996 GT3 Purchase

15 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Unrelated question. Anyone have experience with fixing the foam out of a/c vents on a 996. Asking for a mate 😂 

I do miss old car stuff! 

I have this issue on my 987 Cayman S, you'll be finding foam in the vents for months 

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/11/2023 at 17:19, edgy said:

90CACF62-2088-46DD-AB24-6D20D9BDBD48.thumb.jpeg.704ac8aeef014882fe8c64e7a0b544e9.jpeg

$3k more than the hammer price last time… so $164k~ Inc BP 

Went up again and didn't sell today ... I knew it got a mention on this thread before so went hunting back through ... Surprised to see how close the price was again to last time ...

Screenshot 2024-03-26 at 4.46.56 PM.png

2 minutes ago, on_booost said:

The Market has spoken....... twice!

Thrice! But no doubt it will now go back on Carsales for $200k (where it's been for the last I don't know how long)

It was on show on the Collecting Cars stand at the Adelaide Motorsport Festival, had a good poke around it. Other than the km, it looked like a good useable example. 

I'm wondering if a good poke around underneath would reveal some previous accident history....? It's not selling for a reason.

*Disclaimer - I do not know this car or its history, just wondering.

He has been asked multiple times for an over revs report on all 3 auctions, but has said buyer need to pay for it to get done, which is fair enough, but after 2 auctions with the same questions, if it were me I'd have got it done before listing it the 3rd time and might have got a better result. 

He's also mentioned that 75% of the car has had paint, but no accident history. Just cosmetic. Who knows. 

As you edge over to high 1's for a 90km 996. My thinking is, pay a bit more for a 997.

On 04/01/2024 at 15:47, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wow!!  huge price drop $235k down to $190k....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1999/oag-ad-20873875/?csn_atid=863eb83d-e3d5-4370-9299-a6b162786f90

Dealer might have got spooked by the keen pricing on @Rick V's car ????

Coming soon to Collecting Cars (also currently on Facebook for ~$210K)

2000 Porsche 911 (996) GT3 for sale by auction in North Rocks, NSW, Australia (collectingcars.com)

FYI: by the KM's travelled (colour,condition, options), I think this may be the Porsche Centre Doncaster 996 GT3 sold as discussed above/previously.

p.s looks sensational..........

On 27/03/2024 at 12:19, 911 said:

He has been asked multiple times for an over revs report on all 3 auctions, but has said buyer need to pay for it to get done, which is fair enough, but after 2 auctions with the same questions, if it were me I'd have got it done before listing it the 3rd time and might have got a better result. 

He's also mentioned that 75% of the car has had paint, but no accident history. Just cosmetic. Who knows. 

As you edge over to high 1's for a 90km 996. My thinking is, pay a bit more for a 997.

I saw the car at the bend a few years ago. It had heavy patina in the usual areas from track use. He and his wife used it for many years as a track day car I believe. Otherwise it looked straight? So I’d tend to believe the owner on the reason for paint. No affiliation with them or the car.

On 27/03/2024 at 12:49, 911 said:

Probably knows it has overrevs and doesn't want to disclose. Downloading overrevs is a 5 minute task and any shop regularly servicing your car would do it without cost as a one off... I've certainly never paid for an over-rev report when I've needed one 😉

1 hour ago, spiller said:

The car justified a better review. No research and a fairly lazy effort by CH. 

One of his other recent videos was similar- seemed very unenthused by the example. Maybe was the 964 one for memory.

I do like how he noted it really wasn't much different to a regular 996 GT3. One panel of carbon (still used locking mechanism- hello weight!) Wee bit of roll centre difference in uprights (yawn).

Give me a 996 Cup any day of the week- actually give me 4 instead of one of these pretty RS 996's.

Let's face it they are a Vacationer of the 996 or an S Pack to clear out stock for the 997. Yep <- those are fighting words- stick up your dukes.

2 minutes ago, Peter John said:

They did a Commo S too yeah? Take your pick if you're Blue or Red blooded.

I still remember in high school reading the magazine review titled "One S short of significance" about the VT S 😂