After a forum hiatus to get some of life's sh*t together, I thought I'd make a cameo appearance to let you all know about LuftWasser 2022.

As with LW2021, LW2022 is again being held in Albury-Wodonga. This time, from April 2-4 inclusive. In keeping with the Porsche heritage, LuftWasser is open to all models of Porsche sportscars. For that reason, we've chosen to not include Cayennes, Macans, Panameras, and now Taycans. There's also no non-Porsche daily drivers allowed.

The format for the weekend is as follows. 

FRIDAY NIGHT

For the people who arrive on Friday, a street party in Albury. There's plenty of street parking, and loads of places to catch up with old friends over a meal or a drink. Its also a great opportunity to meet up with other entrants that you may only know online. 

SATURDAY MORNING 

A cars and coffee type morning in Nouriel Park in Albury. There's a cafe that does great coffee, plus food and drink vendors. 

SATURDAY AFTERNOON 

Destination Unknown Drive - ~3½ hours of spirited driving, with a half way  regroup stop. Observing the speed limits of course. 

SATURDAY NIGHT 

3 course Gala dinner 

SUNDAY

Track day at Barnawatha Raceway.  You'll get 3 or 4 sessions of untimed track action in small groups of similar type cars. 

There will be alternatives for people who don't want to do the track day. 

SUNDAY NIGHT 

2 course group dinner 

MONDAY 

Drive to the winery in Beechworth for a sensational lunch.

Entries will open in a few weeks time via the online portal, where you'll be able to book and pay for everything in one transaction. We'll send out an email when the portal goes live.

If you didn't come to LuftWasser 2021, and would like to register your interest, please email us at luftwasseraustralia@gmail.com

https://luftwasseraustralia.wixsite.com/luftwasser

See you there. 

Luftwasser 2022 tee.png

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Great to hear from you @Stew F 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the 2021 event, hopefully I can get up there for 2022. Happy to help out if you need anything facilitated on here - don't hesitate to contact me. 

It was fantastic three days Hugh, I'll be there again, Stew did a fantastic job of organising, just hope there is enough room in the park for the expected increase in numbers - Hope you can make it.

19 hours ago, hugh said:

Great to hear from you @Stew F 

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it to the 2021 event, hopefully I can get up there for 2022. Happy to help out if you need anything facilitated on here - don't hesitate to contact me. 

Gidday Hugh. It was a really good weekend. Very relaxed and low key to a great extent.  Thanks for the offer. I'll keep everyone in the loop. We're close to opening up for entries. So close. 

Hope to see you there. 

• 1 month later...

Hi.all. A bit more about LuftWasser.  Entries are now open.  You can get your tickets here. So far, we've got about 120 cars entered.  Dinners are booking out pretty quickly, and the track day is starting to fill up. 

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/luftwasser-2022-tickets-226753304237

• 1 month later...

Entries close this Tuesday, March 15th. There's still a few tickets available for the Sunday night dinner, as well as track day spots and tickets for the Monday lunch at Weathercraft Wines in Beechworth. 

Porsche Centre Melbourne has kindly come on board and is sponsoring the track day by supplying lunch and refreshments for the registered participants. They're also sending 2 service techs up for the day to assist us with any car problems. Thanks PCM. 

Come along and join in the fun of the Friday night street party, Saturday morning cars and coffee, Saturday mega cruise to ..... ....., and more. 

Entries for LuftWasser 2022 have now closed. We've got nearly 170 cars coming. 

Saturday night dinner is fully booked (about a month ago), 50 cars for the track day, and Sunday night is nearly at capacity, as is the Monday lunch. 

Thanks to those who have entered. You're the ones who will make this event great.

1 hour ago, Stew F said:

Entries for LuftWasser 2022 have now closed. We've got nearly 170 cars coming. 

Saturday night dinner is fully booked (about a month ago), 50 cars for the track day, and Sunday night is nearly at capacity, as is the Monday lunch. 

Thanks to those who have entered. You're the ones who will make this event great.

Great work Stew..Luftwasser is a wonderful event, and a must for any self respecting Porsche enthusiast.

Have a ball.

Unfortunately we can’t join you this year….

Justin and Peta

8 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Are there any convoy groups already started / discords?

Something has been started, I even think there is a thread on PFA.

Short story is the Syd guys are meeting at 8am I think at the Bunnings car park at the Cross Roads meeting up with other groups and gaining in numbers along the way.

I will try and find the thread and send you a link.

There are 3 of us coming down from Port Macquarie on the Thursday and picking up the Syd guys in the southern highlands.

17 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/488336044693588/search/?q=all roads lead to luftwasser 2022

On 23/03/2022 at 12:37, Port 911 said:

The link doesn't work for me sorry.  Are you able to find the group that started it?

2 hours ago, CapnHyaku said:

Joinamafied just now.  Hope the admins are awake.

I've asked one of the administrators to approve your join request (I'm a moderator on there)

Admin replied. Seems you may have not answered the questions on there to gain approval? 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I've asked one of the administrators to approve your join request (I'm a moderator on there)

Admin replied. Seems you may have not answered the questions on there to gain approval? 

I absolutely did reply to the questions.  Very confusing!

I've tried to Join again and these are the answers I gave after the first spam-bot question:

Screenshot 2022-03-24 234118.png

It worked this time... weird.

I guess I got auto-rejected or something?  I have no idea how many spam-joins they would have to wade through each day, I've never run a group on fb.

12 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

I have no idea how many spam-joins they would have to wade through each day, I've never run a group on fb.

I can assure you, it is many every day! 

I contacted Ian (admin) and he was going to look out for you. Glad it worked

On 23/03/2022 at 11:27, CapnHyaku said:

(From Paul Ricketts) Sydney drivers, thinking about organizing a meetup at Costco Casula on Friday morning, departing at 7. This gets us to Mittagong at 8 to meet up with Rickie and the others. I’ll post a link to an event on this page so we can stay connected. Looking forward to this

(From Adam Bruce) I’ve got a meet lining up as well, probably meet at Bunnings crossroads, and get away for 9ish - we have some newcastle cars joining us. Feel free to join that one otherwise see you at sone point no doubt!

So it looks as if there could be two groups, sure they will all end up together at some point. Or at least I hope we do, as it was so much fun last year with the big group. 

•