Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Yes, a friend of mine in Europe has one of the few remaining original 911R's from 1967. It has now become so valuable that he is almost scared to drive it. Indeed, it is now up for sale. So if you have a spare $AUD10-15m laying around, you can buy it if you like! 

https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car/porsche/911/1967/699590

1 hour ago, HWY said:

That is amazing that is your mate's car that featured in the 991 R Porsche advertisement.

Very very cool.

Yes, that's the one. He has a very interesting arrangement with PAG for the  use of the car when they want it.

This is his garage...or more accurately....part of his garage. The 911R is on the top left rack. Note that it still carries the German number plate from the ads. I used to store my cars at his garage so I was there pretty much most weekends, swapping a car, chatting, etc. It's a cool place.

IMG_0055.JPG

IMG_3177.JPG

1 hour ago, JLD said:

Now $245,000!

Truly bonkers.They must notice more people looking at the ad unfortunately it doesn’t always mean you can ask even more $$$.I thought the original asking price was very top end

Quick quick…. $265 tomorrow. $285 by Friday. 🤣

5 minutes ago, MARTY said:

Truly bonkers.They must notice more people looking at the ad unfortunately it doesn’t always mean you can ask even more $$$.I thought the original asking price was very top end

On 04/11/2022 at 18:40, Diamond911 said:

Nice '84, UK example. Interesting story if believed.

Listed at $195 and then increased to $225 very shortly after. 

1984 Porsche 911 Carrera Manual (carsales.com.au)

210,000kms and sat in a museum for years?

Surely having a laugh for those $$$? Better show it to Shannon's and double my agreed value... 🙄

28 minutes ago, Dalai said:

Beautiful car, but confused how a car that has an engine swap can be advertised as matching numbers???

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1973-porsche-911-carrera-manual/OAG-AD-20196833?pageSource=details&id=OAG-AD-20196833

I wondered that myself and would interested if anybody knows this car?

On 16/10/2022 at 20:17, The Bern Dog Experience said:

If this is legit and Aust delivery, I will eat my #$(@ if it does not sell in the next 24 hours... One crap photo does make me a little skeptical.......

This comment was about a 997.2 GTS that was listed at $230,000 and sold the same day for $297,500 after a bidding war.

@Summon have just taken delivery of and will soon be advertising for sale (on behalf of a customer) a white 911 Carrera GTS 997.2 (PDK). If anyone here is in the market (or knows someone who is) and wants to chat before it hits the market, send me a DM.

More details and price available by DM.

1 hour ago, twro said:

This comment was about a 997.2 GTS that was listed at $230,000 and sold the same day for $297,500 after a bidding war.

@Summon have just taken delivery of and will soon be advertising for sale (on behalf of a customer) a white 911 Carrera GTS 997.2 (PDK). If anyone here is in the market (or knows someone who is) and wants to chat before it hits the market, send me a DM.

That GTS you refer to, was that the grey one with around 30000kms? It was listed on CS for a few hours, the seller Xavier was a really nice guy to deal with 😉

5 hours ago, twro said:

Is it this car currently at PCSS? Possibly on consignment with them?

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/details/porsche-911-carrera-gts-coupe-preowned-59059V

10 hours ago, on_booost said:

It’s a tipper cab (not-PDK) so priced fairly in my view. It is very good value for money on a bang for buck basis. Same goes for the 996 tip cabs. 

16 hours ago, 911virgin said:

That GTS you refer to, was that the grey one with around 30000kms? It was listed on CS for a few hours, the seller Xavier was a really nice guy to deal with 😉

Yes, that's the one. Nice guys get the prize? :)

12 hours ago, The Bern Dog Experience said:

Is it this car currently at PCSS? Possibly on consignment with them?

https://finder.porsche.com/au/en-AU/details/porsche-911-carrera-gts-coupe-preowned-59059V

No, different car. This car is in Melbourne.
The one at PCSS says it is Porsche Approved Pre-Owned, so presumably not on consignment?
I'm surprised it hasn't sold, price seems fair compared to other recent sales. Does anyone know the car?

5 hours ago, flamingporsche said:

It’s a tipper cab (not-PDK) so priced fairly in my view. It is very good value for money on a bang for buck basis. Same goes for the 996 tip cabs. 

Gotta say, I wholeheartedly agree, its just priced to sell with all things being considered.