Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Seems like a good deal, but for perspective......I bought my first home in 1990 - eastern suburbs of Melbourne, 4 bedrooms, in ground pool, was under $90k; that home is probably close to $1M now....

Yeh, but can you do burnouts in it? 

1996 bought by TT for 247k -- could have translated well into property ;)  , havent quite done the burnouts maybe I should 

I think the enthusiasts award probably goes to those that really do a shit load of cash in ownership…damn my cars probably bounced back to 247

I have done a few tyres though! 

Now I know we touched on the "madness" of paying $2.4m for number plates in another thread, and the following isn't a car for sale, but am I that out of touch with the price of "things"???? (p.s. ... tools not included) :wacko:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waitara/tool-storage-benches/snap-on-toolbox-white-epic-series-snap-on-cost-18k-sell-12k-ono/1158375802

Seems like a good deal, but for perspective......I bought my first home in 1990 - eastern suburbs of Melbourne, 4 bedrooms, in ground pool, was under $90k; that home is probably close to $1M now....

I bought a Porsche instead of a house as it's a lot cheaper :D

Although now I need to buy the house and this market still doesn't look like it's going to get any easier to get into as a first home buyer :unsure:

Good sleuthing guys 1989 it is. 

How about the 924 Martini pack, wonder where that is now.

Wonder if it's the one @Rod C has in the garage

Now I know we touched on the "madness" of paying $2.4m for number plates in another thread, and the following isn't a car for sale, but am I that out of touch with the price of "things"???? (p.s. ... tools not included) :wacko:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/waitara/tool-storage-benches/snap-on-toolbox-white-epic-series-snap-on-cost-18k-sell-12k-ono/1158375802

I have a couple of snap on tool boxes that are worth that. Once you put the tools in them i probably spent 200k.

Cars any? Or should be just start a no cars for sale thread? My suggestion is, offer 50% on anything you consider to be worth buying, attach a summary of our economy review as foundation for your offer and then report back what you have purchased. If you are called to negotiate, go up 10%.  Thats how you create traffic and get the market moving again.. stock will turn over, prices will be followed and fall to what is being paid..instead of the stalemate we of longtime stock and overpricing.

This used to be a good tactic deployed in the share market when I was at the bank, we would seed the change and create market.

This used to be a good tactic deployed in the share market when I was at the bank, we would seed the change and create market.

Back when you worked at Lehman brothers.....

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-4953240/?Cr=0

this car was mentioned a little earlier, even if its a L-R hack its still good value considering the extra motor and gearbox surely? Great looking car

I bought a Porsche instead of a house as it's a lot cheaper :D

Although now I need to buy the house and this market still doesn't look like it's going to get any easier to get into as a first home buyer :unsure:

Wonder if it's the one @Rod C has in the garage

I should dial the number and see if still connected .?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-4953240/?Cr=0

this car was mentioned a little earlier, even if its a L-R hack its still good value considering the extra motor and gearbox surely? Great looking car

It is bloody good value. Whats not to like, as its an original longhood in a great colour and seemingly in decent condition with spares for $120k?!  Surprised it isn't sold already

HaHa, I always laugh when I see a 911 turbo called a TT! It not as though they offer up a single turbo version of the same model :Chuckle2:

Ha ha.  Reckon you need to be a boost junky to understand.  Eg Turbo means singular to many (not everyone a car nut)  and I'm not into bi's . Had one of these B5 S4's and  a 996tt.  What do you drive, "996 turbo or b5 s4".  So only one turbo in those cars.  Nah  try x4.  996 TT or twin turbo b5 s4 is just more factual. when it comes to being more honest with you boost junky status.  Plus in this word of 140 character responses and TLCBFR, 996TT is a few characters shorter

b5_s4_engine_bay_front.thumb.jpg.dd5b658

Edited by smit2100

Ha ha.  Reckon you need to be a boost junky to understand.  Eg Turbo means singular to many (not everyone a car nut)  and I'm not into bi's . Had one of these B5 S4's and  a 996tt.  What do you drive, "996 turbo or b5 s4".  So only one turbo in those cars.  Nah  try x4.  996 TT or twin turbo b5 s4 is just more factual. when it comes to being more honest with you boost junky status.  Plus in this word of 140 character responses and TLCBFR, 996TT is a few characters shorter

996T is shorter again....:ph34r:

Is this a record short post from you, Smit?  Are you feeling OK?;)

996 TT = Targa Top :lol:

Cars any? Or should be just start a no cars for sale thread? My suggestion is, offer 50% on anything you consider to be worth buying, attach a summary of our economy review as foundation for your offer and then report back what you have purchased. If you are called to negotiate, go up 10%.  Thats how you create traffic and get the market moving again.. stock will turn over, prices will be followed and fall to what is being paid..instead of the stalemate we of longtime stock and overpricing.

Interesting stuff. So in the spirit of getting the market kick started I offer you $120k for the TT ?

@Fraz here is the car that you have been looking for.  If you're quick you can still make the SMT on 17 September

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/maylands/cars-vans-utes/2007-porsche-cayman-s-coupe/1141264214

Thought this is better value, https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-Cayman-2007/SSE-AD-4933809

Can't rush these things mate.