Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Decent price for this backdate that sold today

Screenshot-20220218-193946-Samsung-Inter

Seems well priced - IMHO - no?????

Given the ask on some of these "special, artisan, custom, one of one,  bespoke, everything upgraded - you know except the brakes n shit, mint, never used, daily used, used only on a Sunday, raw, terrible new - worse now only 300 klm in the last year best driving analog shitboxes for sale?

1 hour ago, hugh said:

300k seems to now be the base line spend for a mildly interesting 911. You won’t be able to buy a 944 under 100k soon. 

Or...... 

A little bit more gets you a GT4 RS?

4 hours ago, on_booost said:

Seems well priced - IMHO - no?????

4 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Looks like reasonable buying 

Well I think it was, but I might be a bit biased with it being a silver backdate 😁

I sent the screenshot to a mate who has one nearly identical to it, and he was thinking his was probably valued at around $75k. You could say he was a little shocked at the sale price, and will be upping his insurance 

6 hours ago, LeeM said:

Well I think it was, but I might be a bit biased with it being a silver backdate 😁

I sent the screenshot to a mate who has one nearly identical to it, and he was thinking his was probably valued at around $75k. You could say he was a little shocked at the sale price, and will be upping his insurance 

$75,000 haha you’d be getting a pretty ordinary 911 for that these days.

1 hour ago, Jdmc said:

yes thats it ....  all i can say is people have money to burn....   its a reshell ... yes as clean as it looks ... for the price i would want a boot full of escobars cocaine 

Buy it its probably a good car ... the question is whats its value ?

Pending the amount they spent on it (would need to be a lot) back when I saw it “drivers” car was the operative word. 

Paint had runs etc and there was a fair bit to fix up and not low $$$ stuff. 

At the price Michel had it ($75k) it was spot on. To be fair it was November 2020, but the point stands, reshell, 5/10 condition but a solid runner engine wise $175k is rich even in this market. Just look at that backdated SC coupe going for c$125k + premium on collecting cars. 

I see so much sit for sale for 12-18 months + and wonder if people are just waiting for a flush buyer or if they don’t really want to sell… 

And to caveat I just bought a 911 in the current market so am not unaware of what it costs to get what you want right now. 

16 minutes ago, CapnHyaku said:

Nah, not a car I recognise, but it is from the other end of the state though.  Probably priced about right I would have thought.......

I do have a trip down south in the next week or so and could possibly check it out for anyone interested......