997 GT3 Market Watch

On 18/07/2020 at 11:30, mbedford said:

Just got a call from the owner of the low km GT3 in Adelaide, after some gut-wrenching feelings, he's decided not to sell the car. Very disappointing for me but better to hear this before I pay out for a PPI.

The search continues for me.

This guy must not be a serious seller 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2007-Porsche-911-GT3-997-Manual-MY07/SSE-AD-6601199?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-6601199

On 20/07/2020 at 14:59, edgy said:

Hi Mark, 

No it didn't sell yet, I decided to withdraw the ad and I am presently reconsidering my strategy. 

Sorry to hear about your shitty ordeal with the seller withdrawing on you in the 11th hour. 

cheers

It’s up again . The cover shot is epic 

On 20/07/2020 at 19:19, wilson59 said:

He wants $275 on the advert, i called him 3 months ago, she said he already had an offer for $225k which IMHO is too much. I advised him to TAKE IT!! Well it musta been BS as its still on the market, unless the $225k offer was withdrawn.

Its honestly so hard to find a low km good GT3 thats not black (sorry Edgy, not yours but yes yours is lovely) i've decided to buy this if it passes PPI and have 6 months of fun until the right GT3 comes along. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual-my06/OAG-AD-18972526/?Cr=3

15 minutes ago, mbedford said:

He wants $275 on the advert, i called him 3 months ago, she said he already had an offer for $225k which IMHO is too much. I advised him to TAKE IT!! Well it musta been BS as its still on the market, unless the $225k offer was withdrawn.

Its honestly so hard to find a low km good GT3 thats not black (sorry Edgy, not yours but yes yours is lovely) i've decided to buy this if it passes PPI and have 6 months of fun until the right GT3 comes along. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual-my06/OAG-AD-18972526/?Cr=3

Nice "in-between" car choice.  You may even find the cab will satisfy 95% of your 997 needs.

2 hours ago, mbedford said:

i've decided to buy this if it passes PPI and have 6 months of fun until the right GT3 comes along. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2006-porsche-911-carrera-s-997-manual-my06/OAG-AD-18972526/?Cr=3

I love our 997 S Manual Cab.  It such a great all round fun car, with ample power and great handling. Our kids love the roof down, and me & Mrs love the manual S. 

I think you will enjoy @mbedford

Yes the wife and kids really wanted a cab for obvious reasons. Maybe i'll love it more than I think, still have my heart set on a 997 GT3 though. I've never driven a 997 cab, only the 996, cant wait to see how it goes.

55 minutes ago, JWM said:

Nice car . It’s the little things but if I asking a price 50 k over what the market is the front lip would be a brand spanker .

I know that is how my car was supplied when I sold it but maybe that’s just me 

On 20/07/2020 at 14:59, edgy said:

Hi Mark, 

No it didn't sell yet, I decided to withdraw the ad and I am presently reconsidering my strategy. 

Sorry to hear about your shitty ordeal with the seller withdrawing on you in the 11th hour. 

cheers

Mr Lapis Sold ?

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

Mr Lapis Sold ?

No mate, going to re-list in due course... I am finding it very difficult with interstate buyers, so I feel compelled to better present the car for them, which I am working on doing exactly that! 

A good dose of low ballers and opportunist as you'd imagine... 

6 minutes ago, edgy said:

No mate, going to re-list in due course... I am finding it very difficult with interstate buyers, so I feel compelled to better present the car for them, which I am working on doing exactly that! 

A good dose of low ballers and opportunist as you'd imagine... 

The pics in the latest listing looked awesome . You have that car so well priced 

42 minutes ago, edgy said:

Not well enough according to some...

I think we all expect people to lowball price at anytime - but a lot of buyers right now will assume listing expensive cars as a 'Covid sale'. 

To be honest @edgy I'm not sure that the carsales ad coming off/on a couple of times is a good thing. Buyers who have the car saved will receive 'on hold' notifications and may perceive the sale as having problems. They may assume you have taken a deposit, and then sale has fallen through several times. I just think it may invoke doubt.  The one thing I do know so far about you & your car is you have spared no expense in maintenance and improvements - PR had nothing but praise for it. 

At the moment, there are only 3 others for sale, none of them under $220k. The other few recently advertised around $180/190 having already sold should be a plus for your timing. I personally would stick it at just under $200, and hold tight..!

Hope I'm not out of line with your game plan, but strategy aside, I love your GT3, and there will be someone eventually come along who appreciates it too and will pay a fair price.

Good luck. 

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Pictures or Price ? 

Price of course... if you ask $180k they will say $150-160, if you say $150 they will say $130k :lol: and so forth... 

39 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I think we all expect people to lowball price at anytime - but a lot of buyers right now will assume listing expensive cars as a 'Covid sale'. 

