What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

42 minutes ago, Raven said:

Yes looking to upgrade to 4.0 GT3 early next year if my rural property sells ,,,,,,fingers crossed :Beer:

Been a fantastic car that one ,,thoroughly enjoyed the past 5 years of ownership ...

I hope everything works out for you, nice upgrade.

Going by how neat everything is in the pics you have posted of your garage, no doubt the 997 has been well cared for and of course it’s in the best colour, GLWS

Well, not with the Porsche but the trailer used to transport them from time to time ...

Let this be a lesson to all those who use a trailer to move the P car.

I had the chance to grab the trailer and bring it home as I thought it was time I looked at bearings and “stuff”.

I’d been hearing a funny noise from the RH rear.  So off comes the wheel ...  grease cap loose inside the wheel centre.  Not a good start.  Off comes the drum brake and out falls the electric brake magnet looking like it’s gone 15 rounds with Mike Tyson.  Bearings were good but the magnet was rooted.  eBay here we come ... need a brake lever arm as well it seems.

Did the same for the other 3 wheels and bugger me but 2 of the tyres had split on the inner side wall casing - still inflated but must have been barely hanging in there.  One of the rims had a hit as well and had the big ding in the lip.  She’s the spare then ...

The trailer is a ripper - Tilta tandem air bag jobby. It’s the ducks guts to tow.  However, it runs 195/50 13 tyres.  On line search. Nil.  Fark!

Standing back I had to admit I was fairly dark on myself for not having a good and regular look at the thing that spends a lot of time moving around the kids inheritance.

So - check your trailer.  I was lucky.  

Bonded the door windows in place on the Fitzgerald cup, tricky job but got it done...  special thanks to @spiller for organising the delivery of the new windows  

Now just need to wait for this lockdown to finish & get the new front & rear windscreens installed 

IMG-7933.jpg

On 05/10/2020 at 17:57, Raven said:

Gave my 997 S a good detail today in preparation to place the car for sale in the coming weeks :Jumping:

IMG-5045.jpg

IMG-5047.jpg

Bloody hell that looks glorious!!

Decided to give the 964 a two stage paint correction. Wouldn't want to do it for a living but I was surprised how forgiving the Rupes Bigfoot was on 30 year old paint. The car came up beautifully. Not surprisingly, I decided to make a video...

I fixed the rear spoiler on my 993. It was no longer moving, neither automatically or manually. I pulled the motor apart and the bearing at the end of the shaft was seized. A few minutes soaking and then re-lubricating and it's back working again. I'll probably pull the gearbox apart next as it's a bit noisy so probably needs similar attention.

IMG_0802D.jpeg