996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

31 minutes ago, KGB said:

$75k was my experience 16 months ago.

I agree. 

Would it be possible the discrepancy in @tomo 's experience, is in the details. 

E.g. A 9964S Coupe with approx 90-120+kms, Tiptronic may have been around $60k.  As opposed to a low km 9964S with great history, maybe IMS done in Coupe & Manual - my experience early/mid last year was ~ $75k ish. However, by Oct/Nov 20 (so close to 12 mths ago now) I am aware of at least 3 advertised above $90k. 

Either way, $110-$120 it seems is the upper end right now (Coupe, Man, history, <100kms).

17 minutes ago, luzzo said:

I agree. 

E.g. A 9964S Coupe with approx 90-120+kms, Tiptronic may have been around $60k.  As opposed to a low km 9964S with great history, maybe IMS done in Coupe & Manual - my experience early/mid last year was ~ $75k ish. However, by Oct/Nov 20 (so close to 12 mths ago now) I am aware of at least 3 advertised above $90k. 

Either way, $110-$120 it seems is the upper end right now (Coupe, Man, history, <100kms).

I think so.  

Mine went a couple of months ago at the range you mention.

I’m fully representative of the past 18 months of C4S fervour. 😜

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

I agree. 

As far as the discrepancy is concerned  just went through  all my notes and it is April  2020 not July as stated, As @Mike D'Silva looked at a Cayman for me in  March 2020 which I nearly brought but becacuse of covid I could not get a look so reneged on the car as leg room was concern. So went looking for 996's,  The cars and prices mentioned are not a figment of my imagination phone conversations were had with dealers and photo copys of log books pertaining to the cars was sent to me . The Cayman was a 2009 S with PDK I think 41000  ks on the clock @$62000.00

On 07/09/2021 at 23:18, st3ve said:

March / April 2020 was a pretty unique time, bottom of the V-notch.

I was looking for a 996/997 late 2019/early 2020

996.2 manual coupe was 60/65

996 C4S 80/85, 

Glad I got into my 997 when I did however with 20/20 vision would have bought a C4S as well lol

9 hours ago, st3ve said:

March / April 2020 was a pretty unique time, bottom of the V-notch.

Yep, Jan 20 purchase of my 6.1 GT3 was pretty optimal timing (quite by accident rather than by design.......).  Found my 6.2 C2 hard to sell in the few months after, so that was right at the bottom of that V.  Probably better to have had difficulty selling that and bought the GT3 though 🙂  Bit of a case of begging forgiveness from management at the time.....

38 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Yep, Jan 20 purchase of my 6.1 GT3 was pretty optimal timing (quite by accident rather than by design.......).  Found my 6.2 C2 hard to sell in the few months after, so that was right at the bottom of that V.  Probably better to have had difficulty selling that and bought the GT3 though 🙂  Bit of a case of begging forgiveness from management at the time.....

I finalised the purchase of my C2 in Mar '20, at the time I (like most others) did not expect it to be a good-ish investment.  It was not at all clear how the covid thing would shake out and when the opportunity came along it was a "f*ck it" moment, might be the last opportunity to have something fun... might be in a box within months, or societal breakdown, zombies roaming the streets, etc.  :D 

Instead 18 months later we're just imprisoned at home and everything other than salaries somehow went up by 50-100%.  Who knew.

13 hours ago, peter-james-brown said:

Nice looking car, compared to other 997’s advertised this looks a fair deal. Offer $95k. Ask for Drive away included if cheeky. 

16 hours ago, Fishcop said:

I honestly don't mean to...  But it's true I was really on the fence at the time :)

I know, When I was looking I could have bought a couple of perfectly nice manual C4s for around $80k but at the time I just couldn't stretch that far. Still very happy with my C2 though.

19 minutes ago, Schnell said:

I know, When I was looking I could have bought a couple of perfectly nice manual C4s for around $80k but at the time I just couldn't stretch that far. Still very happy with my C2 though.

C2 is great bang for your bucks and no lesser feeling when you're hoping your driver skills can match the cars capability.

Spending less for the same excitement just means you have more money going into the piggy bank for your next Porsche addition :rolleyes:.

6 hours ago, sjm said:

Nice looking car, compared to other 997’s advertised this looks a fair deal. Offer $95k. Ask for Drive away included if cheeky. 

Yeah the low kms definitely add value. If this one had say 110k kms then 95 would be far too high imo. 

It is a tiptronic cab though and these are generally worth much less than manual coupes. 

44 minutes ago, t888 said:

Yeah the low kms definitely add value. If this one had say 110k kms then 95 would be far too high imo. 

It is a tiptronic cab though and these are generally worth much less than manual coupes. 

Thanks for the insight - Decided it's not for me. Some gaps in the history and other things. 

On 09/09/2021 at 14:06, peter-james-brown said:

Thanks for the insight - Decided it's not for me. Some gaps in the history and other things. 

Does it have to be a tip? I have a well sorted manual cab that may come up shortly

This Atlas Grey C4S Cab has popped up again at Port Macquarie.  I had a look at it last year.  It's Andrew Miedecke's daily (ex V8/supercars owner/driver).  It needed a tidy, the cab roof was malfunctioning and the IMS hadn't been looked at.  It's an Aussie car and there are full books ect...  Now that he's done the IMS and roof, it seems like nice buy in this market if you're after a tipper-cab with the C4S cache ;)  https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/port-macquarie/cars-vans-utes/2004-porsche-911-996-my04-carrera-4s-awd-cabriolet-grey-5-speed-sports-automatic-convertible/1281052992