Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

12 hours ago, luzzo said:

There are lots Porsche Enthusiasts that love individual colours. Something that keeps it interesting, away from the Black, greys and silvers...  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2009/oag-ad-21182988?csn_atid=7e83961b-a756-4e28-856c-1c79ea38c411 

Maybe someone from Dubai spent some time here..?  I want to hate it, I really do. But something is drawing me back for a second, even third look. 

Kind of intrigued by the interior console treatment - I can only imagine what selecting the 'Macassar' options may have cost $$. 

It's kind of Wow.  But weird and way too Gold at the same time. 

If the wheels were dark charcoal it wouldn't be so in your face. I think I'd like it then!

18 hours ago, luzzo said:

There are lots Porsche Enthusiasts that love individual colours. Something that keeps it interesting, away from the Black, greys and silvers...  

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2009/oag-ad-21182988?csn_atid=7e83961b-a756-4e28-856c-1c79ea38c411 

Maybe someone from Dubai spent some time here..?  I want to hate it, I really do. But something is drawing me back for a second, even third look. 

Kind of intrigued by the interior console treatment - I can only imagine what selecting the 'Macassar' options may have cost $$. 

It's kind of Wow.  But weird and way too Gold at the same time. 

I like the Nordic gold metallic....it's orangey.....agree the wheels need color change to break up all that gold.......normal silver colour 4 spokes would look better imo

Wasserkul package prob cost $30k upwards🤑

On 20/10/2022 at 14:07, Peter M said:

Interesting '85 3.2 for auction at Shannons with a price estimate of $80,000 to $100,000

Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Coupe Auctions - Lot 245 - Shannons

I'm guessing it's been owned by a sheep farmer given it's evidently dirt road upbringing and the fact it comes with a set of sheepskin seat covers!

I can't make head nor tail of it as it's condition is um, perplexing.

The aerial on the roof annoys me. I'd imagine some rust lurking around there too. 

I saw this at Alex Holland yesterday. https://www.instagram.com/p/CkP7OvBpJEQ/ 1987, local car. G50 box.

220,000 km and $265,000. Very clean and totally stock except for the wheels which are 1" larger and a little deeper. Absolutely lovely car. Red on black and very clean.

I'm completely biased but these are brilliant to drive.

1 hour ago, on_booost said:

OUCH!

I can't access TYP 901 .....why the ouch!? What is the commentary on the RS 2.7

8 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

Oh.....I just read the commentary....rs experts Clyde and hugh are tearing it a new one.......DOUBLE OUCH!

5 hours ago, 911virgin said:

Oh.....I just read the commentary....rs experts Clyde and hugh are tearing it a new one.......DOUBLE OUCH!

Trainspotters. I read it as well the issues are hardly the crime of the century . Experts love being experts 

29 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Sure would . My issues would run a bit deeper than a bracket not painted black and a sticker in the wrong spot .

So should be good to go with the $2 Mil all the issues sound like easy fixes 

I actually do know someone who sold one recently it actually had the incorrect gearbox fitted but still pulled big bucks on it . Crazy 

What did that one sell for and when? 

It was an Oz sale?

16 hours ago, 901er said:

Not sure about you, but I’d still be interested to hear about all the issues they mentioned if I was about to drop $2m on it 

Agreed @901er

I wish them well with the sale.

if I were lucky enough to be a buyer I’d be doing my due diligence, and while small these points, and the comparison with the other car #746 ( which I was lucky enough to know well when I lived in Sydney) would be very helpful .

2 hours ago, reedminor said:

Agreed @901er

I wish them well with the sale.

if I were lucky enough to be a buyer I’d be doing my due diligence, and while small these points, and the comparison with the other car #746 ( which I was lucky enough to know well when I lived in Sydney) would be very helpful .

the prospective 2mill buyer of such a car is either going to be an anal/OCD porsche nerd who will want those identified issues rectified or they're a BSD multi millionaire who doesnt really care/doesnt sweat the small stuff and 2 mill is pocket change and they just want a beautiful condition /like new RS 2.7

18 hours ago, 911virgin said:

the prospective 2mill buyer of such a car is either going to be an anal/OCD porsche nerd who will want those identified issues rectified or they're a BSD multi millionaire who doesnt really care/doesnt sweat the small stuff and 2 mill is pocket change and they just want a beautiful condition /like new RS 2.7

Agree with the above - however I believe the issue taken is more the its been marketed as a "perfect correct resto" which according to the trainspotters it aint? 

Irrespective - way way way out of my league - I hope they get it AND it goes to a good home!

Given the money at stake here and the wild variance in price there can be depending on some key factors, I would be on the phone to my friend Kobus Cantraine @kobus_cantraine and get him on a plane down here to inspect.

Kobus is one of the worlds most knowledgeable guys on early model 911s (and especially 2.7s/2.8s) and is flown all around the world by prospective buyers to PPI cars. The cost of this would be minuscule to mitigate the risk compared what you might pay.  Especially considering, the market pricing on these cars is global, not local, so paying a fair global market price would be imperative. 

26 minutes ago, Joz said:

Couldn’t imagine driving one on public roads, bending it would have such an adverse effect on pricing from then on.

Saw a 250 GTO fanged up the hill multiple times during Goodwood 2019 .... the balls that takes (or more likely wallet).