probably exchange rate related though - there is a step in price changes because a lot of invoicing is done on the previous stock, and not price adjusted to the floating exchange rate.

That said, Australia is the land of the duopoly and the gouging middle man.

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

So I'm at Bunnings wanting to grab some drill bits, saw blade and other stuff for work, and noticed a lot of their stock prices seem to have increased again within the past two weeks (I'm there a few times a day for work, so I notice it more than most, and we have SA's largest business account I'm told spending $30-40k/month, yet I buy most of my own disposable items and tools).

I wanted (need) a right angle attachment for my drill to access tight spaces, and just last week they were $52.95 which I thought is ridiculous, yet today they're $64.95. What the? Bluetooth earmuffs (bloody handy) were $59 now $69. Drill bits were 50% dearer, flushing tools dearer, I even noticed some materials I buy for work every day have increased quite a bit just this week! I asked the bloke I know there (long term employee) what's going on, and he advised there is another round of increases coming up in the next month.

I left there and went to Adelaide Tools (no affiliation) and saved over $40 AND got more drill bits, so they'll be getting my business from now on. I know its handy for most people, yet it seems Bunnings are really cashing in on the current situation, so if you need tools or whatever, try your local hardware store instead. 

Hey Lee,  I thought Bunnings bought out Adelaide Tools a few months ago?   Maybe they will price match soon 🙂

https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/hardware-giant-bunnings-buys-adelaide-tools-20191011-p52zsa

22 minutes ago, PhilH said:

Hey Lee,  I thought Bunnings bought out Adelaide Tools a few months ago?   Maybe they will price match soon 🙂

https://www.afr.com/companies/retail/hardware-giant-bunnings-buys-adelaide-tools-20191011-p52zsa

😂 Well bugger me! Will have to keep an eye on their prices now I s'pose 🙄

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is really pathetic/angry old man shit, but what irks me? 

When you're turning right/left into a two lane road, and people drift over to the outside lane instead of keeping to the nearest lane where they're supposed to be. Fair enough trucks and cyclists do it, but cars and motorcycles? 😡

I spoke to a traffic cop about it to get some clarification, and he said he's been fining a few lately for not indicating during a lane change 👍😁

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

I know this is really pathetic/angry old man shit, but what irks me? 

When you're turning right/left into a two lane road, and people drift over to the outside lane instead of keeping to the nearest lane where they're supposed to be. Fair enough trucks and cyclists do it, but cars and motorcycles? 😡

I spoke to a traffic cop about it to get some clarification, and he said he's been fining a few lately for not indicating during a lane change 👍😁

@LeeM I reckon you just post sh*t in this thread to get your post count up.  😊😊  I think I was ahead of you for about 5 minutes last week in the popular contributors count😎

9 hours ago, OZ930 said:

When turning from a single lane to a multi lane you can turn into either lane, subject to traffic of course.

I had a quick look at SA regs, yet its too hard at the moment 😁 👍 I don't do it unless I indicate which I never see, so the vent stands 😁

@TwoHeadsTas Nah mate, just bored and wanted a whinge 

Another whinge...

So it's fine for the governments to approve a demonstration of a few thousand people where no 'social distancing' will be respected, yet attending the funeral of a loved one is frowned upon. Dickheads

54 minutes ago, LeeM said:

I had a quick look at SA regs, yet its too hard at the moment 😁 👍 I don't do it unless I indicate which I never see, so the vent stands 😁

@TwoHeadsTas Nah mate, just bored and wanted a whinge 

Another whinge...

So it's fine for the governments to approve a demonstration of a few thousand people where no 'social distancing' will be respected, yet attending the funeral of a loved one is frowned upon. Dickheads

A demonstration is a demonstration that is the point . You don’t need approval.

I followed someone into a roundabout yesterday  in fact three of them 

On every occasion she indicated right  on entry and then indicated left on exit always existing on the first exit .

It was very confusing for everyone 

3 hours ago, wilson59 said:

A demonstration is a demonstration that is the point . You don’t need approval.

So why is the head cop 'approving' it here when in NSW the premier has done a backflip saying its now illegal? 

