996 GT3 Purchase

4 hours ago, GTP911 said:

Black looks sensational for the 5 min it's clean.............

IMG_1920.jpg

IMG_1921.jpg

Black is the worst but looks stunning when detailed. 
You’d have to say silver gets dirty the best- covers up everything - but I’m sure those 996 owners in silver would loose their cars in a sea of Toyota Camry’s. 

5 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Black is the worst but looks stunning when detailed. 
You’d have to say silver gets dirty the best- covers up everything - but I’m sure those 996 owners in silver would loose their cars in a sea of Toyota Camry’s. 

Arctic Silver is great, Seal Grey is pretty good too 🙂 (Onto our 3rd Seal Grey car!!!)

On 04/01/2024 at 15:47, TwoHeadsTas said:

Wow!!  huge price drop $235k down to $190k....

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-1999/oag-ad-20873875/?csn_atid=863eb83d-e3d5-4370-9299-a6b162786f90

Dealer might have got spooked by the keen pricing on @Rick V's car ????

Now sold. Not to me…

Sold going to Sydney - is this the market has spoken? If I recall 290 original listing, then 229 or so 12 months ago, offline, then listed 189k and a pounce and gone. 

GT3, silver, matching numbers, history.

I saw it in the flesh a very clean car. Sure my least favourite colour and a no deal colour for me but if you see through that I personally think that figure is great buying today, tomorrow or whenever. 

They are an overlooked car for a driver- maybe not wingy enough for cars and coffee stand out and don’t get the attention from buyers. 

45 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Sold going to Sydney - is this the market has spoken? If I recall 290 original listing, then 229 or so 12 months ago, offline, then listed 189k and a pounce and gone. 

GT3, silver, matching numbers, history.

I saw it in the flesh a very clean car. Sure my least favourite colour and a no deal colour for me but if you see through that I personally think that figure is great buying today, tomorrow or whenever. 

Ah, this must be the one that Duttons had?  I had a crawl over it 18 months ago after I had just sold mine for $189k.  I had quite a few more kms, but no way could I see a $100k difference in value.  Really nice car but........

33 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Ah, this must be the one that Duttons had?  I had a crawl over it 18 months ago after I had just sold mine for $189k.  I had quite a few more kms, but no way could I see a $100k difference in value.  Really nice car but........

Nah that was a clubsport both were available at the same time. Last time I saw that was 230k odd then no longer. 

This car was porsche centre doncaster. Yes 289 for base spec and silver wasn’t going to happen. 

3 hours ago, Peter John said:

They are an overlooked car for a driver- maybe not wingy enough for cars and coffee stand out and don’t get the attention from buyers. 

I’ve long felt like the 996 & 997 are their own niche, bookended by the air-cooled mob & the new wave Porsche crowd… it’s as though they’re the red headed step child sometimes! To me, it’s peak 911 

28 minutes ago, edgy said:

I’ve long felt like the 996 & 997 are their own niche, bookended by the air-cooled mob & the new wave Porsche crowd… it’s as though they’re the red headed step child sometimes! To me, it’s peak 911 

All the new stuff looks like Hot wheels designed them. 😉

33 minutes ago, tomo said:

All the new stuff looks like Hot wheels designed them. 😉

And that’s what sells right? All that fomo and Instagram cred has a value- and if it isn’t much more than a Carrera visually (let’s face it) the hype and price tag just isn’t there. 

I love the red headed step child! Let’s keep the prices down and maybe, just maybe, porsche club super sprints will go from a Cayman Club, back to an early GT3 club. 

13 minutes ago, Peter John said:

I love the red headed step child! Let’s keep the prices down and maybe, just maybe, porsche club super sprints will go from a Cayman Club, back to an early GT3 club. 

I think the 996 GT3 has plenty of cred, And the red headed step child is the much millined 996 carrera. 😉

14 hours ago, Peter John said:

This ^^ x100 

there’s a few of us keeping the flame alive in PCNSW sprints with old metal. 

18 hours ago, edgy said:

This ^^ x100 

there’s a few of us keeping the flame alive in PCNSW sprints with old metal. 

I did a few rounds last year in my 69, only a handful of AC cars still running these events. 

7 hours ago, hugh said:

I did a few rounds last year in my 69, only a handful of AC cars still running these events. 

If 996 is old metal, 69 is antiques roadshow! 😄

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

I see there is an Arena Red 1 of 1 Aus Del that often does pcnsw motorkhana- looks tops. 

Yup, sensational spec! 

7 hours ago, Peter John said:

I see there is an Arena Red 1 of 1 Aus Del that often does pcnsw motorkhana- looks tops. 

That is a family member (and his kids), and I'm pretty sure he'll be buried in that car.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, edgy said:

A strong result for a Spanish registered 996 RS with a few miles and mostly missing service history! 

These will continue to climb IMO. If I was you, don't sell! 

Front guard, door and rear quarter look like 3 different colours. 

Annoying a car that expensive and rare and you can't get it right. I saw one a few months locally and the bonnet didn't even line up properly with the headlight. Maybe an RS thing with carbon panels?