To be honest @edgy I'm not sure that the carsales ad coming off/on a couple of times is a good thing. Buyers who have the car saved will receive 'on hold' notifications and may perceive the sale as having problems. They may assume you have taken a deposit, and then sale has fallen through several times. I just think it may invoke doubt.  The one thing I do know so far about you & your car is you have spared no expense in maintenance and improvements - PR had nothing but praise for it. 

At the moment, there are only 3 others for sale, none of them under $220k. The other few recently advertised around $180/190 having already sold should be a plus for your timing. I personally would stick it at just under $200, and hold tight..!

Hope I'm not out of line with your game plan, but strategy aside, I love your GT3, and there will be someone eventually come along who appreciates it too and will pay a fair price.

Good luck. 

I started writing a rant, but figured its useless, because you all understand where I am coming from and you get it! Wait and see the re-list :) , I am with you on the price strategy too BTW. 

You're right about the no expense spared... I stopped adding up at the point that I could have bought a 996 Carrera :lol: 

9 minutes ago, edgy said:

Price of course... if you ask $180k they will say $150-160, if you say $150 they will say $130k :lol: and so forth... 

I started writing a rant, but figured its useless, because you all understand where I am coming from and you get it! Wait and see the re-list :) , I am with you on the price strategy too BTW. 

You're right about the no expense spared... I stopped adding up at the point that I could have bought a 996 Carrera :lol: 

Crazy . I think the car is priced spot on but of course you need someone to hand over the $$$$$ . I don't get it when you see the market which has two cars overpriced (not sure where they come up with those numbers ) everything else would indicate your car is cheap .

Go with the rest of them and ask $250,000 someone will pick it up at a bargain price of $220 K

20 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Go with the rest of them and ask $250,000 someone will pick it up at a bargain price of $220 K

lol 

See I am not cut from that cloth, me, I shoot straight... we get to the point and do business, most people don't grasp that concept...so its probably me that is special! :lol: 

44 minutes ago, edgy said:

lol 

See I am not cut from that cloth, me, I shoot straight... we get to the point and do business, most people don't grasp that concept...so its probably me that is special! :lol: 

I reckon you should consider consigning it.  Its a good car, you should get a fair and reasonable price for it and paying a dealer the 10-15k or whatever to deal with the tyre kickers and close a deal across the line maybe worth it.  

Just putting my 20 cents worth. I believe some on here are under valuing the 997.1 GT3 in general. 
I’m also not sure if the same people implying that the 7.1 GT3 should be around the 190-210k own such a car. My point being is that these cars are amazingly well built with a bulletproof drive train, sublime handling and are very, very limited in numbers. 

Case in point, look at the 7.1 Gt3 RS, in essence the same car, slightly rarer, different paint scheme and a Few minute refinements (slightly wider track, slightly less mass, etc). However in essence the same, and these cars trade for 370-410 ks.  

So why isn’t the Value of 7.1 Gt3 worth at least 70-75% of the RS when it’s 90% of that car, particularly so when the 7.1 is with the CS options. 

Also look at the 997 gt3 RS4, that’s a million dollar car. Yes, I concede it’s much rarer, faster and more exclusive. However, Objectively is it 5 times the Car of a 7.1 Gt3 CS? 

i believe in the not too distant future potential buyers who could’ve picked up a 7.1 Gt3 CS for around the 200k are going to be kicking themselves as (when things settle a bit) I honestly believe 7.1 Gt3 and more so 7.1 Gt3 cs’s will be worth closer to the 270-300 k Mark. 

These are a real drivers car, in Very limited numbers (unlike the 991’s) I also believe this will hold true for the 03 and 04 996 Gt3 as well.

Well that’s my take on contributors Opinions hear constantly inferring That a 7.1 is only a 180-190 k car. Clearly others believe and / or are stating to see their potential value too, by recently priced cars being Advertised at 220-270k.
So my point being, at the current price of approximately 200k’s or there about, this car is a Real steal by any measurable objective datum. 

43 minutes ago, Rachnath said:

Just putting my 20 cents worth. I believe some on here are under valuing the 997.1 GT3 in general. 
I’m also not sure if the same people implying that the 7.1 GT3 should be around the 190-210k own such a car. My point being is that these cars are amazingly well built with a bulletproof drive train, sublime handling and are very, very limited in numbers. 

Case in point, look at the 7.1 Gt3 RS, in essence the same car, slightly rarer, different paint scheme and a Few minute refinements (slightly wider track, slightly less mass, etc). However in essence the same, and these cars trade for 370-410 ks.  

So why isn’t the Value of 7.1 Gt3 worth at least 70-75% of the RS when it’s 90% of that car, particularly so when the 7.1 is with the CS options. 

