What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

10 hours ago, Airhead said:

Finished the front on Monday.

Very happy with the final result.

And an arty shot.

1Jy7EaJ.jpg

Took it for a drive on Tuesday. Loving it.

Hang on. Did I see some dirt under the wheel arches? Hmmmm.

Great job..&...great photo

On 08/11/2019 at 07:57, Andy73 said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one who gets all OCD about detailing my 964!

OCD is actually a diagnosable condition and not a throwaway line so commonly done today. 

Fixing misaligned this or that on a car is not a good or reliable indication of OCD. 

What is OCD about this detailing job? 

Refer to the actual definition of OCD first.... https://www.beyondblue.org.au/the-facts/anxiety/types-of-anxiety/ocd

I'm not seeing any real evidence of OCD here.  What I am seeing is attention to detail and care of workmanship in the photos.  You'd have to observe first hand or see video of the work being performed and then start the diagnosis process.

No more getting conked on the head by the bonnet of the 996.1 GT3.

Fitted the new gas struts yesterday.  Only 3 months after I got them.  Have to work up to these things ...

Very easy.  Slip off the top clip and ease off the knobby thingy and then, in true man style, lever the unit off the bottom knobby thingy. Then press on the replacement.  Literally a 5 minute job (including removal of said struts from wrapping).  

4 hours ago, jakroo said:

I'm not seeing any real evidence of OCD here.  What I am seeing is attention to detail and care of workmanship in the photos.  You'd have to observe first hand or see video of the work being performed and then start the diagnosis process.

If I did a video of the whole process I'd be able to bore you lot for about 35 hours at least. 🙄

6 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Noted. Cheers mate.

Thanks.  I can tell you from first hand experience of watching one of my best mates slowly but surely sink in to the vortex of hell with what started as a sense of being clean to being germ phobic to now what he and his family have to go through.  His children, whilst not having the same mental anxiety are nevertheless subjected to rigorous washing and other mental calming routines that their father goes through each and every time they get grubby or need to use their hands or mouths for anything.  Quite extraordinary and it is breaking the family.  The mental anxiety that they now go through in embarrassment is starting to get right up to the point of explosion.

So yes StevepGT3, I am offended on someone else's behalf but only because too many people self diagnose or throw around terms that are not appropriate for the actual behaviours being exhibited.

1 minute ago, jakroo said:

Thanks.  I can tell you from first hand experience of watching one of my best mates slowly but surely sink in to the vortex of hell with what started as a sense of being clean to being germ phobic to now what he and his family have to go through.  His children, whilst not having the same mental anxiety are nevertheless subjected to rigorous washing and other mental calming routines that their father goes through each and every time they get grubby or need to use their hands or mouths for anything.  Quite extraordinary and it is breaking the family.  The mental anxiety that they now go through in embarrassment is starting to get right up to the point of explosion.

Not at all - sorry to have offended. I took a look at the link you provided and gave myself a bit of an education. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, jakroo said:

So yes StevepGT3, I am offended on someone else's behalf but only because too many people self diagnose or throw around terms that are not appropriate for the actual behaviours being exhibited.

Offence can be found everywhere if you seek it out, look at the context of the original statement from andy and you can clearly see that he wasn`t being offensive to anyone except himself.

3 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

Offence can be found everywhere if you seek it out, look at the context of the original statement from andy and you can clearly see that he wasn`t being offensive to anyone except himself.

It's all good mate. It was a flippant comment - yes, self deprecating - but if someone's seen the serious side of a condition like OCD, I can understand they'd want to call someone out on it. Especially in light of how freely people use the term. 

Anywho, I'll say this, my car is bloody filthy right now on account of all this Melbourne rain. In an odd turn of events, I don't mind it and may leave it for a few weeks!

On 10/11/2019 at 09:44, Skidmarks said:

No more getting conked on the head by the bonnet of the 996.1 GT3.

Fitted the new gas struts yesterday.  Only 3 months after I got them.  Have to work up to these things ...

Very easy.  Slip off the top clip and ease off the knobby thingy and then, in true man style, lever the unit off the bottom knobby thingy. Then press on the replacement.  Literally a 5 minute job (including removal of said struts from wrapping).  

I need to do this too... with all the "conks" to the noggin, I think i lost a few more (of what little) brain cells I have left, putting the CTEK on the GT3 the other day... it is literally one of the most annoying problems to live with, yet easiest to resolve. 

Anyone got some motivation to spare? :lol:

On 10/11/2019 at 09:44, Skidmarks said:

Fitted the new gas struts yesterday. 

I used my noggin after the first hit and googled gas strut refills Melb and came up with mobile guy who refilled the ones I had, within 5 minutes each and me fitting them.

They and my brain have been working fine over the last several years.

51 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

In other, more important news, on Friday I ditched the Bilsteins and installed (the guys at NineAuto installed) KW V3s. Plenty of testing over the weekend. Initial impressions are extremely positive.  

Resized_20191106_134852.jpg

Good to see you’re looking after my car👏👏😂

53 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

In other, more important news, on Friday I ditched the Bilsteins and installed (the guys at NineAuto installed) KW V3s. Plenty of testing over the weekend. Initial impressions are extremely positive.  

Resized_20191106_134852.jpg

Hey Jeff. @MFX surely you could squeeze KW for some of these colour matched to your car in exchange for some youtube time  😁

On 11/11/2019 at 17:17, Harvs11 said:

Hey Jeff. @MFX surely you could squeeze KW for some of these colour matched to your car in exchange for some youtube time  😁

It would be great if they were a straight bolt in. Although I have actually got a complete set of factory replacement bushes and shocks to put into the car. As it is going to be primarily a street car, I want it to be as comfortable as possible. It may be slightly compromised for the odd track day, but I am determined to make this a car I will happily just get in and drive everyday. At least that way I have a base to start from and work out if I want to upgrade anything later :D