Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yeah, went to a track day last year in my 20 year old car, and all the new Bimmers etc were running out of brakes after 3 or 4 laps of Symmons Plains, yet I could just stay out circulating in basically the same times for 10 or so laps with no brake fade at all..........

Very common occurrence at the NSW Porsche bmw track day

On 23/05/2021 at 10:30, tomo said:

passed in at $82000

On 14/05/2021 at 21:18, Thommo66 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-manual/SSE-AD-7200266/?Cr=0

My intent is not to offend any forum members if this is your P but I feel like the market has gone nuts when I see this 993 Ad.   It's got >260k on the clock and it's an earlier '95 993 - not the more appealing '96/97 models with the variocam.   No doubt it's a lovely 993 specimen and well looked after/serviced but ! ....  you would expect to see this for ~ 90-100k only 2yrs ago with this sort of mileage.   For 190k you would expect to be able to buy the top of the range 993 CS4 manual with <100k's.   I guess we are all in the same boat now if flipping but we are all paying more $$ sure ! 

$190k for that car? 

yes, if it was a Carrera S but for a non varioram carrera?!

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

$150ish I think

Yes .. 157,500 as advertised.  I looked at it when it was mentioned 2 days ago and didn't get around to making contact with the owner with too much on.  Looked like a very clean car with great PFA forum member knowledge on history.   Snooze you lose at the moment ! 

1 hour ago, Thommo66 said:

10 on carsales including this '95 C2 tip .... a whisker from 200k's on the clock and asking $179k ... Wow !  these were ~95-100K only 18months ago.  

Gordon Gekko lives on !! 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-7235266/?Cr=1

I think he meant an S

13 hours ago, hugh said:

^^^ nailed it. I didn't have high expectations but I was still surprised at how underwhelmed I was. Nice cars, but nothing "sporty" about them though (farty noises and red stitching aside). 

Pretty much my thoughts on our GLC43 been 3 years just not enjoying it, feels like any other merc, must be the red stitching 😂 Flicked it for an SQ5, better tech and cheaper entry.....

Checkout this 930.  Looks awesome ... but heavily modified and also imported which is obviously reflected in price.  Makes me very curious as to what it would be like to drive relative to the same model but fully authentic.  ie. if one was less interested in the investment side of the equation and more for the pure driving experience and ownership.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-930-turbo-manual/SSE-AD-7034822/?Cr=5

1 hour ago, Thommo66 said:

Checkout this 930.  Looks awesome ... but heavily modified and also imported which is obviously reflected in price.  Makes me very curious as to what it would be like to drive relative to the same model but fully authentic.  ie. if one was less interested in the investment side of the equation and more for the pure driving experience and ownership.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1982-porsche-930-turbo-manual/SSE-AD-7034822/?Cr=5

I was drawn in by this car when I first saw the listing. It's tough and I Love the look. 

Not sure about living with a LHD for our roads. I think I would grow tired of that. 

9 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I was drawn in by this car when I first saw the listing. It's tough and I Love the look. 

Not sure about living with a LHD for our roads. I think I would grow tired of that. 

Having driven a Turbo with a similar 450-500hp, I can assure you it is completely bonkers in an old car! You either like LHD or you don't. I couldn't live with it after only driving my 912 twice since restoring it

Just now, Turra said:

Real issue for me was 4 speed and turbo lag. 5 speed essential

The one I drove (first turbo I'd ever driven) had ZERO lag and pulled like a train from 3000 all the way to 7000. I didn't have the balls to go any faster, as it was wheel spinning in 3rd and still going forwards at an angle at a very rapid rate! Boost is highly addictive thats for sure

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

The one I drove (first turbo I'd ever driven) had ZERO lag and pulled like a train from 3000 all the way to 7000. I didn't have the balls to go any faster, as it was wheel spinning in 3rd and still going forwards at an angle at a very rapid rate! Boost is highly addictive thats for sure

I’ll take you for a fang in the Kremer next time you’re in Sydney town Lee. Fun. 

5 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

I’ll take you for a fang in the Kremer next time you’re in Sydney town Lee. Fun. 

Not sure I can say I look forward to that mate, but I'm game...I think 😁

Yep, fun in Sydney freeways and maybe tracks but my driving is mainly uphill, tight, twisty and consistent. I think the standard 930 4 speed setup is great for loud and obnoxious but pretty damn crappy for actual driving (not pleasure) practicality. Each to their own. My 930 had a bigger turbo and blew flames 3 feet when backing off in 2nd and 3rd and probably 4th and made me piss myself laughing with joy. I (my fault) couldn’t get it up Macquarie Pass any quicker than my 3.2 I don’t reckon. Best to have one of each perhaps ?