probably as a worked car , maybe not value unless your in to the hotrod thing .. i reckon +1 20%  , cant fault the dudes choice of repairs and intercoolers etc..  Where is @smit2100  . should we hustle the dude and strip it for parts ? @Fraz  outlook?

10 hours ago, 901er said:

Quickly gets popcorn ready for  @smit2100's assessment on above 996tt 

% Boost @ e=mc2 x leverage ratio boost $ theory of relativity - boost cpi dialled up + boost i before e except before c boost = dividend of same boost lbs :CoolDance:

7 hours ago, 901er said:

Quickly gets popcorn ready for  @smit2100's assessment on above 996tt 

7 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

% Boost @ e=mc2 x leverage ratio boost $ theory of relativity - boost cpi dialled up + boost i after e except before c boost = dividend of same boost lbs :CoolDance:

Movie Trailer Version.

Weapon in a boss suit per @skidmarks line, but its been re-tailored to account for some aging and a few more kegs (hp) and enlarged prostate  (more boost) developed over the years

Missing the credits on who tuned the car, was the engine rebuilt with carillo rods and were the 7 coolant pipes welded and are the boost lines and valves been replaced within the last decade.   Perhaps need to get access to the script invoices to confirm.

Certainty got the dolby surround sound right with the boltons to get to a solid 500 plus  decibels (hp) with the right producer tuner and turbo's (or are they stock factory)

Not convinced on the credits on focusing on no oil leaks (given), no boost leaks would of been more appropriate for the targeted audience.

Why are aircooled hotrods with rebuilt engines sought after, but concerns with rebuilt mezgers that aren't sitting in a 996gt3  and concerns they have been overworked and perhaps too many  type 1 overevs. Do you need to over rev a boosted mezger with a respected tuner?

Cheap thrills compared to a modded aircooled or stock 996turbo.  Eg Stick it third, put the foot down and compare the pair / pairs. Engine can possibly take double the factory boost at minimal incremental cost to a similiarly aged stock one.  

Box office hit me thinks over an original one at similar ticketed seat pricing. 

2 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Movie Trailer Version.

Weapon in a boss suit per @skidmarks line, but its been re-tailored to account for some aging and a few more kegs (hp) and enlarged prostate  (more boost) developed over the years

Missing the credits on who tuned the car, was the engine rebuilt with carillo rods and were the 7 coolant pipes welded and are the boost lines and valves been replaced within the last decade.   Perhaps need to get access to the script invoices to confirm.

Certainty got the dolby surround sound right with the boltons to get to a solid 500 plus  decibels (hp) with the right producer tuner and turbo's (or are they stock factory)

Not convinced on the credits on focusing on no oil leaks (given), no boost leaks would of been more appropriate for the targeted audience.

Why are aircooled hotrods with rebuilt engines sought after, but concerns with rebuilt mezgers that aren't sitting in a 996gt3  and concerns they have been overworked and perhaps too many  type 1 overevs. Do you need to over rev a boosted mezger with a respected tuner?

Cheap thrills compared to a modded aircooled or stock 996turbo.  Eg Stick it third, put the foot down and compare the pair / pairs. Engine can possibly take double the factory boost at minimal incremental cost to a similiarly aged stock one.  

Box office hit me thinks over an original one at similar ticketed seat pricing. 

How about the $150k 996TT in QLD then...have a read of that add as it apparently has over 850hp with engine rated at 1500hp and is quoted as fastest in country....