Coronavirus - what do you think?

1 hour ago, jakroo said:

Just make sure it is suitable for use in this manner.  Our body temp is recorded to one decimal place and is a relatively low value as well so it needs to be accurate.  0 point 1 or 2 is a significant difference in in our body temperature. 

There are also 'in ear' probes that use a disposable plastic sheath that you toss out after each person has been read. I understand that every dollar counts but sometimes it does pay to get the right tool for the job.....https://www.chemistwarehouse.com.au/buy/68465/omron-th839s-ear-thermometer

Ear thermometer would be better, much more accurate for this job

@jakroo

Thanks mate. After my excitement of finding a temp gauge, and us both trying it out this evening a few times and Googling body temps, we're lead to believe that we're both in danger of being hypothermic as we sit here in shorts and tee shirts, so I'd say there is a distinct possibility you could be right 😁

@901er That seems to be the go. Thanks

@wilson59 Ta mate, will look into it with one eye asap 👍

HAPPY EASTER fellow PFAers.

In this current iso-life it’s good to be able to burn a few hours here & there reading all the threads and hearing how fellow Pcar enthusiasts are dealing with the lack of driving our machines as they were intended. Hell, my wife has even stopped nagging me for being on here regularly.

I agree with some comments, disagree with others, and some ....well I just couldn’t give a stuff about, but it usually keeps me entertained during this semi-lockdown, so thanks to all contributors.

No sport, pubs, eating out, or destination-less fangs through the hills......it could be a long winter, so please keep the content coming.

Stay safe 👍

Talking to someone who works for a retail brand.  Furloughed entire retail store staff until further notice.  Fired 25% of head office staff and the rest took a 10% pay cut.  They forecast even if they reopen soon it will take 18-24 months to get sales back and likely some retail stores will never open again.  

23 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Talking to someone who works for a retail brand.  Furloughed entire retail store staff until further notice.  Fired 25% of head office staff and the rest took a 10% pay cut.  They forecast even if they reopen soon it will take 18-24 months to get sales back and likely some retail stores will never open again.  

I've only got 5 locations and if things don't get moving again I'll probably permanently shut 2 of them after this and just deliver those services online.

Depending on how long the rest of retail is shutdown it might take a decade before it recovers if at all. The way people get things has changed. People may also realise they don't need all the crap they buy, permanently lowering consumption to some extent.

Glad I got out of Westfield years ago.

It is looking bleak for retail.

China's return to action has largely been through delivery logistics certifying clean handling. So a seeming trustworthy source for goods.

The lockdown strategies seem to have really worked well in Australia. 

Ozzys essentially quick to get it.

The unlock strategies will be just as important and I'm sure we'll follow best practices viewed worldwide. Might be very different.

I see Boris Johnson recovering well and praising the nurses and medical staff who got him through .

And Tim Taylor from the TV show the Goodess ,something we all watched as kids has passed away from Covid 19 ,,,sad news 

Latest from the Victorian jackboot cops. Fining people for laying flowers on their loved ones graves.They've stooped that low?

This has become a windfall for the state government coffers, and I bet theres not a damn thing they do about it when they're reaping the rewards. Assholes, the lot of them

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Latest from the Victorian jackboot cops. Fining people for laying flowers on their loved ones graves.They've stooped that low?

This has become a windfall for the state government coffers, and I bet theres not a damn thing they do about it when they're reaping the rewards. Assholes, the lot of them

Yeah, not quite.  A sensational headline “banned from visiting cemeteries” and “fined for laying flowers”, nonsense.  Read the story - noone has been fined for “laying flowers” rather for not adhering to distancing rules. And there is no ban.

Fines, if any have been issued as claimed, may be withdrawn if the law is found to have been adhered to.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/mourners-banned-from-visiting-melbourne-cemeteries-coronavirus/631b8f7a-27d1-41d4-864f-8b5feea51904

I read another story which is obviously just the media hyping it up again @DJM

I would challenge any fines, as I thought it usually has to be passed through the government channels to be voted in or out over time, so in effect it's not actually a written 'law'. Just because a cop hands you a fine doesn't mean you can't contest it to challenge its validity. And I'm not cop bashing here, as they're just doing their job, yet some do need to remove the jack boots they proudly wear

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I read another story which is obviously just the media hyping it up again @DJM

I would challenge any fines, as I thought it usually has to be passed through the government channels to be voted in or out over time, so in effect it's not actually a written 'law'. Just because a cop hands you a fine doesn't mean you can't contest it to challenge its validity. And I'm not cop bashing here, as they're just doing their job, yet some do need to remove the jack boots they proudly wear

I would have liked to visit my dad's grave on Saturday as it was my 50th. It is an age I decided I needed to make from a very young age as my dad died at 49 of a heart attack...

As it would be deemed non essential travel I didn't risk it!

1 hour ago, Dalai said:

I would have liked to visit my dad's grave on Saturday as it was my 50th. It is an age I decided I needed to make from a very young age as my dad died at 49 of a heart attack...

As it would be deemed non essential travel I didn't risk it!

Its awful that your father passed at such a young age, you can visit he's grave as long as you exercise social distancing guidelines.

I think this was further clarified yesterday in the media.

It would Vicpol have done a very average job of instructing the members on how to conduct themselves to date.