Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I was going to PPI it on Monday, but then he bumped it back to 88k .. so I decided against it.

Today it's back down to 79 again.. which again falls into the bracket of what I'd spend on it. But hoping someone in the know can take a look on my behalf as this up/down price stuff is always red flags for me.

happy to have a look at it for you?

WOW, looks great in blue, still top dollar though. Wheels look tops, nice to see they're not black!! Not sure "common as muck" really applies to turbo S though, last time I saw one was ??? years ago & if you see one its gone in a flash.

P.S. sorry, maybe not top dollar given the carbon brakes, didn't notice those until the second look.

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-2010/OAG-AD-14102699/?Cr=1

cd5230214076360968584.jpg?aspect=FitWith

This car was discussed a while back and the comments were that the price was too high.  What are the thoughts on what this should be sold for?

Has anyone here seen the car?

Edited by D911SC

I know that there are lots of 997's around but a low km Turbo S Series II seems like relatively good value given it's performance and potential to depreciate at a slower rate than other new newish 911's at that price point.

Any thoughts on what this car is really worth?

997 prices , i haven`t looked for a while but when looking yesterday seems the prices have come off in the last 3 or 4 months ,

Think some great buying at the moment ..... 

I still have this thing in my head  should i sell my 86 Carrera and buy the 997 tt ...

definitely sell it, at a reasonable price and I get 1st dibs

Off the top of my head, would I be delusional in thinking didn't Woka procrastinate on that car more than 14 months ago after some heavy handed encouragement to look at it / buy it.    Eg Look past a different name plate,  some extra body waxing and new shoes (I seem to recall nightclub shots of black twists, then silver 19's and now these new shoes)  lead back to an Airport West workshop that started the ball rolling.  DMS tune and perfect paint  in the ad has been lifted me think and seen that three times in the last 14 or so months.  I thought price back them was reflective of kilometres travelled and how much it had been nicely messed with compared to peers at the time, then the second time I saw it I thought f me, that close to what skidmarks was asking chasing with 300% more kilometres and only a couple of major services off a 996tt.

Cheap based on whats your baseline.  All above 996 cars referenced were silver with black interior. (Jaspar's???)    Didn't skidmarks flog a 996c4s for essentially SC Coupe type money which in terms of another reference point was major service  coin off a similar looking 996tt.  So agree its cheap relative to a SC Coupe with similar kilometres.

Edited by smit2100

Seems a lot for a race car. I was under the impression that an IROC car could be built from scratch incl a shell for around $100k. That came from someone who would know. Am I wrong?

Seems a lot for a race car. I was under the impression that an IROC car could be built from scratch incl a shell for around $100k. That came from someone who would know. Am I wrong?

I'd be estimating a build on these would provide little change out of 200k. 

Where is Jonno??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-996-to-991-GT3-RS-Wide-Body-Kit-996-Conversion-Bodykit-to-NEW-991-/152085711205?hash=item236903c965:g:yLsAAOSwuzRXf19m

This could suit him , just nee dto use his skills in reverse..

There is a few donor cars out there im sure 

That is awful! Who would do something like that.....

s-l500.jpg

Where is Jonno??

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-996-to-991-GT3-RS-Wide-Body-Kit-996-Conversion-Bodykit-to-NEW-991-/152085711205?hash=item236903c965:g:yLsAAOSwuzRXf19m

This could suit him , just nee dto use his skills in reverse..

There is a few donor cars out there im sure 

Seems that the Porsche world hasn't learned much from its forward and backdating mistakes during the '80's and '90's ..... :unsure:

Serious question...

Do you think the next generation of Porsche owners will look at backdating the same way as we look at the forward dating of the 80s/90s?

I look at forward dated cars and genuinely get a shiver down my spine. Everytime. I'm always like "Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!  Thhheeeee  hhhhuuuummmmmmaaaaaannnniiiittttyyyyyy!".

I love backdating and always will. But keen to hear your thoughts on longevity and views of generations to come. 

Serious question...

Do you think the next generation of Porsche owners will look at backdating the same way as we look at the forward dating of the 80s/90s?

I look at forward dated cars and genuinely get a shiver down my spine. Everytime. I'm always like "Whhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!  Thhheeeee  hhhhuuuummmmmmaaaaaannnniiiittttyyyyyy!".

I love backdating and always will. But keen to hear your thoughts on longevity and views of generations to come. 

I think the motives are probably different, between the forward dating of the past and the back dating going on now. I think a lot of the forward dating was done with the mentality of "I can look like I am driving a new 911 for half the price". For me at least, the backdating is not to make people think I am driving a million dollar genuine RSR. I am just building my ideal car.

The whole 959 thing I have never understood though. I put that in the same category as making an MR2 look like an F355 with a body kit.... Who are you fooling? 

Edited by MFX