What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

3 hours ago, Dreamr said:

So ... the day after I bought the 996 C4S, I noticed that with the door open, the window would go back up the little notch usually done after you close the door. Turns out a micro-switch in the door actuator gave way and wasn't registering the door open.

Got myself a replacement actuator and spent a couple of hours fitting it. Now works like it should ... it's definitely the little wins that matter! ..

There goes the warranty...😝

Bored, I've been wanting to paint the Ronal rims white for ages, so I lashed out on a $24 can of that plastic paint stuff incase I didn't like it so I could peel it off. More runs than Don Bradman on a good day, but I love the look. Will do it a bit better eventually

20200816-093836.jpgpic uploader

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

was editing mate. There now.

Andy, Obviously the 964 is surplus to your requirements now so you can sell it to me with a clear conscience. Ahhh Green 964, come home now 👏👏👏👏😂

37 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Three stage paint correction on my new (to me) 2012 C2S. Black paint was in pretty bad shape, with swirls that showed extremely poor washing practices. First time doing a correction but was well pleased with the results...

Before...

1154283317_ScreenShot2020-08-31at6_40_36pm.thumb.png.9382ee1923ce4dc418097baf33d858d0.png

1038591541_ScreenShot2020-08-31at6_40_36pm.thumb.png.c3f5434fee5b9ad23e31c8ea8113f2aa.png

After...

1579474804_ScreenShot2020-08-31at6_40_48pm.thumb.png.be2cfd51c22c0d78e601cf1c1bb1113a.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.40.54 pm.png

Nice work I’ll bring home my smart roadster over and can bring the scones 

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

Three stage paint correction on my new (to me) 2012 C2S. Black paint was in pretty bad shape, with swirls that showed extremely poor washing practices. First time doing a correction but was well pleased with the results...

Before...

1038591541_ScreenShot2020-08-31at6_40_36pm.thumb.png.c3f5434fee5b9ad23e31c8ea8113f2aa.png

After...

Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 6.40.54 pm.png

How satisfying is it when you get a finish like that? That looks sensational

1 hour ago, Andy73 said:

That looks fantastic! ...

I’m happy to risk getting Covid if you want to pop up and do the same to my black car .. :cool07:

1 hour ago, GC9911 said:

Andy, Obviously the 964 is surplus to your requirements now so you can sell it to me with a clear conscience. Ahhh Green 964, come home now 👏👏👏👏😂

hahah

25 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

@Andy73 Who did the work Andy?

Me mate. First time doing paint correction. Bought a Rupes Bigfoot, watched a bunch of Larry Kosilla videos and got to work. Can’t believe how effective it was. 

Oh here’s how the whole car looks...

3883C9B7-6C6D-447E-A406-A5632C019F18.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Me mate. First time doing paint correction. Bought a Rupes Bigfoot, watched a bunch of Larry Kosilla videos and got to work. Can’t believe how effective it was. 

Great work!

Extra credit for doing a first time paint correction on a black Porsche, I started on my track car before I graduated to doing nice stuff because I was too nervous 🤣

What Compound/Polish did you use?

46 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

hahah

YVx87lN.jpg

Slammed. 

1 hour ago, hugh said:

YVx87lN.jpg

Slammed. 

Love it. Sadly, as a daily, gotta go with factory ride height. 

2 hours ago, rego said:

Great work!

Extra credit for doing a first time paint correction on a black Porsche, I started on my track car before I graduated to doing nice stuff because I was too nervous 🤣

What Compound/Polish did you use?

All Rupes. The coarser compound, a combination cut and finish and then UN1 for protection and depth. Slapped on a coat of Autoglym HD wax at the end for good measure. 

4 hours ago, Andy73 said:

Black cars are even tough for professionals to paint correct.

Kudos to you for achieving a great result on a black car for a first time effort  👏

9 hours ago, luzzo said:

Black cars are even tough for professionals to paint correct.

Kudos to you for achieving a great result on a black car for a first time effort  👏

I did think about going to a body shop and getting an old door or bonnet to practice on but then decided to just jump in the deep end!

8 minutes ago, Lucky Phil said:

@Andy73Which Rupes did you buy (15 or 21?) and where from.  I was thinking of getting a 15.  It comes in a kit for around a thousand.

Got the Bigfoot LHR 15 from Ultimate Finish in the UK. It’s a full kit with colour coded compounds and pads etc. For general detailing it’s probably overkill but brilliant for correction. My 964 has a few areas which I’ll correct with it.