996 GT3 Purchase

On 11/02/2021 at 10:45, edgy said:

Well that is not exactly difficult math, but that works on the assumption that @WGA vin is in the 691 sequence (it could be 690)... the earliest vin I could find is actually 690993, but here is what is interesting, the "invoice date" is noted as 14/11/2003, where as there is 691047 with an invoice date of 05/11/2003 - a later vin with a earlier invoice date... I am trying to get to the bottom of that... I think the only 4 looks to be debunked at this point, but I will continue to dig and see if that is now 5 or 50! Also, some other data points may help correlate the "invoice date" to the production date... I have most of my paperwork from new, and lots of the cars I have VIN numbers for have traded in recent years, so I should be able to pull the first registered dates as an additional data point. 

I am intrigued by the fact the first lot were RHD, but I think that would come down to nothing more than where the body shop was at, they were probably in RHD body production at that point in time. 

Just checked the VIN of Tassie's sole remaining RS, and it is 690945, which is earlier than the 690993 you mentioned Kurt.  This was an Oz delivered car....

9 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Just checked the VIN of Tassie's sole remaining RS, and it is 690945, which is earlier than the 690993 you mentioned Kurt.  This was an Oz delivered car....

Very interesting Pete! Thanks, I will collate a few more VIN’s and do more research 

40 minutes ago, GC9911 said:

& the point of your question is???? Something coming up for sale???

Yup, exactly that.

32 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

220-240

Thank you, I had thought it'd be around that mark. Just wanted some confirmation as for similar money you can get a new GT4 or a 991.1 GT3 - of course neither of those I'm after.

37 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

220-240

I don't suppose you happen to have a car for sale or recently sold in this market? ;)

16 minutes ago, njb said:

Yup, exactly that.

Thank you, I had thought it'd be around that mark. Just wanted some confirmation as for similar money you can get a new GT4 or a 991.1 GT3 - of course neither of those I'm after.

I don't suppose you happen to have a car for sale or recently sold in this market? ;)

I did ... 😇

1 hour ago, MR901 said:

Mine has only done 21,000km albeit 100% racing km's.....happy to sell for 220-240k !!! I suspect however that racing km's are like dog years at a 1:7 ratio....ha ha

Only driven on weekends? 😜

46 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect it might be a Speed Yellow 1st Gen non-CS, as recently fettled inside by Bill Mossas (BM Creations) per his FB site.  Believe price is $220k

Details? Sub 20k Kms?

1 hour ago, 901er said:

Huh 🤔 

@spiller you owe me another 50k 😩

I better find you a MK1 to fill the void quick smart! 🤪

42 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Suspect it might be a Speed Yellow 1st Gen non-CS, as recently fettled inside by Bill Mossas (BM Creations) per his FB site.  Believe price is $220k

Yeh that was me that popped the question to Bill that was swiftly answered.... my search continues 😢

29 minutes ago, DD911 said:

Happy with a higher miler. As far as I have seen myself there hasn’t been many actually sell over $200k let alone $220k. May be a different story off market  

I suspect most cars are selling off market at the moment, certainly not many being advertised.......

16 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

It would be worth more if it was a 996 though. 

Maybe we could resto mod it, cut those ugly round lights out and replace with a set of lovely fried eggs. 

runny yolk.