996 GT3 Purchase

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

So does anyone have a 996.2 front cage portion available?  I want to feel like a race car driver when going to the shops and back.

I do... comes with a free RS. 🤣 

On a serious note, you'll have to be careful as it seems there is a couple of front sections out there for the 996 gen cars, a mate of mine has one such section but it doesn't seem to align with the rear that is in his car, I am not sure if they were different over the years but something you should pay close attention to... the OEM spec weld in hardware is available from FVD in case you need to source it. 

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

So does anyone have a 996.2 front cage portion available?  I want to feel like a race car driver when going to the shops and back.

I say leave it out. Makes getting in and out a PITA and if you crash on the road and you’re not harnessed and helmeted you’ll stove your head in on it. 

7 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I have one & other 996 GT3 bits, give me a call 

Congrats!

Assuming it’s the CS that was recently up with carbon ceramics?

curious… Does it have the mounting points already (in the floor) for the front cage section? 

6 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Unrelated question. Anyone have experience with fixing the foam out of a/c vents on a 996. Asking for a mate 😂 

I do miss old car stuff! 

Yes, don’t run the blower fan on warmer days! 😝

40 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Unrelated question. Anyone have experience with fixing the foam out of a/c vents on a 996. Asking for a mate 😂 

I do miss old car stuff! 

Patience and some long tweezers 

1 hour ago, mrar said:

Top speed, hvac "fresh air" selected ,full fan speed. eyeware.

Using tweezers indeed requires  some patience. Is their anywhere you can rig up an aircompressor to supplement the factory fan to reduce the reliance on tweezers.

9 hours ago, edgy said:

Congrats!

Assuming it’s the CS that was recently up with carbon ceramics?

curious… Does it have the mounting points already (in the floor) for the front cage section? 

Yes, don’t run the blower fan on warmer days! 😝

I was watching a few videos. Seems you can go through the frunk and get to the part that has the degraded foam and fix it all up that way. All goes back together pretty easy too.