Bet if more than 50 people attended a loved ones funeral, the cops would start fining people for the lack of social distancing. What a farcical load of shit 

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

So why is the head cop 'approving' it here when in NSW the premier has done a backflip saying its now illegal? 

Bet if more than 50 people attended a loved ones funeral, the cops would start fining people for the lack of social distancing. What a farcical load of shit 

Better to approve something that is going to happen anyway .If people want to protest it is better to work with them than against them it is just common sense.

Keep in mind we are in a better position with Covid 19 than other states . No active cases for some time now   

You got a funeral you were put on the B list and your itching to attend ? 

It's been proved that a yelling person's spit is projected further. 

Num nuts wanna put us back in lock down. Every life matters. Apparently nurse's and doctors lives matter less though. 

If you really believe lives matter, get directly involved at the coal face with practical help/love.

Fkn empty gestures. 

5 minutes ago, firstone said:

It's been proved that a yelling person's spit is projected further. 

Num nuts wanna put us back in lock down. Every life matters. Apparently nurse's and doctors lives matter less though. 

If you really believe lives matter, get directly involved at the coal face with practical help/love.

Fkn empty gestures. 

Let’s watch this space . Will see how the permanently upset get today .

You going Lee ? 

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

As they won`t be socially distancing they should be herded into the MCG and locked down for two weeks and not allowed out until they are tested 

👍. Nah Steve, Victoria Park, home of the toothless brainless ferrel spitting pack animal - and not ever allowed out!

3 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

👍. Nah Steve, Victoria Park, home of the toothless brainless ferrel spitting pack animal - and not ever allowed out!

Would solve 2 problems at once, the footy gets a crowd, and the protesters have to watch footy as punishment 

Ok I'm not in the habit of shaming other Porsche drivers but in this case I really hope this f@#king idiot is a PFA member and he reads this.

I'm in O'connell st, North Adelaide driving my 928 waiting for the lights to change. Along comes a dark blue 3.2 911, number plate SLY 911 and he stops in the left hand turn lane (with arrow showing only a left hand turn ). I was about to put the window down to say g'day when the lights change and he takes off like a bat out of hell and cuts in front of me narrowly missing the parked cars in front of him.

Now normally this wouldn't bother me, I would just shake my head at what a f@#king wanker this bloke is but he did it in front of a lot of people standing at the corner and in light of recent events in Victoria it doesn't help with our public image.

So if you are the idiot who was driving I really hope you feel shamed  and feel free to approach me if you see me at an event if you feel aggrieved.

You f@#king wanker !!!

Sorry guys I had to get that off my chest.

Mods. if this post is a bit over the top please action as necessary.

21 hours ago, 3legs said:

Ok I'm not in the habit of shaming other Porsche drivers but in this case I really hope this f@#king idiot is a PFA member and he reads this.

I'm in O'connell st, North Adelaide driving my 928 waiting for the lights to change. Along comes a dark blue 3.2 911, number plate SLY 911 and he stops in the left hand turn lane (with arrow showing only a left hand turn ). I was about to put the window down to say g'day when the lights change and he takes off like a bat out of hell and cuts in front of me narrowly missing the parked cars in front of him.

Now normally this wouldn't bother me, I would just shake my head at what a f@#king wanker this bloke is but he did it in front of a lot of people standing at the corner and in light of recent events in Victoria it doesn't help with our public image.

So if you are the idiot who was driving I really hope you feel shamed  and feel free to approach me if you see me at an event if you feel aggrieved.

You f@#king wanker !!!

Sorry guys I had to get that off my chest.

Mods. if this post is a bit over the top please action as necessary.

Being a wanker does not discriminate on what sort of car you drive .

I will see your wanker and raise you to complete dickhead .

Heading home from Middleton yesterday along the Southern Expressway .

Guy in a HQ Statesman big stupid bonnet scoop most likely BB Chev fitted .

He was sitting in the right hand lane sitting on 100 km/ h and every once in a while put his foot into it and light it up and get it sideways while doing a 100 km/ h it was leaving big skids on the road .

I was mildly impressed but wife was completely freaked out . She thought he was pretty sad when we got next him as he was an old bloke .