Also look at the 997 gt3 RS4, that’s a million dollar car. Yes, I concede it’s much rarer, faster and more exclusive. However, Objectively is it 5 times the Car of a 7.1 Gt3 CS? 

i believe in the not too distant future potential buyers who could’ve picked up a 7.1 Gt3 CS for around the 200k are going to be kicking themselves as (when things settle a bit) I honestly believe 7.1 Gt3 and more so 7.1 Gt3 cs’s will be worth closer to the 270-300 k Mark. 

These are a real drivers car, in Very limited numbers (unlike the 991’s) I also believe this will hold true for the 03 and 04 996 Gt3 as well.

Well that’s my take on contributors Opinions hear constantly inferring That a 7.1 is only a 180-190 k car. Clearly others believe and / or are stating to see their potential value too, by recently priced cars being Advertised at 220-270k.
So my point being, at the current price of approximately 200k’s or there about, this car is a Real steal by any measurable objective datum. 

Your argument is flawed. Just because a 997.1 GT3 is 90% of a GT3RS, has no bearing on how closely they should be valued. Logic plays no part in this, it is all about rarity and desirability.

1 hour ago, Rachnath said:

Your argument is flawed simply by what the market dictates . Cars sub $200K sell anything above sits on the market and creates something that seems false . You should buy Edgys car you can buy it at what would be considered a steal .

37 minutes ago, MFX said:

Your argument is flawed. Just because a 997.1 GT3 is 90% of a GT3RS, has no bearing on how closely they should be valued. Logic plays no part in this, it is all about rarity and desirability.

My constant dabble in the Bevel Ducati market will confirm your opinion . There are plenty of bikes that in theory should be worth more when compared to the green frame 750 SS but they are not . Once again the market has chosen where the market sits . There have been plenty of dreamers advertising bikes at inflated prices but unfortunately for the sellers there are very few suckers to bite . 

The whole RS special sauce is that its greater than the sum of its parts! @Rachnath 

I am with you, and in midst of selling one, I agree they are currently undervalued for how good they are... but being close to a number of transactions, $200k is pretty much the average middle marker for bench mark pricing +/- 10% 

Anyhow, spent the day shooting yesterday, a little appetiser of what's to come for my PFA homies! 

IMG_2637.thumb.JPG.e91e2364688e6cae8e6f684c84d6db36.JPG

6 hours ago, MFX said:

Naturally, your entitled to an opinion.

Furthermore, to an extent I also partially agree.  
Point in case a diamond, nothing further need be said.

However my point was to purely highlight the hard objective facts (I’m an analytical, methodical person, an Engineer). 

Once the stickers are removed and marketing BS are stripped away there is very little in them from a technical rationale point of view, in most facets I can think of. 

Again, I believe the 7.1 Gt3 CS in the near future will seem like a steal at today’s price of 200 odd k’s, likewise with the 96.2 Gt3. Just my opinion. 

These two along with 997.2 will shine collectivity wise, in particularly against the 991 version. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

The whole RS special sauce is that its greater than the sum of its parts! @Rachnath 

I am with you, and in midst of selling one, I agree they are currently undervalued for how good they are... but being close to a number of transactions, $200k is pretty much the average middle marker for bench mark pricing +/- 10% 

Anyhow, spent the day shooting yesterday, a little appetiser of what's to come for my PFA homies! 

IMG_2637.thumb.JPG.e91e2364688e6cae8e6f684c84d6db36.JPG

IF you don’t mind me stating so, I believe you’d be better off advertising it at around 225k mark and selling it via consignment, It looks that good, Selling is 80% perception. 
Case in point, there are people on this site (people in general) who’ll Happily pay another 200k because they have got RS stickers on similar vehicles.

3 hours ago, Rachnath said:

Naturally, your entitled to an opinion.

Furthermore, to an extent I also partially agree.  
Point in case a diamond, nothing further need be said.

However my point was to purely highlight the hard objective facts (I’m an analytical, methodical person, an Engineer). 

Once the stickers are removed and marketing BS are stripped away there is very little in them from a technical rationale point of view, in most facets I can think of. 

Again, I believe the 7.1 Gt3 CS in the near future will seem like a steal at today’s price of 200 odd k’s, likewise with the 96.2 Gt3. Just my opinion. 

These two along with 997.2 will shine collectivity wise, in particularly against the 991 version. 

IF you don’t mind me stating so, I believe you’d be better off advertising it at around 225k mark and selling it via consignment, It looks that good, Selling is 80% perception. 
Case in point, there are people on this site (people in general) who’ll Happily pay another 200k because they have got RS stickers on similar vehicles.

Don’t knock the 991 it’s a terrific GT3 in fact the .2 has one of the best engines shoved into the backside of a GT 3 .