Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 24/02/2022 at 21:48, reedminor said:

Love it, but I think this was for sale for some time in the Uk..

Not sure if it sold or if it was exported to the colonies instead?

No sale in the UK Last bid was 107500 pounds last year! Guessing the colour may pull it up 

19 minutes ago, the_sovereign_man said:

Looks like it may have had a front end incident, or at the very least it's been resprayed. Colour looks off and the gap looks suspicious left to right. 

Just had a report back from someone who has looked at it.  IMS not done & non-standard exhaust that has quite a drone.......

If anyone is interested, I could probably inspect it on Friday as I will be in Hobart that day.

8 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1974-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-12453344

Nice looking car with a few goodies such as ITB’s. I’d change a few things but it seems to be well priced, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Looks good and in today's market price seems fair 

On 24/02/2022 at 21:48, reedminor said:

Love it, but I think this was for sale for some time in the Uk..

Not sure if it sold or if it was exported to the colonies instead?

It was sold with a 964 by Harris Classics last year, to a buyer in Oz. From memory it was listed at £145k.

9 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1974-porsche-911-manual/SSE-AD-12453344

Nice looking car with a few goodies such as ITB’s. I’d change a few things but it seems to be well priced, what’s everyone’s thoughts?

It's a friends car and very well looked after

1 hour ago, tomo said:

At least Perth is open and you can have a look. :)

Decent pricing in the current market. Definitely worth flying over to inspect if keen. That's what I did for mine.

I think many people overestimate how much it's going to ship back East, so thins the number of potential buyers. 

14 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

There’s some good buying in the west and the transport is much cheaper coming back than going over. 

The roads are not bad , It's a good drive, certainly let you know if the car is in for the long haul. :)

On 04/03/2022 at 19:39, OBRUT said:

Cool car, what caused the VIN issue?  Seems odd to mention it but not really explain it.

Ps.  Cookie cutters are 👌

It’ll be because SA probably doesn’t recognise the original VIN after engineering so issues the chassis with a number that will be recognised on it’s system. I had the same issue with a Shelby GT350H that I needed to register here.  There it was that it allegedly had no engine number but it did, just not long enough to register on their system so they issued me with another (but made me stamp it on the block!)

5 hours ago, Moobs said:

Not sure if I’m brave enough to take a 35 year old sports car across the Nullarbor! 😂

I'm sure the car would make it but not convinced the driver would since its missing the crucial 454 and 559/573 options for such a trip.

I think it's worth a closer look though.

22 minutes ago, Peter M said:

I'm sure the car would make it but not convinced the driver would since its missing the crucial 454 and 559/573 options for such a trip.

I think it's worth a closer look though.

Yes winding the windows down not much help on The Nulla :)