996 GT3 Purchase

On 24/12/2023 at 07:05, Rick V said:

Guilty, as charged.

Having enjoyed five years with the GT3, I was hankering for a more modern Pcar, so did a deal with the guys at Duttons. 

This GT3 is a genuinely great car, and worth every dollar they’re asking…… in fact I’m a little surprised they aren’t asking more.

The new baby arrived a week or so ago.  Happy as a pig in sh#t!

IMG_4963.jpeg

Who did you use for transport? I need one from east to west 😩 

7 hours ago, GTP911 said:

Back to 996 discussion on the 996 GT3 thread:

The 996 RS in NZ for sale is the only 996 RS I've seen with the basic rotary heater controls! any one else seen this configuration in an RS? (996 GT3 Yes / RS I've never seen)

gallery carousel 13

Probably an air conditioner delete. 

Makes it a true light weight package. Not a problem in NZ but not ideal in Australia. 

On 26/12/2023 at 22:35, edgy said:

I’d be interested in its history, by the bonnet pins, I’m guessing competition, to which, why the hell not! 👍

“Destined for a new owner, with just a little fettling, it will be cherished and adorned for many generations to come”

Not sure if that means it’s been modified, or needs some things fixing?! 😅

I go to NZ a few times a year for work, maybe this would save me a couple hundred bucks a year on Ubers if I drove myself around??? Bargain! 😁

42 minutes ago, JWM said:

“Destined for a new owner, with just a little fettling, it will be cherished and adorned for many generations to come”

Not sure if that means it’s been modified, or needs some things fixing?! 😅

I go to NZ a few times a year for work, maybe this would save me a couple hundred bucks a year on Ubers if I drove myself around??? Bargain! 😁

As do I, but for family…. We keep a car in Christchurch for this purpose, and it couldn’t be more cost effective! You really should save on those Ubers 😂 #ManMaths! 

On 04/12/2021 at 09:16, TwoHeadsTas said:

Good to see you on here Stuart.  Track only or will you be able to do the SI Rally reg and run it in your events?

I finally got around to putting some plates on the Cup, Peter!

I thought 4399 might be harder for someone to recall than 4400!

IMG_1792.jpeg

3 hours ago, Peter John said:

Love it. Correct me if I’m wrong did you move a 996.1 on and go more modern to come back to a .1 again?

I had a 996.2 GT3 which I sold for the .1

The .1 is so cool, plus it helps that mine has cup car gearing, exhaust, solid engine mounts, KW suspension and 997 GT3 floating calipers 😎