Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

3 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

$90k for an import LHD to RHD conversion. 2.2 911E. Guess that answers a bit around the import discount.  Personally I think it’s a good buy at $90k! 

74529F98-8FB3-4824-8B2C-7F622D7B7A0C.png

I would agree .. unless it’s a turd conversion 

did anyone  ever look at this ?

BTW I like French cricket on a warm beach over Xmas hols . Anyone else?

1 hour ago, michel said:

I would agree .. unless it’s a turd conversion 

did anyone  ever look at this ?

BTW I like French cricket on a warm beach over Xmas hols . Anyone else?

A mate of mine inspected it - declared it “rough” and didn’t bid. 

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

On Facebook Classic Porsche Australia page. Sorted Aussie Targa

Screenshot-20210105-183040-Samsung-Inter

Should I be concerned about anything? 

image.png.2c3882066e0806da416b7a4a28f5db20.png

I looked at this Lee and the other Targa I looked at was this one

image.thumb.png.29965d8c30d6b67fb4821b3f8ae42edd.png

So when I saw the 47k pound targa in the UK I thought its probably in the ball park of the one you posted once landed, it looks as clean as the 189K unit so even at 20% discount to the local Aus delivery car im ahead by a lot (sorry been listening to Trump to much my vocab is going down the drain)

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C978519

Do I have doubts yeah i do but it would be hard to not consider the UK car as its presented in the ad. Might be snake oil salesmen but for me its worth a look even to tyre kick it. Not concerned about the reduced perceived value more concerned about the quality of the product overall

9 hours ago, Turra said:

Haha!, thanks @KGB

I don't mean to be rude, but am considered fairly "cut-through" by some people.

Most of us with more than 1 are pretty direct or we wouldn’t have found ourselves with the means!

Lots of intelligent opinions and experience to be enjoyed here, including a great bunch of left field thinkers.

Drink it up and relax, it’s a great hobby, remember.  You’re amongst friends if you so choose.

2 hours ago, James P said:

Had it been an unmolested 68S with the right engine and a 25% discount he might be close...  1968 was the year the USA didn't get an 'S' car, so ROW S cars are relatively scarce and highly sought after.  This is a turd. 

7 minutes ago, rminc said:

Has anyone seen this car? 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-porsche-911-carrera-manual-my84/SSE-AD-6629482

It's been for sale for a long time. I'll be in QLD next week, thinking of taking a look. Is a $130,000 a reasonable price? 

Do like the colour combo, that looks good!  Good luck with inspection

4 hours ago, rminc said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1983-porsche-911-carrera-manual-my84/SSE-AD-6629482

It's been for sale for a long time. I'll be in QLD next week, thinking of taking a look. Is a $130,000 a reasonable price? 

I went to negotiate on this one a long time ago. They would t budge on price then. Maybe something has changed. 

4 hours ago, rminc said:

I tried to negotiate this before buying my car.  He would not budge with his price. I would be surprised if he did now (unless you spoke to him), given a mate spoke to him recently. He was priced high to start with, but having said that now seems to be in line with the covid market. 

On another note,

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1976-porsche-911-alpine-white/

Nice example of a 2.7 with that tartan!

2 hours ago, Nikos said:

Likewise I contacted the seller and was advised price was firm as he wasn’t desperate to sell and would only let it go for the asking price.

Good Luck 

2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I went to negotiate on this one a long time ago. They would t budge on price then. Maybe something has changed. 

Thanks for the feedback guys. What would you say is a fair price for it? Is $130k too much? 

53 minutes ago, rminc said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. What would you say is a fair price for it? Is $130k too much? 

Yes, it's too much.

Backdating a forward dated car will not be cheap if you have a shop do it. Then if you think the car ''Runs like a dream" you can probably expect it doesn't, and it will cost another $30-50k to fix it.

My uneducated guesstimate on price being a forward dated LHD import that has sat in (by the looks) a real barn covered in crap, and probably has rust somewhere would be anywhere between $30-50k. You can expect another $100k to get it back to original, then it might be worth $200k. At the moment without knowing the facts about the car or have an expert look at it, it would take a brave buyer to take a chance and drop even $100k on it.

Saying that, the seller has a HUUUUGE price on it because he probably says "Knows what I have" and it will stay in that shanty/shed/ barn until someone is foolhardy enough to drop some serious coin and buy it.

Here ya go, first time offered. If you, or anyone else would pay $130k for that, I'll offer to sell you/anyone my backdated factory RHD Hong Kong import 1978 SC right now for $120k. It's not perfect, but its rego'd, drives very well and a helluva lot better than this thing! Bugger it,...pay $125 and I'll have the paint and minimal bodywork required done, and even throw in a second set of rims! 

20190618-231813.jpg

(at anyone: this is not a sale ad, it's just a bit of a laugh...unless you're prepared to part with $120k for it of course 😁)