Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

On 16/03/2020 at 18:34, Airhead said:

Did you use water based paint just in case?

It's all over full wrap so if I have a change of heart I can get it removed.  Edit - was assured the paint applied to the wrap won't have an impact on the paint underneath.  Time will tell I guess.

On 16/03/2020 at 13:30, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Following on from @Skidmarks enhancements on the 912/6 (looks great) I've embarked on a new look for an old warhorse - going hippychick for a while.  I'm sure some won't approve but I'm loving it.  Hand spray on white wrap so easy to alter should I have a change of heart.

untitled_48.jpg

untitled_47.jpg

untitled_53.jpg

untitled_50.jpg

I saw this at Cavaco’s a little while back. Love it - well done. 

Where did I drive my Porsche today?  

Nowhere.  That's right, no-fkng-anywhere!

Damn you Covid-19.

I did back it out of the garage for a wash, shampoo & vacuum....... then drove forward 5 metres, back into the garage.  

I sat in the garage and admired the shape, curves, and the piece of artwork that it is. My wife doesn't understand it, nor does my daughter....... but if you're reading this........you get it, don't you?

OK, so it's a first-world-problem, but this really sucks..........a spirited drive on the weekend through the Adelaide hills in my P-Car is my stress relief.  It's my time alone......no staff or client demands, no family responsibilities, nothing, ...... just me and some twisty black stuff and an awesome machine to enjoy it in.

I refuse to do yoga, I don't like reading fiction, sick of TV,............. so if anyone needs me, I'll be in the garage.......... admiring my Pcar and hitting that PFA button on the iPad.  

We're in this together folks - please help keep me sane over these coming months, PFA'ers!! I will do my best to contribute, and do the same for all of you.

Thanks @LeeM & @hugh ..... I get what you’re saying ....but having trouble reconciling this with ScoMo’s instruction to cease unnecessary travel..... stay home unless food shopping, medical appointment, work, etc.

I know there’s an argument there, but not sure it is in the spirit of what those front-line health workers would expect & probably deserve. 

Fair point @Rick V 

I s'pose the way I see it, is that you're not doing any harm to anyone being isolated in your car in the hills, as that's probably the best place for all of us to be able to distance ourselves from others. Fair enough we should be chastised if we're out and about in a group sitting around with a coffee etc, yet to keep us all sane we need to get out a bit. 

I personally don't have a choice to be out if I want to keep working, and as I'm in and out of housing trust and other homes daily, I dare say I'm at risk every day and are now forced to wear a mask at all times, yet to those of you who are stuck in an office all day, you need some Vitamin D...or Vitamin P in this instance 😁

Go for a drive mate, it sounds like you need it 👍

23 minutes ago, Rick V said:

Cheers @LeeM, my shout at Uraidla cafe when we next get up there 👍

👍  

And knowing how panicked my bosses are at the moment, I don't envy your position. Hope it all works out for you and your team 👍

I’m still driving. And I’m seeing plenty of others out too. Motorbikes especially. Saw a couple of 911s yesterday near Cudlee Creek so it’s not just me. I just don’t get out of my car.

The other day a few of us had a great 3 hour run. All stayed in our cars and used walkie-talkies to say hello, work out route, chat afterwards for a bit and say goodbye.  No passengers, we had a great time. As long as I’m causing no harm and I’m not breaking the law, I’ll keep doing it. It’s good for my mental health and for the family’s sanity too.

30 minutes ago, Shedpest said:

Got out Saturday arvo for blast, absolutely loving this isolation/lock-down, saw about 10 cars on the road on the 80km loop.

Then backed it up Sunday and  took the old snotty Italians out.

IMG_3726.JPG

Good to see Even the bikes are taking the social distancing seriously...:P

11 hours ago, Rick V said:

Thanks @LeeM & @hugh ..... I get what you’re saying ....but having trouble reconciling this with ScoMo’s instruction to cease unnecessary travel..... stay home unless food shopping, medical appointment, work, etc.

I know there’s an argument there, but not sure it is in the spirit of what those front-line health workers would expect & probably deserve. 

I've left home 3 x times in the last 2 weeks, each instance it has been for exercise. 

My typical weekly routine involves being on a bicycle 3-4 times a week and I'm with a PT for an hour x 2 a week. Whilst I have adapted my typical exercise routine to work within the confines of home (just finished an online live 1 on 1 video session with my PT!) there comes a time when for my own sake (more mentally than anything) I need to get out and blow off some steam.

