Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Been driving my LHD a lot.  Totally used to it, no issues at all.  The ever present downer of speed cameras is a much bugger downer than what side of the car you sit on.  Easy to place the car on tight roads.

I even do the get out and run around at the office carpark.  Then the le mans start to get through before the gate goes down again. No big deal all part of the masochism of driving an old, loud and inappropriate vehicle. 

one or two goes at it not enough to feel comfortable.  Don’t be scared peoples you might end up liking it. 

BTW while you weren’t paying attention Qld dropped the min age for LHD to 25 years, meaning every single air cooled Porsche can be imported and driven LHD in QLD.  Even the 993s.  So if the thought of a 993 you can actually buy is appealing start trolling the international sites.

What’s this all about, Porsche trying to lockup the used P car market and keep prices out of the public domain?  I like the FAQ answer below, clearly NOT a negotiation 😂.  

https://premium.goauto.com.au/porsche-quick-sale-app/?fbclid=IwAR3pfBAsQ-p_7CIoqrHYFWtWuBy-dY3MIzHv8kD_A854udyGkNLuDaY74Bs

EEDC20ED-AF5E-4D60-959D-7A96A1D30778.png

On 02/06/2021 at 07:38, LeeM said:

One way to say "Go buy a Kia" I s'pose 😁

On 02/06/2021 at 06:41, DJM said:

What’s this all about, Porsche trying to lockup the used P car market and keep prices out of the public domain?  I like the FAQ answer below, clearly NOT a negotiation 😂.  

https://premium.goauto.com.au/porsche-quick-sale-app/?fbclid=IwAR3pfBAsQ-p_7CIoqrHYFWtWuBy-dY3MIzHv8kD_A854udyGkNLuDaY74Bs

EEDC20ED-AF5E-4D60-959D-7A96A1D30778.png

I think they recognise that using dealerships is a dated model in a lot of ways, as proven by Tesla, and are looking to innovate with new apps etc. Presumably this one allows them to bring in some revenue to their dealerships for ppi inspections while simplifying the purchasing process for buyers. On the face of it seems like a nice idea. 

As for sale prices, I'd love to get insight into that. For me, the best I can do is monitor what actually disappears from carsales, v.s. what stays listed for months if not years. Owners of like models, including owners speculating on  "the next future classic" can hype listings all they like - all fair game - but if a given car isn't moving, it's overpriced. 

19 minutes ago, edgy said:

Cos what's better than one fully caged sports cars in your life? Two! 😁

It's still a hatchback Kurt .... sophisticated and capable shopping hauler for the family that has some scaffolding to tether the heavier bags to so they don't roll around.

If you think she won't allow you, here's another approach.....float the idea of buying a 'normal' 968 - enter stage right is me with mine.  You get her all excited and she says 'yes'. Soft compliant ride, auto mode for the city drives and manual mode for the weekend.  She laps it up and gets really caught up.  You keep the excitement alive but at last minute I decide against it.  You cast about to find another.....you happen to come across this one and while "it isn't quite what you had in mind", you could be tempted.  With a bit of urging and a little fake oscillating by you, she relents...... the 968 CS is yours.

You have a window of 3-5 days.

It's all in the sales pitch 🙂

16 hours ago, luzzo said:

I have grown a bit of a soft spot for the slant noses, but is that very odd centre console original on them?

2 hours ago, MFX said:

I have grown a bit of a soft spot for the slant noses, but is that very odd centre console original on them?

That centre console is original to that car. They were all basically custom orders so details vary a bit. 

ps. I’m still planning to scratch that itch. 

6 hours ago, luzzo said:

Meh... standard Alex Holland approach. 

9 hours ago, Turra said:

Mmmmm, not sure if the dealer’s photos and description would get me to take a look at this one. Thoughts?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1976-porsche-911-manual/OAG-AD-19880128

That’s a lot of money for a 2.7 I personally don’t see the value, and if that’s a baseline then I’ll probably never own an aircooled 

15 minutes ago, JLD said:

That’s a lot of money for a 2.7 I personally don’t see the value, and if that’s a baseline then I’ll probably never own an aircooled 

Looks like a very well kept car.  You can buy into the 2.7 world for probably half that and have just as much (if not more) fun.

2 hours ago, Coastr said:

Looks like a very well kept car.  You can buy into the 2.7 world for probably half that and have just as much (if not more) fun.

Show me an Aussie delivered, non sunroof coupe for $85k.  Yes, it is way overpriced but still worth we’ll over 100k in this market

3 hours ago, TDW911 said:

Show me an Aussie delivered, non sunroof coupe for $85k.  Yes, it is way overpriced but still worth we’ll over 100k in this market

Maybe you can’t find that exact car but you can find a 2.7 for $85k.  Not knocking this car just encouraging people not to give up.