Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, JLD said:

That car doesn’t seem right. It has US headlights for a start..... 

The details of this car have been debated to death on FB.  It’s most likely Aust delivery, probably via tourist delivery. Another possibility is it’s PNG delivered.  The consensus view is that it is at least a factory RHD 68S. 

4 hours ago, OBRUT said:

The details of this car have been debated to death on FB.  It’s most likely Aust delivery, probably via tourist delivery. Another possibility is it’s PNG delivered.  The consensus view is that it is at least a factory RHD 68S. 

Agreed and can confirm there was a 911 delivered to Bougainville back in the day 

and more than one oz delivered car sported these lights 

9 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

Great photos too... should sell in a heart beat 🤣

3 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Good looking 1977 911S for $79,000 (import). Has had Lh to Rh conversion, but still like it. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-porsche-911-s-manual/SSE-AD-6963364/?Cr=0

Now that’s a pretty car 👌

I actually rang him when he first had it listed (by his employee) and told him the description was quite wrong. He has since changed it but is simply fishing. It was sold last year (to him) at $220k and he has been selling a few of his cars at above market price. A W427 HSV for ~$200k? Or something. Just fishing and not worth oxygen here.

57 minutes ago, Turra said:

I actually rang him when he first had it listed (by his employee) and told him the description was quite wrong. He has since changed it but is simply fishing. It was sold last year (to him) at $220k and he has been selling a few of his cars at above market price. A W427 HSV for ~$200k? Or something. Just fishing and not worth oxygen here.

He surely is relying on the old adage...

"a fool and their money are easily parted"

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/12/2020 at 18:04, Turra said:

I can't believe he actually paid $220k for that. It makes me feel better about mine, because that car is purely a cosmetic resto. Nothing touched on the mechanical side (the really expensive part).

5 minutes ago, Turra said:

Engine has been fully rebuilt. The car is perfect. $220k was reasonable I reckon.

Nice that it is seen as being worth that, as my engine is much more special and would annihilate a fresh rebuilt 3.2 (it also cost a lot more than a rebuilt 3.2 though). My car is very well sorted, not that I intend to sell, and mine is a converted car that is obviously for a more individual taste. I am sure most of us want to consider what our cars are worth, I know I am interested in what value I have built into mine.

1 hour ago, MFX said:

Nice that it is seen as being worth that, as my engine is much more special and would annihilate a fresh rebuilt 3.2 (it also cost a lot more than a rebuilt 3.2 though). My car is very well sorted, not that I intend to sell, and mine is a converted car that is obviously for a more individual taste. I am sure most of us want to consider what our cars are worth, I know I am interested in what value I have built into mine.

You mean more sophisticated taste🙂

Hi all, 

Just after some feedback. 

I've been offered a original Australian delivered coupe - 1988 Venetian Blue 911 3.2. The car has 203,000kms. The engine was rebuilt less than 10,000kms ago with receipts and the gearbox was rebuilt 35,000kms ago. I inspected the car today and I'm very happy with it. I'm still considering the purchase and am going to get a PPI done tomorrow, if all goes well. 

The owner is chasing $115,000. This is the top end of what I wanted to spend and ideally I was after an earlier model with the higher output motor, as I've previously owned one, but I do like the colour alot. I'm expecting the PPI to come back with a few things as they normally do, but providing there are no oil leaks or major problems is that a reasonable price to pay? 

Also the car does feel quite a bit sluggish compared to my previous 915 car. Is that something that is common with the later model cars? 

Advertised as a '73, but is a forward dated '68 with unidentifiable chassis numbers? That's an interesting scenario to be faced with as a buyer

22 minutes ago, generalsmirnov said:

Thoughts on any credibility to this? Any originality looks to be very deeply buried:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-carrera-manual/SSE-AD-6976311

I remember it last sold maybe 3 years ago?

2 minutes ago, wangan said:

providing there are no oil leaks or major problems is that a reasonable price to pay? 

Also the car does feel quite a bit sluggish compared to my previous 915 car. Is that something that is common with the later model cars? 

No expert at all, and I've only driven two 3.2's, yet I've found the 3.2 to be more top endy and lack the bottom end grunt my '78 3.0 has.

If its in good nick and checks out, then it's probably on the money

6 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Advertised as a '73, but is a forward dated '68 with unidentifiable chassis numbers? That's an interesting scenario to be faced with as a buyer

No expert at all, and I've only driven two 3.2's, yet I've found the 3.2 to be more top endy and lack the bottom end grunt my '78 3.0 has.

If its in good nick and checks out, then it's probably on the money

Not so much a comparison between a 3.0 and a 3.2, more between earlier and late model 3.2. I think in 87 they got the G50 gear box and the power output was reduced from what I've read. 

Just feels as though, it's not as responsive. Trying to understand if it's the car itself or the model. The car feels very tight and is tidy, just not as responsive. 

9 minutes ago, wangan said:

Hi all, 

Just after some feedback. 

I've been offered a original Australian delivered coupe - 1988 Venetian Blue 911 3.2. The car has 203,000kms. The engine was rebuilt less than 10,000kms ago with receipts and the gearbox was rebuilt 35,000kms ago. I inspected the car today and I'm very happy with it. I'm still considering the purchase and am going to get a PPI done tomorrow, if all goes well. 

The owner is chasing $115,000. This is the top end of what I wanted to spend and ideally I was after an earlier model with the higher output motor, as I've previously owned one, but I do like the colour alot. I'm expecting the PPI to come back with a few things as they normally do, but providing there are no oil leaks or major problems is that a reasonable price to pay? 

The earlier 3.2s are lighter and more spritely. It’s quite noticeable. 
$115k for a Australian delivered G50coupe  is ok value in current market of high demand and low supply 

@Wangan I will be very interested to hear what others here say. An '88 Oz delivered with receipts for gearbox and engine rebuild for $115k seems very reasonable. Be prepared to pay another $20k for other things that might be required and if thats within your budget, you'd best get your wallet out. If I saw an '88 that drives well and has history for $115k it would be in my garage. The G50 might make it feel different but others here would be better placed to answer the sluggish issue. I have a Steve Wong chip that might fit straight into it for $500 if you want it.