18 hours ago, Lucky Phil said:

Really and I mean REALLY crap photos for the black one.  Just 1 blurry frontal shot of the car and then close up shots of other bits.  For me to look at a $350,000 car I would want to be at least tempted to want to see it with some sexy shots of the exterior

Wow.  What a stunner.  Now this one I do find interesting.

Brilliant car and set up amazingly . Lots of documented work done in recent times and brilliant previous owner too . This is the one that got away for me . 

C'mon guys, get real - its two hundred thousand dollars + ORC, (so + / - two ten thousand dollars) - you must be mad to spend that on a 30 year old Frankenstein piece of not a very well thought of car.....

Pretty tragic if you think its a good buy in the current economic climate!! 

15 minutes ago, Stephen Tinker said:

C'mon guys, get real - its two hundred thousand dollars + ORC, (so + / - two ten thousand dollars) - you must be mad to spend that on a 30 year old Frankenstein piece of not a very well thought of car.....

Pretty tragic if you think its a good buy in the current economic climate!! 

No one said it’s a good buy, just a cool car 😎

cant see anyone paying 200k

5 minutes ago, Arnage said:

It's a track hack.

Always the rule of thumb is originality that gets best dollar. It's the most expensive C2 I've seen & in my view $100k too much.

This may sound self serving but with 964’s I think unique builds (if well thought out) get good dollars. 

2 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

This may sound self serving but with 964’s I think unique builds (if well thought out) get good dollars. 

So this is a unique build & not a track car? Would you pay $200k?

Singers are the money Unicorn with 964, most else are just personalised cars lowering the cars real value. 

Some believe throwing $100 in mods/backdated equals $100+ out, usually the opposite is true with classic or close to classic cars today.

Truth be told 964’s are a very sweet spot for an AC 911, with some tasty mods they really are in a league of their own. This car appears to have had some considerable investment in all the right places so to someone wanting a proper hot 964 (admittedly a limited market) then this ticks a lot of boxes. 

Pricing seems ambitious but then again finding a clean 964 C2 and turning it into something like this wouldn’t be a cheap exercise either. 

I suspect it would be listed at a different price if not with a dealer, especially a high end dealer like CTS. That’s their job. 

I found my 964 C2 manual to be a bit heavy, a bit quiet, a bit slow and, well, a bit boring really which is why I didn't keep it very long.  I contemplated doing something like this but didn't pull the trigger.  There was a red one for sale on Porsche club vic website around that time that had similar track setup and was $75k which I thought was a bit pricey given I'd paid $51k for mine.......oh to have those days again.

If I was to buy another 964, it'd need to be lighter, more raw, noisier, tougher looking and faster - so this looks pretty good to me.  I agree that modifying from standard narrows the market and so diminishes the value so it's well over priced but if setup properly it would be a much more fun car to drive and own.  I'd have it for $100k 🤔

16 hours ago, Arnage said:

Some believe throwing $100 in mods/backdated equals $100+ out, usually the opposite is true with classic or close to classic cars today.

Of course that's true, and theres no argument from me with that, yet it does depend who you ask. Someone will make a much lesser offer and be a happy chappy when they've secured their perfect car

19 hours ago, Mike D'Silva said:

I think that car is FAR from a track 'hack'...

Agree for sure. The car presents well, aside from a bit of front end patina in line with its track life. According to the thick pile of invoices at CTS the previous (approx 15 years) owner has definitely not spared any expense. At face value all the mods appear to be well done, and the last invoice was $38k of engine work by PR Tech in May of this year.

At $200k it is a stretch for sure, but if it was priced at $150k it would have been sold prior to being loaded onto their website, as was on their floor for one or two weeks prior. Anyone who thinks they can buy this sort of car for $100k now is living in the past, no offence intended :)

My view is the car is a track car & nothing else. I have nothing against it at all & have know doubt the owner lavished cash on it probably because it's been chased around race tracks, I'm sure it would be a hoot to drive.

CTS (same dealer) also have  couple of 964 cars for sale as well as this one, both very factory original, a C4 (1990) manual $126k & a 30 Jarhe anniversary (1993) wide body car at $176k only 911 made. 

My point being that why should a bastardised track car have a sticker price well above solid original cars. 

Answers on a postcard to PFA

50 minutes ago, Arnage said:

My view is the car is a track car & nothing else. I have nothing against it at all & have know doubt the owner lavished cash on it probably because it's been chased around race tracks, I'm sure it would be a hoot to drive.

