996 GT3 Purchase

13 hours ago, Shedpest said:

Only 2 Midnight Blue's delivered to Oz and from memory both owners are members on PFA, one must have tapped out.

Guilty, as charged.

Having enjoyed five years with the GT3, I was hankering for a more modern Pcar, so did a deal with the guys at Duttons. 

This GT3 is a genuinely great car, and worth every dollar they’re asking…… in fact I’m a little surprised they aren’t asking more.

The new baby arrived a week or so ago.  Happy as a pig in sh#t!

IMG_4963.jpeg

2 hours ago, edgy said:

Congrats on the new one, glad to see it’s another saturated hue a la blue 👌🏼 

Yeah, cheers.  Don’t get me started on how many Australian delivered 911’s in the last 10 - 15 years are black, grey, silver or white.  Especially having just got back from Europe and seeing the amazing range of 911 colours available, compared to what we get here.
Always loved Lapis Blue (your GT3 looked awesome), but my 992 had to be Gentian Blue - looks great in any light.  * personal opinion of course! ✌️

On 24/12/2023 at 10:05, Rick V said:

Guilty, as charged.

Having enjoyed five years with the GT3, I was hankering for a more modern Pcar, so did a deal with the guys at Duttons. 

This GT3 is a genuinely great car, and worth every dollar they’re asking…… in fact I’m a little surprised they aren’t asking more.

The new baby arrived a week or so ago.  Happy as a pig in sh#t!

IMG_4963.jpeg

The 992 interior is a lovely place to be, tech that works and the turbo torque affords effortless performance (and huge upside if you ever want it) 👌

Nice 996 GT3 RS for sale in NZ, roughly A$250 to 260k. Bugger can’t get it here though. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/porsche/auction-4393020874.htm

14 minutes ago, DJM said:

UK price info, interesting……

Isn’t it a strange world when cars depreciating is news…..🛝

18 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Nice 996 GT3 RS for sale in NZ, roughly A$250 to 260k. Bugger can’t get it here though. 

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/porsche/auction-4393020874.htm

Aren’t you glad our government protects us with LCT and import laws! 

You could always buy it, keep it there for the next 5 years until it’s able to be imported and enjoy it on NZ roads! The demerit points don’t count 😁 and you’ve got plenty of time to manage the tax affairs! 

id be interested in it’s history, by the bonnet pins, I’m guessing competition, to which, why the hell not! 👍

31 minutes ago, edgy said:

id be interested in it’s history, by the bonnet pins, I’m guessing competition, to which, why the hell not! 👍

In nz they dont Supersprint in Porsche club, they door to door, but that would be out of the money pace wise I think, as its more a club level cup car and spec race Boxster scene.
 I’m guessing some targa tour type stuff?  Looks in good condition.  

19 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

In nz they dont Supersprint in Porsche club, they door to door, but that would be out of the money pace wise I think, as its more a club level cup car and spec race Boxster scene.
 I’m guessing some targa tour type stuff?  Looks in good condition.  

I hadn’t looked at club stuff there, but as for roads, amazing! Some proper scenery and long drives to be had… speed limits are “ok” but the bonus is if you do get a ticket there’s no points penalty, just the fine. 

28 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

No it is naaf and now utter nonsense!

Indeed! (It was tongue in cheek as you no doubt figured) 

27 minutes ago, Peter John said:

I skim watched it- can you summarise? 

Saw this the other day, basically all over hyped & inflated late model stuff is not surprisingly, not selling, so prices are being reduced… and cars are still in stock! 

If you want a late model, hold court I say.