Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yes, it's too much.

Backdating a forward dated car will not be cheap if you have a shop do it. Then if you think the car ''Runs like a dream" you can probably expect it doesn't, and it will cost another $30-50k to fix it.

My uneducated guesstimate on price being a forward dated LHD import that has sat in (by the looks) a real barn covered in crap, and probably has rust somewhere would be anywhere between $30-50k. You can expect another $100k to get it back to original, then it might be worth $200k. At the moment without knowing the facts about the car or have an expert look at it, it would take a brave buyer to take a chance and drop even $100k on it.

Saying that, the seller has a HUUUUGE price on it because he probably says "Knows what I have" and it will stay in that shanty/shed/ barn until someone is foolhardy enough to drop some serious coin and buy it.

Here ya go, first time offered. If you, or anyone else would pay $130k for that, I'll offer to sell you/anyone my backdated factory RHD Hong Kong import 1978 SC right now for $120k. It's not perfect, but its rego'd, drives very well and a helluva lot better than this thing! Bugger it,...pay $125 and I'll have the paint and minimal bodywork required done, and even throw in a second set of rims! 

20190618-231813.jpg

Are you buying a 996 now ?

8 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Yes, it's too much.

Backdating a forward dated car will not be cheap if you have a shop do it. Then if you think the car ''Runs like a dream" you can probably expect it doesn't, and it will cost another $30-50k to fix it.

My uneducated guesstimate on price being a forward dated LHD import that has sat in (by the looks) a real barn covered in crap, and probably has rust somewhere would be anywhere between $30-50k. You can expect another $100k to get it back to original, then it might be worth $200k. At the moment without knowing the facts about the car or have an expert look at it, it would take a brave buyer to take a chance and drop even $100k on it.

Saying that, the seller has a HUUUUGE price on it because he probably says "Knows what I have" and it will stay in that shanty/shed/ barn until someone is foolhardy enough to drop some serious coin and buy it.

Here ya go, first time offered. If you, or anyone else would pay $130k for that, I'll offer to sell you/anyone my backdated factory RHD Hong Kong import 1978 SC right now for $120k. It's not perfect, but its rego'd, drives very well and a helluva lot better than this thing! Bugger it,...pay $125 and I'll have the paint and minimal bodywork required done, and even throw in a second set of rims! 

20190618-231813.jpg

(at anyone: this is not a sale ad, it's just a bit of a laugh...unless you're prepared to part with $120k for it of course 😁)

Nice little rant there Lee .. but you’ve got your cars mixed up!

@rminc was asking about the white ‘84 coupe listed at $160k .. 

Get with the program and keep up, me thinks ... :Chuckle2:

2 minutes ago, Dreamr said:

Nice little rant there Lee .. but you’ve got your cars mixed up!

@rminc was asking about the white ‘84 coupe listed at $160k .. 

Get with the program and keep up, me thinks ... :Chuckle2:

Oh! Oops 🙄

I'll leave my rant up for a while to show my stupidity for all to see 

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Oh! Oops 🙄

I'll leave my rant up for a while to show my stupidity for all to see 

Wrong car haha. $165k is definitely way too much and it's time on the market reflects that. 

Just trying to see what market value for it would be. My guess would be $130k if it's as clean as stated. Very low kms and original paint apparently. 

On 07/01/2021 at 22:05, michel said:

Are you buying a 996 now ?

On 07/01/2021 at 22:02, LeeM said:

Yes, it's too much.

20190618-231813.jpg

(at anyone: this is not a sale ad, it's just a bit of a laugh...unless you're prepared to part with $120k for it of course 😁)

Can I see more pictures of this backdated beauty??

On 07/01/2021 at 22:02, LeeM said:

Yes, it's too much.

20190618-231813.jpg

That's a great looking car Lee.

On 10/01/2021 at 08:17, TDW911 said:

Cool colour, manual, C2, black interior, Australian delivered. What else would you want - perfect combo. It went within an hour I was told.

Nice.  Reasonable buying if you ask me.

on the ad thoigh ‘becoming quite rare’

Err, not many 993s getting taken off the road, think their rarity is the same as ever.

Ive never seen a ratty neglected 993.