Like a lot of people, exercise is a critical part of my lifestyle and as I see it the Government acknowledges this, hence why they are allowing exercise in a maximum group of 2 x people - I've been going one better and doing it solo. 

I totally understand where you are coming from in terms of heath workers, both of my wife's parents are medical professionals and I have plenty of good friends in the industry - I definitely don't want to be someone contributing to the problem and doing the socially unacceptable thing. I've still felt guilty leaving the home in each instance but in listening to the live update last night, this is still allowed and I believe this is due to the strong emphasis of stable metal and physical health. 

Truth be told, if the current situation makes people get out and start exercising more then the health of the general population would be drastically improved. The measures in place to do this responsibly and safely are very clear and in most instances very easy to adopt. 

I did notice yesterday on my way home a massive line outside the local Bunning's store and that is precisely the situation you should be avoiding - some people will never get it. But to what seems to be the majority of people (thankfully), most seem to be doing the responsible thing and adapting accordingly. 

If any good is to come out of this current situation is that people get some time to reset and re-evaluate their time priorities. More quality time at home with the family, more time to exercise and eat well - basic stuff that a lot of people tend to neglect in the hustle of life these days. The healthier you are the less likely you are to get sick, and if you do happen to get sick you are more likely to recover better and quicker.

5 hours ago, mhh said:

The other day a few of us had a great 3 hour run. All stayed in our cars and used walkie-talkies to say hello, work out route, chat afterwards for a bit and say goodbye.  No passengers, we had a great time. As long as I’m causing no harm and I’m not breaking the law, I’ll keep doing it. It’s good for my mental health and for the family’s sanity too.

^^^ This! 

I live in the hills so driving the twisties are at my door step. But I'm with @Rick V and not taking a Porsche out - even though I wanted too last Sat. Just think its not a good look.

On the couple of short trips I've done to the shops to get stuff I've seen LOTS of cyclist on the road during the week. Not something you normally see on a week day so that tells me that many people are not working at their place of employment, but possibly working from home. 😀

On 30/03/2020 at 19:11, Airhead said:

I live in the hills so driving the twisties are at my door step. But I'm with @Rick V and not taking a Porsche out - even though I wanted too last Sat. Just think its not a good look.

On the couple of short trips I've done to the shops to get stuff I've seen LOTS of cyclist on the road during the week. Not something you normally see on a week day so that tells me that many people are not working at their place of employment, but possibly working from home. 😀

Bet you most of the cyclists are in groups of more than 2........

Things are changing quickly and I'm thinking here in Vic we are not allowed to drive anywhere for the sake of it :unsure:.  I have read the Vic Gov directives that came into affect midnight Monday which state you "must not leave the premises" unless it is for the published 5 allowable reasons.  It's not may or a recommendation, it's must not and under a State of Emergency I expect Law. 

There is obviously still traffic on the road and I think if you have a 996 or later you could cruise under the radar.  For the older models, I think they might attract a bit too much attention, especially on weekends or after hours :(.  IMO, I think inside a car is fine but I suppose they need a blanket rule so that they don't need to define all the situations people would like to drill down into.

I think I'm lucky enough to still be working on site in a small business, it's a 40min drive each way so next week when the sun comes back out I'm considering taking them for a blast.  Driving to work can be therapeutic!

Yes, new media release this morning states very clearly amongst other things some new laws now, no leaving the home for anything recreational (except exercise) like "hobbies" etc etc. Glad I got a short drive in yesterday so now I'll only be driving to my psychiatrist :Speechless: 

15 minutes ago, StevepGT3 said:

After dropping off jobs on Wednesday afternoon I was really surprised just how much traffic was on the eastern freeway, looked more normal than quarantine 

Been a while since you battled commuter traffic Stevo...

As per my earlier post, I've probably taken a pretty conservative approach and haven't had the Pcar out for a few weeks now........But apparently I can still go out in the boat and catch fish, because (at least in SA) catching fish for food is considered an essential reason for being out of the home.

Only problem now is i can only have one person (outside of family) join me, so I have to chose which mate to take (clearly the one who catches the most fish and doesn't mind being the anchor-wench!).

So if the wife wants to sun-bake with a champagne, she has to hold a fishing rod in the other hand....

Not sure if it is actually the case or not ( @TwoHeadsTas may be able to confirm/deny), but I was told that in Tasmania the authorities are stopping drivers roadside to see if they are out for essential travel or not.