Spotted Thread

Spotted new Taycan on Ormond Rd last night, heading towards North Road.  He must have spotted me behind him at a set of lights and decided to hit the "GO" button.  Felt like he was saying to me, "hey you driving old tech, have a gander at this new tech".  You could hear the motors spool up like nothing I have heard before, then he was gone.  My wife commented on the noise it made.  Followed him until he turned off heading towards Brighton.  Looked nice in the flesh too.  I was impressed.  The noise it made was something special, can't describe it with words.  Was loud too.

13 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

Spotted new Taycan on Ormond Rd last night, heading towards North Road.  He must have spotted me behind mim at a set of lights and decided to hit the "GO" button.  Felt like he was saying to me, "hey you driving old tech, have a gander at this new tech".  You could hear the motors spool up like nothing I have heard before, then he was gone.  My wife commented on the noise it made.  Followed him until he turned off heading towards Brighton.  Looked nice in the flesh too.  I was impressed.  The noise it made was something special, can't describe it with words.  Was loud too.

The spooling up is the "Electric Sport Sound" file that comes with the car. I took the Turbo out on Saturday and was impressed with the car. It certainly performed well and certainly drove nice and flat. Acceleration could only be on par with the 911 Turbo S I would say. The rolling acceleration is neck snapping but at the end of the day as a party trick you would only be doing that every so often to injure your passengers. I think the Audi etron GT will be the pick of the bunch and as Chris Harris said its a Taycan in nicer clothes ;)

image.thumb.png.eb28d3d243e8b54c811fabc6d2940765.png

1 hour ago, Stepo said:

That sound does nothing for me, no doubt a fast car and a sign of things to come but give me old porker tech any day of the week.

The noise is ridiculous and I totally agree, it does nothing for me too. The girls thought it was funny and related to Star Wars but thats where it ended. 

Saw a Taycan when staging for Adelaide Rally. Had to have a second look as there was noise coming out of it. Not entirely sold on the sound but was surprised at the volume. 

• 2 weeks later...

Probably because they've had the experience of someones lack of ability to open their door without touching the next car. 

Agreed they're not giving Porkas a great reputation, but I've seen people rest their door on the next car and when they sit down the weight rubs the door up and down on your pride an joy..........they think this is just fine, not like they banged it into your car :wacko:

I think parking like this clown deserves a spray. Just because he/she has a nice car doesn't give them the right to make it inconvenient for others. Saying that, every carpark I go into has a Camry or Kia Carnival parked on an angle, so its not just exotics doing it

Shit bit of parking is that no matter what car you drive although I’m guessing we’ve all had experience of people not giving a shit and banging your pride and joy when they get in and out of their cars.

Geeze I hear what he is trying to say, I always  try and park correctly  and out of the  way, But arrh no come back to get in the car and there is  2 Useless Pos 4 wheel drives Jamned in either side of me I just don't get it.

stopped in at Richmonds and saw my first and only RS 4.0. Over a million and it’s mine or yours. Probably yours as I don’t have that kind of cash to drop on a car! Lovely 911 though and only 9000kms. 

2D853FEF-C6EC-4026-9615-E913E2CD79A0.jpeg

96E65B54-BA37-405E-B357-9F5DB676CBA0.jpeg

Edited by sjm
Better image resolution

• 4 weeks later...