996 values coupe/cab manual/tip

1 hour ago, JWM said:

This seems like a very nice looking car if you’re after a tip cab. Low k’s too.  https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2002-porsche-911-996-carrera-cabriolet

No hardtop, resprayed bumper, rashed wheels, and I'm guessing they'll want a fortune for it because of the ks. And it's Collecting Cars so you never know if your bid is a buying bid!

23 minutes ago, JLD said:

And it's Collecting Cars so you never know if your bid is a buying bid!

Yeah, I don’t get that bit. A lot of those listings feel like fishing expeditions on price. And the fees make it an expensive way to buy.

7 hours ago, JLD said:

No hardtop, resprayed bumper, rashed wheels, and I'm guessing they'll want a fortune for it because of the ks. And it's Collecting Cars so you never know if your bid is a buying bid!

‘No hardtop’, adjust bid accordingly. ‘Rashed wheels’ adjust bid accordingly and/or spend a few hundred dollars at a wheel repairer. ‘Resprayed bumper’, on a near 20 year old car, seriously that’s an issue? ‘They’ll want a fortune for it because of the low k’s’, um possibly, possibly not, guess it depends on your definition of ‘fortune’. ‘Collecting Cars so you never know if your bid is a buying bid!’. As far as I’m aware once the banner ‘No Reserve’ appears the reserve is met and the highest bidder wins. Seems fairly transparent to me.

5 hours ago, DT said:

‘No hardtop’, adjust bid accordingly. ‘Rashed wheels’ adjust bid accordingly and/or spend a few hundred dollars at a wheel repairer. ‘Resprayed bumper’, on a near 20 year old car, seriously that’s an issue? ‘They’ll want a fortune for it because of the low k’s’, um possibly, possibly not, guess it depends on your definition of ‘fortune’. ‘Collecting Cars so you never know if your bid is a buying bid!’. As far as I’m aware once the banner ‘No Reserve’ appears the reserve is met and the highest bidder wins. Seems fairly transparent to me.

Thanks champ. My response was to ‘This seems like a very nice looking car if you’re after a tipcab. Low k’s too.’ and why I didn’t agree. Not to whether the issues could be fixed. And I’m not the only one here who thinks non transparent sites such as Collecting Cars, Lloyds, etc are poor sites to try to buy from

On 14/11/2021 at 19:13, JLD said:

That’s all you got from that 😉🤣

Re " All this talk of $150k 997.1 gt3's. "  @cafe_racer is obviously  a skimmer  as one too many " 's "  and left out an "a" if he  quoted the facts.   I can't recall coming across at  least this decade and half of last decade a non WOVR 997.1GT3 and / or one without a shady history for under 150k (let alone one not tracked and with  full porsche dealer servicing stamps).    If the  's  was indeed the case, I would of quickly and easily gone cold turkey with the boost addiction and happily  put fried egg headlight ownership  behind me. 

28 minutes ago, tomo said:

Took a look at it when it appeared at the Healey Factory a few months back, overall the package looks really good with the tail, script, rims etc but just at a glance through the front windows the pasha definately stands out even from 4 or 5 metres

4 hours ago, tomo said:

Nice price hike from a year or so ago.

Nice car, yet I don't care what anyone says, $90k for a custom 996 tip is nuts

At the risk of provoking an unleashment from the peanut gallery, I need to free up funds for a pending house build and have decided to give Collecting Cars a go selling my C2 manual coupe 996. Reserve is in the mid 60’s. 

- Yes the IMS has been done

- No it doesn’t have full log book history prior to my ownership

- Yes I’ve recently spent about 9.5k (inc. IMS bearing) on big ticket items at Auto Art. I’m confident they’ll vouch it’s a well sorted example. 

- Yes the bumpers have been resprayed!

- Yes it drives beautifully and sounds great with the Cargraphic exhaust and ‘orange cap’ mod to the intake with BMC panel filter (original intake parts, inc new OEM filter and exhaust with sale)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-porsche-911-996-carrera-5

30 minutes ago, DT said:

At the risk of provoking an unleashment from the peanut gallery, I need to free up funds for a pending house build and have decided to give Collecting Cars a go selling my C2 manual coupe 996. Reserve is in the mid 60’s. 

