Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 minutes ago, Proud Member said:

The earlier 3.2s are lighter and more spritely. It’s quite noticeable. 
$115k for a Australian delivered G50coupe  is ok value in current market of high demand and low supply 

Thanks Proud member. Makes sense after reading the figures. I'd definitely prefer an earlier model, but if this checks out, I might just go for it pending no issues in the PPI. 

5 minutes ago, Turra said:

@Wangan I will be very interested to hear what others here say. An '88 Oz delivered with receipts for gearbox and engine rebuild for $115k seems very reasonable. Be prepared to pay another $20k for other things that might be required and if thats within your budget, you'd best get your wallet out. If I saw an '88 that drives well and has history for $115k it would be in my garage. The G50 might make it feel different but others here would be better placed to answer the sluggish issue. I have a Steve Wong chip that might fit straight into it for $500 if you want it.

That's my concern. If it's going to require another $20,000 I'll happily pass on the details to you and you can purchase. At $140,000 it's a big stretch for me on a 3.2, which will eventually need brakes and suspension done at some point too. Would prefer to look at a 996 GT3. 

It definitely drives well and the G50 is a much easier gearbox to operate, but it just feels nowhere near as quick as my earlier model and the 915 feels a bit more raw (which I prefer), if that makes sense. 

If anyone is considering selling an earlier model, please get in touch. 

50 minutes ago, generalsmirnov said:

Thoughts on any credibility to this? Any originality looks to be very deeply buried:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6976311

I remember it last sold maybe 3 years ago?

Check with your state rego requirements. For example, WA allows rego with a police applied vin, whereas nsw will not. 

16 minutes ago, Turra said:

@Wangan I will be very interested to hear what others here say. An '88 Oz delivered with receipts for gearbox and engine rebuild for $115k seems very reasonable. Be prepared to pay another $20k for other things that might be required and if thats within your budget, you'd best get your wallet out. If I saw an '88 that drives well and has history for $115k it would be in my garage. The G50 might make it feel different but others here would be better placed to answer the sluggish issue. I have a Steve Wong chip that might fit straight into it for $500 if you want it.

@wangan I had a pristine Aussie 88 years ago, it was also sluggish as you say.  Combo of unleaded fuel and increased weight due to leather electric chairs etc.  Still, $115 is good buying for an Aussie G50 coupe in good condition. 

3 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

Check with your state rego requirements. For example, WA allows rego with a police applied vin, whereas nsw will not. 

@wangan I had a pristine Aussie 88 years ago, it was also sluggish as you say.  Combo of unleaded fuel and increased weight due to leather electric chairs etc.  Still, $115 is good buying for an Aussie G50 coupe in good condition. 

Thanks OBRUT. 

That's right. Unleaded and also the electric seats, I didn't even think of that. 

Im starting to get second thoughts now... Might just be worth waiting for exactly what I'm after.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their feedback and advice!

I ended up purchasing my second 911 earlier today. The PPI came back this morning with some issues, but the seller was happy to adjust the price to factor these in. After a bit of back and forth the seller and I agreed to a price and I'll be driving it home early next week. 

Looking forward to seeing some of you in the future. 

4 hours ago, Jim45 said:

Is this the 944 that was for sale here earlier this year?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1990-porsche-944-s2-manual/SSE-AD-6954534/?Cr=7

Sure it was about half the price.

Looks like this car which was originally for sale at 75k and ended up dropping to $39k.  The whole build thread is on PFA.  It sold in April presumably around that price.  The Achilles heel was no AC.  The new ad says climate control AC but I suspect that’s Carsales gumph.  Caveat emptor.  Great looking car though.

6 minutes ago, wangan said:

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all their feedback and advice!

I ended up purchasing my second 911 earlier today. The PPI came back this morning with some issues, but the seller was happy to adjust the price to factor these in. After a bit of back and forth the seller and I agreed to a price and I'll be driving it home early next week. 

Looking forward to seeing some of you in the future. 

Well done! Happy days. Venetian blue is fab

42 minutes ago, DJM said:

Looks like this car which was originally for sale at 75k and ended up dropping to $39k.  The whole build thread is on PFA.  It sold in April presumably around that price.  The Achilles heel was no AC.  The new ad says climate control AC but I suspect that’s Carsales gumph.  Caveat emptor.  Great looking car though.

Agree 100% - looks great - bet it goes well.

38 minutes ago, Fishcop said:

Air conditioning is critical in a car with a giant glass back end such as the 24/44 series.   Working A/C is a non negotiable for the asking price especially being a black car in the Australian climate.

Agree.  I was seriously tempted at 39k to have some fun but no AC was a deal breaker.  I bought an E30 S54 powered instead.  And then decided old modified cars are in my past and should stay there......😬

997 Cup $99k.  These things look cheaper and cheaper as road reg GT3s continue to climb in value

https://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/id/22828

3 hours ago, Zelrik911 said:

Looks good BUT -  Chevrolet LS1 power running to a 915 transaxle Porsche gearbox ?????

I think I would too scared to drive it. A timebomb worse than the Boxster/996 IMS  fear of total engine failure.

The guy who owned it did a stellar job on this car and the gearbox was uprated from memory.

1 hour ago, rafikdous said:

On 29/12/2020 at 11:39, generalsmirnov said:

Thoughts on any credibility to this? Any originality looks to be very deeply buried:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6976311

I remember it last sold maybe 3 years ago?

Yes, talked about in the previous page.

I am kind of intrigued by the mongrel that it is, but I would not want to be the guy standing in line at VicRoads with an unidentifiable VIN