CTS (same dealer) also have  couple of 964 cars for sale as well as this one, both very factory original, a C4 (1990) manual $126k & a 30 Jarhe anniversary (1993) wide body car at $176k only 911 made. 

My point being that why should a bastardised track car have a sticker price well above solid original cars. 

Some may see it as “Bastardised”, others may see it as “enhanced”. It’s the difference between collectors and enthusiasts. Again, the asking price is ambitious but the buyer for this car isn’t looking or comparing to an original car so I’d expect it to be judged (valued?) on its own merit. Desktop assessment I suspect wouldn’t do such a car justice either. 

9 hours ago, hugh said:

Some may see it as “Bastardised”, others may see it as “enhanced”. It’s the difference between collectors and enthusiasts. Again, the asking price is ambitious but the buyer for this car isn’t looking or comparing to an original car so I’d expect it to be judged (valued?) on its own merit. Desktop assessment I suspect wouldn’t do such a car justice either. 

Looks like we agree about its ambitious price.

Desktop assessing is our job on threads such as this😀

On 10/10/2019 at 20:39, 901er said:

Looks to be one tough 964. Thoughts? 

https://classicthrottleshop.com/1990-porsche-911-964-carrera-2/

11CFD619-CE83-492D-AE53-E560A1704A3B.png

This car was sold some time last year if memory serves me for around 130k. It didnt last long on car sales... Now I know where it went.

On 12 October 2019 at 18:26, Burgerman said:

Anyone who thinks they can buy this sort of car for $100k now is living in the past, no offence intended :)

Noone said they could buy it for $100k 🤔

I have no doubt others caught up in the 964 hype will pay a lot more than I would.

I feel the market bipolar with regards these cars , my own experience with modded cars .. just terrible , it’s a very very picky market , full of wankers who talk all the mod and tech lingo but end up talking  about investment , I’m not sure those thought paths meet or rarely 

Most of my conversations turned from technical prowess and admiration to a negative to me , negotiation position when it came to money .

You would be crazy but to not buy a 993 at these prices and I suggest mod it and have a big pile of Petrol chips over so you could drive it endlessly .. 

No offence to some amazing builds that have been documented so well on this forum of 964 and others but, I still question the term Hotrod or Outlaw ... many of the customised cars I see simply don’t cut it in the handling and performance stakes . 

If you wanna throw 200k at hot,  for fuch sake buy a GT3 and soften it off and put a plush leather interior and good stereo 

I would pay 10k over market for a white 964 though

On 12/10/2019 at 21:55, Arnage said:

Because it actually represents a discount to anyone considering undertaking a project of their own. They could either buy a stocker for a small fortune, then spend another small fortune modding it, or they could buy something like that one. Niche market, but it's there.

On 17/10/2019 at 13:43, symsy said:

I feel the market bipolar with regards these cars , my own experience with modded cars .. just terrible , it’s a very very picky market , full of wankers who talk all the mod and tech lingo but end up talking  about investment , I’m not sure those thought paths meet or rarely 

Most of my conversations turned from technical prowess and admiration to a negative to me , negotiation position when it came to money .

You would be crazy but to not buy a 993 at these prices and I suggest mod it and have a big pile of Petrol chips over so you could drive it endlessly .. 

No offence to some amazing builds that have been documented so well on this forum of 964 and others but, I still question the term Hotrod or Outlaw ... many of the customised cars I see simply don’t cut it in the handling and performance stakes . 

If you wanna throw 200k at hot,  for fuch sake buy a GT3 and soften it off and put a plush leather interior and good stereo 

I would pay 10k over market for a white 964 though

Do you need 200k to throw at hot?  Seemed to be a pretty clean low km  997.1 gt3 in perth advertised at  150k for a quick offload (with perhaps even a slight discount to asking price ) a couple of months back.  5k for servicing / nuance  fixes and for me in terms if wanker talk whats wrong with  a sharkwerks tune, Kline valvtronic exhaust with 100 cel cats and some ohlins road and track coilovers to soften it off as you say  or  raise it up or down.  Isn't that  about $170k and then add 10k for near term consumables / missteps on a ppi or a comfy drivers seat).  Forgot to mention didn't need the extra  10k premium for colour  either ( it was white). In terms of investment and that wanker  talk, about a day on a hoist and a bit of rewiring to  bring it back to stock as I see it if ever inclined to do so.

Havent driven either  but  hard to imagine any N/A 964 ( even a singer at circa 500hp) matching a tweaked 997 in the performance and handling stakes if one was restricted to one garage spot for that week end NA alrounder for that  spin around the extended block.