The 996 Inspiration Gallery

47 minutes ago, dan_189 said:

IMO I think this could go one of two ways - either people will absolutely hate petrol earth destroyers or only the special petrol cars will survive and people will appreciate seeing and hearing them on the odd occasion... I am hoping for the latter. Petrol for fun - electric for everyday  

I agree with @ANF, these will play out together I think. First the former, which will make everything cheap, and only relatively special cars will survive.

After that the later effect will come into play, as values increase because not much stays on the road and what does will be genuinely interesting cars.

Driving around in something that’s not special, like multi-ton tanks that guzzle petrol will be about as fashionable as smoking soon... I can’t imagine it’s going to be long before resale starts to reflect that. I know more than a few “non-car-people” who are sitting on their various whitegoods-on-wheels family cars because they can see the future is electric for everyday use, as you say, and are just waiting for things like the Model 3 to lob in the right price bracket for a boring daily...

So in summary, 996s are on the way up... 😂😂😂

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, hugh said:

Totally. You should get on the program, 996 is life bra. 

Program is on pause mode for the immediate future mate 😁

I don't think there is a better value Porsche than a 996

2 hours ago, ANF said:

That is sacrilegious! Leave the old cars alone...… plenty of new crap to do that with! :D

This is true. Would be a mod just like with P cars that doesn’t harm original steel so much. Would be purely for guilt free driving, and power of course. 

In other news I’ve heard Porsche are working on adding fake flat six sound to a ev so the experience resembles a petrol powered- bit better than drying your mouth out making noises yourself?! 🤣

Well my 25yo daughter has some sense, and her first car was an all orig '66 Ap6 valiant in period green, great for her and her inner suburban type friends hahahhaha.... I'm selling it for her soon and she's now looking for some comfort and easy driving in her '05 Imprezza wagon $5000 special (black of course) to blend into her Brunswick surroundings with all the greenies:ConfusedGeek: BUT she has her eye on my 911 and says it's a battle to the death for it with my sons in a few years time .....

15 minutes ago, LeeM said:

@Troubleshooter How good is the AP6 mate? A friend here in Adelaide is a Valiant nut, so I can ask him if he's interested. Valiants are big here in general too, mainly because they were built here 

Pisser of a car Lee but the drum brakes will kill someone one day - they're either on or off! All orig 2 tone green int and ext, I call it a 3 tone. I cruised back from Ballarat a month back in it... 4 speed wind down air cond worked a treat! This is not it but it's the same....

Image result for ap6 valiant green

14 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Pisser of a car Lee but the drum brakes will kill someone one day - they're either on or off! All orig 2 tone green int and ext, I call it a 3 tone. I cruised back from Ballarat a month back in it... 4 speed wind down air cond worked a treat! This is not it but it's the same....

Image result for ap6 valiant green

Cool mate. Send me some pics and price when you get a chance and I'll pass them on. My old AP5 had the same brake set up 😁 Come to think of it, my VE Val and 66 Chev did too! I never did fix them 😁

Gotta love those drum brakes, old seatbelts and skinny tyres, thank God this one has radials not conventionals ... amazing half the population didn't die! Circa early 60's, just hook up the van with the 4 kids in the back, hahahha youngest on the parcel shelf, no seat belts, and baby on mum's lap and head on up the Hume with every other maniac .. tremendous feat to make it to the other end with no overheating or injury!!

54 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

looking for some comfort and easy driving in her '05 Imprezza wagon $5000 special (black of course) to blend into her Brunswick surroundings with all the greenies:ConfusedGeek: BUT she has her eye on my 911 and says it's a battle to the death for it with my sons in a few years time .....

Love those old Valiants hope it goes to a good home. Had a Charger once - enjoyed it a lot but the ex-owner was getting out gaol  & I thought he would come looking for it. Your lucky - my son (only child) has shown no interest in taking over my 911or my other treasures. Hate that Millennial disinterest. 

Hmmm a black Subaru in Brunswick. You might have to do some decal removal.

s-l300.jpg

Hahhaha the lesbos took over the Subi icon from the greenies as they infiltrated Northcote. Had a beater 318 Charger for a year and did a wheelie at every corner never let me down, sold it for $1100. Your son might grow into it as the Millennial childhood/uni life passes and he grows into the reality of life.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

A mates recent GT2 purchase. He was bloody quick in his old narrow body, so I can only imagine he'd be a dot on the horizon in this thing pretty quickly. He'll probably be setting the pace in an Adelaide Rally class in March.

20210110-094050.jpg

Common as a Camry these GT2's

20210110-082937.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...