Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The last decent Aussie 2.7 narrow body I know of sold for under $100k coupla months ago off market. This one is a very nice looking car no doubt, yet $169k is drug money, so if they get even close to it, that raises the bar yet again for everything else

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

The last decent Aussie 2.7 narrow body I know of sold for under $100k coupla months ago off market. This one is a very nice looking car no doubt, yet $169k is drug money, so if they get even close to it, that raises the bar yet again for everything else

With 3.2s selling in less than a day for $170k. I think the bar has been set again. 

Good luck finding a decent one for less than $150k. If you're after an Aussie delivered low kms sort after spec, you're looking at $185k plus. 

I honestly think the Japanese and Holden car price hike has attributed greatly to the P car rise. 5 years ago for example you could purchase an NSX $80k. Now you're looking at around $150k.  Now at $150k for an NSX and $120k for an RX7, SC's and 3.2's are a bargain and I know a few people who have cashed in on Japanese classics to purchase P cars. As a result, I think prices are adjusting accordingly. I have no doubt that by the end of the year $200k upwards will be reasonable money for average 3.2s and SC's won't be far behind that. 

Just my 2 cents though. 

18 hours ago, LeeM said:

Might this one be better value?  It is a Sporto, but having had a Sporto before - I'm not put off.   https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1974-porsche-911-manual/OAG-AD-19815111

21 hours ago, LeeM said:

Saw a LHD 76 that was good but not great at a mates panel shop having some small items attended to as part of the sale, the owner sold it off market for circa $130k 😳 to me that was a 80-90 k car last year.

'76 Targa, i have a U.S import RHD Targa for sale. I lack the tech skills to upload pics here, during my custodianship there has been a considerable amount of work completed to make this car a truly drivers car.This car is a 2.7 and has surprised many with its performance, reco gearbox matched to a strong engine provides a visceral driving experience. Paint presents really well. Ideal entry into the A/C market.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Saw a LHD 76 that was good but not great at a mates panel shop having some small items attended to as part of the sale, the owner sold it off market for circa $130k 😳 to me that was a 80-90 k car last year.

For a lefty? Jeebus 😲 

@Adrenalin62 send me a decent pic or two to my phone and I'll upload them

0407 942 151

12 hours ago, Fishcop said:

Might this one be better value?  It is a Sporto, but having had a Sporto before - I'm not put off.   https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1974-porsche-911-manual/OAG-AD-19815111

That is a really neat looking car, but the driving gloves on the seat......🙄

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Gawd, weren't they a profitable exercise by Ford! On par with the Leyland P76 that one 🤮

Taurus was a massive seller in the USA.  They shovelled a few down under to see if they could swap out the falcon.  Nope.  The Taurus sho was the us ‘muscle’ version before they started building proper muscle cars again.

I always picked first gen vipers as a future winner, nothing like it since or ever again.

2 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

Been tracking this one for few weeks. It was originally listed at $88k. Now the seller increased his asking price to $94k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-7076651/?Cr=0

That's the Perth one that has been written off and was pretty ratty. Owned by a nurse and sold cheap due to rust issues from memory

23 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

Been tracking this one for few weeks. It was originally listed at $88k. Now the seller increased his asking price to $94k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1995-porsche-911-carrera-993-auto/SSE-AD-7076651/?Cr=0

It's only a stone throw from me, so I've been tempted to take a look, but frankly it puts me off when they play the price yo-yo game... 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

It's only a stone throw from me, so I've been tempted to take a look, but frankly it puts me off when they play the price yo-yo game... 

From memory he paid about $45k for it on Gumtree

3 hours ago, reggiegums said:

From memory, less.

Somehow I recall $36k, but just vaguely. 

Either way, whatever it sold for back then (1 year plus?) is irrelevant now. The market has shifted, and it's value is considerably more today.