996 GT3 Purchase

37 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

I watch cars sales every day as a hobby - for years, along with a good level of network and word of mouth off market sales.  I’ll go out a limb around current prices as a bit of fun to get into it  

• 996 gt3. A good one. Real sale price at $180k or so, before duties etc. Maybe a little more but unlikely anymore?  
  • 996 gt3rs non collector grade.  1.5 x 996 gt3=$ 270k before taxes.  
  • collector grade 996 gt3rs = 1.5 x 996 gt3rs above= $ 405k before taxes.  I doubt these really even get listed, just sell off market. 

Really appreciate your feedback. I've never seen 996 RS listed before. 

11 hours ago, luzzo said:

That is pretty much the only advertised 996GT3RS listed for sale in the last 'few' years.  It would be a very obscure reference to use, as it's a one off Ad.  

I'm familiar with the car. It was a UK import, relatively High kms, and has some 'history'. It was sold requiring a substantial amount of work.  So not the Pristine example. 

Ah, was this this the ex Tassie car your mate bought via Pickles auction?  If so, I have driven this car, albeit briefly.  Yes, it does have some history, understand it was on the UK equivalent of the WOVR????  I think can recall seeing some threads on one of the UK forums.

12 hours ago, mc968cs said:

996 gt3rs non collector grade.  1.5 x 996 gt3

I disagree with you multiple here ^ there was definitely an anomaly in time where this was possible (and a number of us acquired), over the 10 or so years I've follow them this is generally x 2 

As for collector grade cars (imo two milestones sub 1k miles & sub 10k miles), well I guess that depends on a lot, like who, what where, but some recent examples (and all time high), the latter being a 17,000 mile car so IMO not a collector grade car, but definitely in a limited supply scenario. 

ScreenShot2023-11-16at10_07_06am.png.16e8f9427e6e584a8c39706f562b0c99.png

ScreenShot2023-11-16at10_07_30am.png.2cd05f230abcd23f91fc7d46b0c5afd5.png

About one week ago 

ScreenShot2023-11-16at10_07_19am.png.a6c6dc157abb31ecf2459a691188fb14.png

The thing is, no matter what the number is... if you are one of the lucky few that own one, the only thing that comes close (well equal in my book) is the 360 Challenge Stradale, I cannot think of anything else I'd want to own that offers up what the 996 RS does on all accounts. 

I will say at sub $200k for a vanilla 996 GT3, get buying... this is one of the greatest drivers cars of all time. 

12 hours ago, Pork Chops said:

Porsche owners favourite topic. What their ‘P cars’ are worth…

Exactly. It seems if you currently own one of xx model it is considered worth more than the real market value. If those same people are looking to buy that same model, it's worth less. I can plead guilty to that mindset in past your honour :)

2 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

$300k AUD asking price . A little bit closer to home and more desirable than a UK car. 

https://www.lemongarage.co.za/cars/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996/

Perhaps "lemon" has a different connotation in Zambia / RSA than it does in Oz???? 

$300k for an OS example = $450k~ inc LCT, Duty, GST & shipping (no stamp duty) 

For one to obtain at this price & enjoy here, two things need to happen: 

1. Government to scrap all taxes on imported cars
  2. Tax Evasion 

One of those has a higher probability of occurring than the other, but also comes with a room mate named Bubba 

Whether we like it or not, those tax consequences are (more often than not), factored into local market pricing wherever you have a high tax jurisdiction (i.e. Asia) and does tend to adhere for the life of the car, more so if its a desirable model... the inverse is true where import laws are chill & taxes are low (i.e. NZ). 

This was the long way round to say @hugh was right :lol: 

There was a UK one on carsales around a year ago for $300k from memory. I don't think it ever sold? Might be in the comments further back. At $450k, you'd be silly to bother. Just buy a 997. 

Markets been a bit tough on 996s since the covid surge. Maybe $300-$350k for an Aussie one would be my guess? Depends how bad you want one. Have any changed hands recently? 

44 minutes ago, 911 said:

There was a UK one on carsales around a year ago for $300k from memory. I don't think it ever sold? Might be in the comments further back. At $450k, you'd be silly to bother. Just buy a 997. 

Markets been a bit tough on 996s since the covid surge. Maybe $300-$350k for an Aussie one would be my guess? Depends how bad you want one. Have any changed hands recently? 

I would agree that price would be about right . 
Pre Covid Duttons car https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-GT-RS-Coupe-dr-Man-sp-i-MY~34108

I would think prices will get back to pre Covid in most 

40 minutes ago, Peter John said:

Would love to know the stats-

-Who has a 996 GT3

-When the last time they drove it was

-Who wants a 996 GT3

-Who wants to sell a 996 GT3

-Who once had a 996 GT3

For an ugly duckling it’s the most talked about model on here! 

I'd love to get back into one at some stage, they are such fun/great cars. 

19 hours ago, Peter John said:

Would love to know the stats-

-Who has a 996 GT3

-When the last time they drove it was

-Who wants a 996 GT3

-Who wants to sell a 996 GT3

-Who once had a 996 GT3

For an ugly duckling it’s the most talked about model on here! 

I’m getting itchy feet & have lately been looking at getting into something more comfortable for cruising with wife … 991’s & 992’s.

If anyone is keen on getting into one of only two Australian Delivered midnight blue 996.2 GT3’s, reach out to me during this moment of weakness!

Full history, 48K kms, touring, excellent condition.  Tempted to keep it but seems a waste to have it living under car-cover.  Will probably regret letting her go, but happy to discuss with any serious punters. 

IMG_9933.jpeg

32 minutes ago, micknine01 said:

Apparently they arent worth much anymore Ricky, may as well keep it 😆

Ha!  Yeah, whilst there’s no doubt that some asset prices are well off their recent highs, if you believe half the stuff on here,  I’d be lucky to trade it on a Corolla. 😁