996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, Mondo74 said:

i messaged him and he gave me the info. He then asked if i needed any more etc and also that the price was now 105k so to only enquire if my offer was more than that hahaha. 

So $100k was the starting point for the Dutch auction 🙄

27 minutes ago, Tips said:

So $100k was the starting point for the Dutch auction 🙄

I don't want to be pedantic but... :)

A Dutch auction initially offers an item at a price in excess of the amount the seller expects to receive. The price lowers in steps until a bidder accepts the current price. That bidder wins the auction and pays that price for the item. For example, a business might auction a used company car at a starting bid of $15,000. If nobody accepts the initial bid, the seller successively reduces the price in $1,000 increments. When the price reaches $10,000, a particular bidder—who feels that price is acceptable and that someone else might soon bid—quickly accepts the bid, and pays $10,000 for the car.

Dutch auctions are a competitive alternative to a traditional auction, in which customers make bids of increasing value until nobody is willing to bid higher.

IIRC, was to be able to sell lots of flowers quickly....

3 hours ago, Mondo74 said:

i messaged him and he gave me the info. He then asked if i needed any more etc and also that the price was now 105k so to only enquire if my offer was more than that hahaha. 

That seems a bit ordinary as others have said he’s probably had a bit of interest in it but until he’s got the dollars sitting in his account I’d still try to get it for the advertised price.

7 hours ago, luzzo said:

Not sure. I'm looking at a few diff options atm. Also considering an imported 997c4s or spend bit more for imported 996tt or more again for aus delivered 996tt. Or spend way less and just get an m4 for a bit of fun for a year or so... I'm all over the joint. 

13 hours ago, Mondo74 said:
21 hours ago, luzzo said:

Not sure. I'm looking at a few diff options atm. Also considering an imported 997c4s or spend bit more for imported 996tt or more again for aus delivered 996tt. Or spend way less and just get an m4 for a bit of fun for a year or so... I'm all over the joint. 

If that 997 C4S checks out it would be a nice car. I had one and they are impressive. Haggle hard and enjoy 😊 

12 hours ago, Fishcop said:

And it’s one of those nasty, nasty modified ones too. 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

All this does is make the 997 look like the relative bargain that it currently is.... 

It’s funny how the overpriced ones always have a passive-aggressive final paragraph in the ad.

It’s what put me off Hamilton’s stock over the years, they have a similarly toned boilerplate on all their CS ads.

4 hours ago, Sherpa said:

It’s funny how the overpriced ones always have a passive-aggressive final paragraph in the ad.

It’s what put me off Hamilton’s stock over the years, they have a similarly toned boilerplate on all their CS ads.

Oh man, the final paragraph in any AH ad is something else, definitely cringeworthy… you just know they had one hand on the keyboard, and their d*ck in other hand. 

1 hour ago, TINGY said:

Haven't been around these parts for a while but WTF is going with these 996 prices, are they overpriced or have I been left behind, I know what I think but that's worth 2/5ths of FA.

I think with the price of most models going up it was always on the cards the 996 would go up too it’s been undervalued too long,but saying that some of the prices being asked aren’t achievable