- Yes the IMS has been done

- No it doesn’t have full log book history prior to my ownership

- Yes I’ve recently spent about 9.5k (inc. IMS bearing) on big ticket items at Auto Art. I’m confident they’ll vouch it’s a well sorted example. 

- Yes the bumpers have been resprayed!

- Yes it drives beautifully and sounds great with the Cargraphic exhaust and ‘orange cap’ mod to the intake with BMC panel filter (original intake parts, inc new OEM filter and exhaust with sale)

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1999-porsche-911-996-carrera-5

Looks nice!

Out of interest, why didn't you offer it up here for the price you're asking first? (not roasting)

2 minutes ago, JLD said:

Looks nice!

Out of interest, why didn't you offer it up here for the price you're asking first? (not roasting)

Hoping for a quick, fuss free sale. And who knows maybe I’ll get a bit more than I’m hoping! Or maybe not and I’ll end up having to keep it and not have a kitchen… I can live on takeaway…

Also, personally I like the Collecting Cars platform, I’m next to a Pagani that’s currently at 900,000 pounds, hoping some of the zeros fall off onto mine.

6 hours ago, DT said:

Yes the bumpers have been resprayed!

Honest question (not for OP), but I see this a lot about bumpers. Why does anyone care if any part of a 20yo car has been been resprayed? But particularly bumpers. Like, do an inspection, check inside the frunk etc for signs of a big shunt. But the respray itself shouldn’t be such a big deal. They’re literally a body panel designed to impact things. 

/end rant

Good luck with the sale @DT, I hope some of those zeros trickle down to yours!

1 hour ago, Sherpa said:

Honest question (not for OP), but I see this a lot about bumpers. Why does anyone care if any part of a 20yo car has been been resprayed? But particularly bumpers. Like, do an inspection, check inside the frunk etc for signs of a big shunt. But the respray itself shouldn’t be such a big deal. They’re literally a body panel designed to impact things. 

As much as I partly agree here, and I'm very FAR FAR from being fussy, yet if there's one thing I absolutely hate seeing is body panels (and bumpers) not being colour matched correctly. It just shows a lack of care by the paint shop to do a good job if you ask me.

A little hypocritical, as my backdate had probably 22 different shades of silver (nearly every panel was a different colour), though that's down to probably 12 after one side was painted after my stack, yet it's still the only thing that annoys me with my car which I hope to rectify one day...probably

5 minutes ago, LeeM said:

As much as I partly agree here, and I'm very FAR FAR from being fussy, yet if there's one thing I absolutely hate seeing is body panels (and bumpers) not being colour matched correctly. It just shows a lack of care by the paint shop to do a good job if you ask me.

A little hypocritical, as my backdate had probably 22 different shades of silver (nearly every panel was a different colour), though that's down to probably 12 after one side was painted after my stack, yet it's still the only thing that annoys me with my car which I hope to rectify one day...probably

I am wth you Lee, that if there are different colours all around the car that is not on, and I am also far from someone who is after originality. That said, I am with @Sherpa . I don't see what the issue with respraying a 20+ year old bumper on a car with over 100k on the clock, when done well and seamlessly matching the car. I am sure the same buyers would have knocked the same car if it still had a bumper covered in stone chips. I think some people are delusional and are looking for a car to look at in the garage but never drive for fear of it getting rained on. I think those buyers would be better off with the other prancing horse ;)

I went to a car show at several Mclaren Valley wineries. Different makes at different wineries. There was a stunning Packard, fully restored at great expense. It had stone chips on the front, not many but enough to tell me that it had been driven as intended. Vindicated me not to stress over having my 997 re sprayed at the front. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/01/2022 at 15:50, kov said:

There was one advertised at a dealer pre covid with no pics that sold in a day. Circa mid 70’s with under 100k on the clock 

About four or five years ago there were two advertised at the same time. In the 60k region if memory serves me correctly.

• 2 weeks later...