Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

16 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Add says:

EVEN PENSIONERS CAN AFFORD THIS ONE.

I reckon you would have to be a rich pensioner.

2 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Add says:

Well I have a Boxster for sale that can actually be driven now, for less than that.  Any pensioners out there looking for a Porsche??????

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Well I have a Boxster for sale that can actually be driven now, for less than that.  Any pensioners out there looking for a Porsche??????

You have a Boxster for less than $15k?

17 minutes ago, JLD said:

You have a Boxster for less than $15k?

Yep, 98 Tip black, matching no's as far as we know, but no service history, 115,000kms.  Priced accordingly at $13,500 with some bodywork to be fixed, less than that if we sell as is.....  Tassie fully opened up to you Victorians in another couple of weeks..........

19 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Add says:

I'M WAITING FOR MY FREE SET OF STEAK KNIVES

I will never understand the use of all caps in for sale listings.  Maybe it works a charm and I'm the fool for trying to use correct case and grammar.

Anyway, $15k for a pile of parts seems both expensive and affordable at the same time.  I doubt you could re-assemble the car for less than $60k, and that's assuming 'home built' levels of elbow grease.  Lots of missing parts and I bet all the right fasteners are AWOL.

8 hours ago, firstone said:

I'm kind of hoping jeff finds what killed it.

If you believe what you read on the net it seems like the m96 suffers oil starvation without a baffled sump during track work induced higher Gs?

That may be the case as Wakefield has a very long sustained right hand section, but I am surprised that would be an issue for a car with blown shocks and dodgy street tyres. I would suspect it more on a car with slicks pulling much higher g's in the corners.

10 hours ago, firstone said:

If you believe what you read on the net it seems like the m96 suffers oil starvation without a baffled sump during track work induced higher Gs?

Believe what you read on the net and a baffled sump won't help.  I know this from personal experience.  A 996, semi slicks and a race track is a bad combination.

14 hours ago, Spets87 said:

Never has a VIN been quoted so many times in an ad.

I dare you to call and request the “Sale Brochure” - I’m exhausted after reading the ad and Googling “Transiberia” 48 times as instructed, can’t imagine what’s is the brochure 😂

his strategy appears to be $1 per word

3 hours ago, DJM said:

Never has a VIN been quoted so many times in an ad.

I dare you to call and request the “Sale Brochure” - I’m exhausted after reading the ad and Googling “Transiberia” 48 times as instructed, can’t imagine what’s is the brochure 😂

his strategy appears to be $1 per word

Like you,  Im very drawn to the ad.

It’s. informative, comedic,  irreverent and yet avoids condescension, even though it’s asked 48 times, to look, look, look ...

I even went and googled the ‘drive tribe ‘ diatribe and was amazed that Australia with its rugged interiors and expanse, hadn’t taken all but two of these limited edition be-stickered behemoths 

to think if the Trans Siberian hadn’t  been an economic belly flop, perhaps in 10 or 20 years more, it would have been almost a minor oversight as perhaps the Ltd Edition presents. 

the only thing here missing and remiss of the author was not too connect PORSCHE motorsport DNA with this desert camel ... think of the 924 Rallye cars that banged around oz, the Martini et al.

After reading pounds of turbid text ... Can anyone verify if the Transiberia also came with pace notes and signed drivers gloves with palm inserts of alcantara to match seat trim? 

29 minutes ago, 1st said:

What’s being missed about the Transiberia  in his ad is that ... it was for sale 12 months or so ago for .... $55k*

I enquired with the then seller and with Porsche 

*who wants to hand him a $130k profit ? 

Is this the biggest epic FLIP in the history of Car Sales?????

34 minutes ago, 1st said:

What’s being missed about the Transiberia  in his ad is that ... it was for sale 12 months or so ago for .... $55k*

I enquired with the then seller and with Porsche 

*who wants to hand him a $130k profit ? 

Just use the Fitzy car as a deposit Stew 😁