Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

40 minutes ago, Stepo said:

I think there'll be plenty of enthusiasts in Vic visiting there long distance relatives this weekend...…….even if they're not a home :Jumping:

I'm heading the back way to Mallacoota for a 50 metre hike and then pop over to Eden for the night at the Twofold then a day of fishing:Passusabeer:

A small group us went across the Reefton Spur very early this morning, slippery in sections and black ice at the top. We were all Ok, but sadly for a lone BMW driver when he hit the ice he was off, he wasn't hurt but his car went down. Luckily a large tree fern stopped him from rolling over and going to far down. We gave him a lift to Marysville so he could call a tow truck.

Was nice to get out, looking forward to a bigger group next time.

IMG_2315.JPG

IMG_2314.JPG

IMG_2317.JPG

IMG_2319.JPG

1 hour ago, TINGY996 said:

Drove to Sydney today, the roads are so quiet i had a nice trip in the 996, good to stretch it's legs a bit.

Which way? highway or back way through Yarramalong, Kilnura, Wisemans. 
Warren

Did an early run on Sunday to Saddles via wisemans ferry. 15 cars, a real mix, 3 Porsches, mclaren, 2 rs6 wagons, 1  lambo, GTS AMG and 8 Ferrari's. Certainly the slowest boarding of the punt I have seen for a while 🤑

Met up with Mike and Larissa from  SPYDER AUTOMOBILES, at SMACCAS in East Doncaster, where we were soon joined by a few more cars.  

Those cars included a few  impressive Beemers, a 370Z with twin turbos, a Ford Focus Turbo,  a thirsty Merc, a couple of 911's and a 944.  

We left Doncaster and ended up in Marysville for the obligatory pie and coffee, around 190 k or thereabouts.    

Lots of pushbikes. greys skies, coupled with bright sun glare, a bit of drizzle, damp roads, and even a timber jinker.  

But even with those hurdles it was great to get out and enjoy the cars and the freedom.

The BBC performed perfectly as per normal....

Thanks Mike and the crew.

IMG_6428.thumb.jpeg.7ca5f4ff206c8965dfccf97f45094d66.jpegIMG_6441.thumb.jpeg.785ba025b4abd463dc4cf2f571cf2f78.jpegIMG_6427.thumb.jpeg.5ddfb0e55ba3e8325fcf583d582e0ae2.jpegIMG_6451.thumb.jpeg.f9e043cedec48e18fea20c3b013e6c02.jpeg

On 27/05/2020 at 19:35, SWC3.0 said:

Went  for a drive down the Mornington Peninsula today, had an errand to run down that way.

Managed a detour and a couple of circuits of Sven’s Private race track.

Didnt  stop for any pics

Heres a pic in the office car park instead.

EAC562A3-BECB-4596-9409-5E128094B61F.jpeg

Thanks Hugh

Sure is, have been quietly enjoying it for the past 18 months, have made  a few little mods but nothing major, mainly cosmetic, including the side scripts, some interior trim items , period radio, correct steering wheel, a bit of engine tidy up.

Chris did a lot of good work on it, it handles like a treat.

Sven had it painted and put the 930 brakes on it.

Thank Hugh

Yes that’s correct ,  no air conditioning was a bit too much for the Cairns climate I think.

Most of my drives are from Melbs north to the Ranges ( Kinglake / Healesville) and a few interesting roads back through to strath creek and Broadford way.

but will be getting down your way more frequently.

What are you driving these days?  The red C3?

4 minutes ago, SWC3.0 said:

Thank Hugh

Yes that’s correct ,  no air conditioning was a bit too much for the Cairns climate I think.

Most of my drives are from Melbs north to the Ranges ( Kinglake / Healesville) and a few interesting roads back through to strath creek and Broadford way.

but will be getting down your way more frequently.

What are you driving these days?  The red C3?

Lovely roads out north. We have some nice roads down here but the speed limits are low and it’s hard to get a quiet road sometimes (especially if the suns out!) Be sure to sing out when your heading down, be great to catch up. 

I spend the most time in my 65 912, it’s my go to car for most errands. The C3 is overdue for some exercise, it’s had a pretty eventful few years of Motorsport though and is due for a bit of a birthday. I’m also looking forward to putting more kms on the GT3, @Skidmarks is a good influence in that regard. 

Hopefully post Covid we can arrange some meets. 

If you get out early (like most regions) the roads out north / north east are great.

I enjoyed the detour yesterday and definitely look forward to being able to get out more often maybe from 1 June for us from VIC?

C3 is my only P car,  so easy for me to choose. how do you and @Skidmarks figure out which one you are going  to drive?

13 hours ago, SWC3.0 said:

C3 is my only P car,  so easy for me to choose. how do you and @Skidmarks figure out which one you are going  to drive?

I'm guessing skids has some type of spreadsheet that enables him to analyse the data that determines the car he will drive on that day.