996 GT3 Purchase

5 hours ago, Rick V said:

I’m getting itchy feet & have lately been looking at getting into something more comfortable for cruising with wife … 991’s & 992’s.

If anyone is keen on getting into one of only two Australian Delivered midnight blue 996.2 GT3’s, reach out to me during this moment of weakness!

Full history, 48K kms, touring, excellent condition.  Tempted to keep it but seems a waste to have it living under car-cover.  Will probably regret letting her go, but happy to discuss with any serious punters. 

Lovely looking car. 

3 hours ago, mc968cs said:

should have taken it

Three more auction attempts required before reality sets in! 😉

10 years ago, a track mate couldn't sell his 996.2 GT3 CS for $115k and now they are turning down reasonable results... 

24 minutes ago, mrar said:

That was 10 yrs ago.

Sometimes people wake up and say what was i thinking, should of bought that.

Hell I bought a aus 77 930 for 41k drinking beer after work sitting on a milk crate with mates and still own it .

Would I sell It for that price?

Wake up.

My point wasn't that he should sell for $115k, my point was the market decides the value of a car, not your expectations... If it's been on CS and two auctions without a successful result, his expectations are the issue. Sell it or enjoy it... 

9 hours ago, mrar said:

My point is if I don't want to meet the market because you say whatever, deal will not happen.

If old mate doesn't accept auction final bid thats his prerogative.

Sometimes money doesn't mean you get the goods.

Background noise is deaf ear.

Absolutely his prerogative to tyre kick the market but anyone who's listed in two auctions is clearly keen to sell and each time he goes around the merry-go-round with buyers he loses more credibility... My 2 cents... 

14 hours ago, 911rox said:

Absolutely his prerogative to tyre kick the market but anyone who's listed in two auctions is clearly keen to sell and each time he goes around the merry-go-round with buyers he loses more credibility... My 2 cents... 

I think it's more indicative of needing to sell, but he has a minimum (in this case he wants $200k) 

14 minutes ago, avvocato said:

I think it's more indicative of needing to sell, but he has a minimum (in this case he wants $200k) 

I appreciate that avvocato but clearly his wants don't align with perceived market value... I don't see the market shifting to accommodate the needs of individuals unless something is unique or special. 

If we’re to say $200k +/- is your average  for a 996 GT3 then this one definitely falls into the below avg category based on spec & mileage, which is why I had previously asked about the high mile Arctic silver car at Porschaden, last listed at $172.5k 

Final result is certainly within that range, but surely the owner of this one would net a better result placing it on Carsales @ $175k Neg and not losing out to buyers premium.  

That being said, if the sellers number is $200k I cannot see that happening now, all things being considered. 

An anecdotal point to make, at $200k this is very close to the original price when new, often this phenomenon of desirable cars following their natural depreciation curve, then returning to and/or surpassing it’s “price when new” occurs at around 30 years … which says a lot about the 991/992 market but that’s another thread 😜

I wonder where 996 GT3s will be in 10 years. The problem for me is there are alot more 997 GT3s, which I'd prefer to own personally for the same money. So will they be held back behind 997 pricing, or will they pass them. Hard to imagine many people paying more for a 996 as opposed to a 997 and given there are alot more 997s. They might be held where they are for longer?

8 hours ago, 911 said:

I wonder where 996 GT3s will be in 10 years. The problem for me is there are alot more 997 GT3s, which I'd prefer to own personally for the same money. So will they be held back behind 997 pricing, or will they pass them. Hard to imagine many people paying more for a 996 as opposed to a 997 and given there are alot more 997s. They might be held where they are for longer?

If people knew the answer to those types of questions they would be very rich. Time will tell, but for my money at least, I think the 997 will still remain more valuable overall. There are the purists who want the original 996.1, but I think the larger general market would still prefer a 997 on looks more than anything else, with the 997.2 holding out as the last of the 'pure' 'small' GT3's remaining the most valuable. My 2c.