997 GT3 Market Watch

5 hours ago, James P said:

.1's are changing hands in private sales for 160 to 170 now days for good cars, mint cars will be above that but not by much. trade in's are around 140 as of a few months ago 

I will have another if u can find me a CS🤣 

Sincerely I don’t see a market the volume of sales too low to get a feel . 

Of the cars I would have bought in the oats 12 months  I know the two buyers and sent both friends to buy them and neither at those prices ...and I hate retail 

If they are as low as that I know where my cars staying ... in my garage 

12 hours ago, symsy said:

I know of 1 off  market sale of at Gen1 sub 40,000 kms and it had a 2 in front of it and I also know of a .2 but that’s 250 in discussion 

Where did this price benchmark of 180-190 come from that seems to be discussed on this thread , it don’t seem like it’s linked to sales ??? 

Im an owner and my benchmark thoughts were 200-245 when I bought 2 years ago , do we think these prices have fallen ... ?

The UK market for example isn’t a good reference , brexit plus Covid plus a crap economy = financial strain 

I am pondering a change and as an owner and as feedback I would be pitching a car CS 200-225 gen1 and  Gen2 235-255 .

I have seen RS that were very toppy in price fall but only from a very inflated position in my view .

As a side thought on mileages I have been looking at 996 turbo/997 turbos and have seen a worked 200,000kms car  and my question do we really have anything to worry about ? Same motors right ! 

I hope u find your cars soon lads .. you will love em I suggest take down the barrier and worry about the 10k And when u have 10k GT3 mileage and smiles under your belt you won’t be regretting it ... 

Was the 200k worked 996 turbo running factory epoxy on the cooling lines.   Or is that just a watch how much boost your running issue.   I hear bugger all about pissing coolant on tracks in 997  gt3's  but a bit  of noise on worked 996 turbo's.  Did the chemistry improve for the 997.1 gt3.

12 hours ago, symsy said:

As a side thought on mileages I have been looking at 996 turbo/997 turbos and have seen a worked 200,000kms car  and my question do we really have anything to worry about ? Same motors right ! 

@symsy is it you causing all these "interest in Increasing" messages I've been getting from Car Sales on the Turbos I had saved???? 🙂 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

@symsy is it you causing all these "interest in Increasing" messages I've been getting from Car Sales on the Turbos I had saved???? 🙂 

Don’t you hate those, it’s a bloody scam to ramp up FOMO.  I’ve saved a bunch of cars for my daughter and same shit on those.  It’s some dodgy algorithm unrelated to enquiry I reckon.

PFA the root of many a fake rise in your advert stats .. 

Lucky I didn’t discuss em on The Porsche Enthusiasts and the Classic Porsche Aus page they would all put the prices up 

Sorry @TwoHeadsTas

PS tyre kicking in Brissy today .. prices on 996 will be on the up tmrw 🤣

23 hours ago, edgy said:

So it looks like slim pickings still on the 997 market. 

Im not going to lie, the last few days I’ve been getting an itch to sell... only because a mate just bagged a pumpkin 🎃 

I need RS in my life... 

but who’d buy this POS? 😂

915A48DE-CF96-415F-A48F-926FEA371296.thumb.jpeg.adf19db5f6724e0e8b76472bace1823d.jpeg

How well did he go price wise ? I’m keen to know the real prices. I think the majority for sale are in denial of what they really should be price wise vs what they either  owe dealers or private owners not wanting to loose on what they  paid them from new, then never drove them in the hope they were going up in value 
I’m the same those two letters haunt me 🤦‍♂️😂 RS 

Such a lot of power in two simple letters

24 minutes ago, Mick said:

How well did he go price wise ? I’m keen to know the real prices. I think the majority for sale are in denial of what they really should be price wise vs what they either  owe dealers or private owners not wanting to loose on what they  paid them from new, then never drove them in the hope they were going up in value 
I’m the same those two letters haunt me 🤦‍♂️😂 RS 

Such a lot of power in two simple letters

Unfortunately he is in Dublin, so the price is just plain offensive to us Australians I’m afraid 😧 

it’s almost worth living there for a year 😂

23 hours ago, edgy said:

Im not going to lie, the last few days I’ve been getting an itch to sell... only because a mate just bagged a pumpkin 🎃 

I need RS in my life... 

915A48DE-CF96-415F-A48F-926FEA371296.thumb.jpeg.adf19db5f6724e0e8b76472bace1823d.jpeg

Kurt, think you need to update your Past and Present listing for the 986 sale 🙂 

On 20/06/2020 at 19:46, edgy said:

I need RS in my life... 

Just love the colour in that shot.  Is it shot with a polarising filter on the camera or is that the real colour?

13 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Just love the colour in that shot.  Is it shot with a polarising filter on the camera or is that the real colour?

Hey mate, not its just shot on an iPhone 11 Pro... I do post edit for the right balances, usually I like to do that in situ as quite often the screen appearance doesn't match what your eyes see in the flesh... its a lovely colour. 

Here's another angle shot on DSLR, the colour really dances with the light! 

IMG_9859.thumb.JPG.48420473bbd42b5bb4d5005fdeb0b3a5.JPG

3 hours ago, mbedford said:

Great advert  @edgy https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-porsche-911-gt3-997-manual-my07/SSE-AD-5982398/?Cr=0

Appreciate you speaking to me first before putting up the advert. Good photos, good description, good luck selling!

Thanks Mark! 

If you get the itch for something blue... you know I’m not far away... it can be yours tomorrow.... kind of like amazon prime? 😂