What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Bought and fitted a centre console pocket shelf. Brand new in stock at PCW made life much easier ..

When PCM 2 was fitted there was a 5 x CD storage pocket on top of the air controls .. Totally useless today so a bit of storage for a phone and keys is much better ... 

20200905_161825.jpg

Just now, Dreamr said:

Bought and fitted a centre console pocket shelf. Brand new in stock at PCW made life much easier ..

When PCM 2 was fitted there was a 5 x CD storage pocket on top of the air controls .. Totally useless today so a bit of storage for a phone and keys is much better ... 

20200905_161825.jpg

what model of car?

Battled with the rear calipers for two weekends. Now i'm quite unpopular due to the shed hours tally. Lucky she loves me. Completely seized calipers were a battle of mechanical wits and zen with stubborn bolts and very stubborn pistons. This car had sat unmaintained apart from the odd drive for 22 years. I'm just too stingy to give in and buy new ones. All fixed. No pictures sorry.

On 01/09/2020 at 10:39, Andy73 said:

I did think about going to a body shop and getting an old door or bonnet to practice on but then decided to just jump in the deep end!

If you were allowed further than 5km you could have experimented on my 04 metallic Black Forester. Looks like a golf ball after the big hailstorm earlier in the year so couldn't make it any worse than already is!

21 minutes ago, mrar said:

Clocked up about 500miles,500 ish to go till running in over.

Took this the other morning, the Omega man 911 shot, deserted.(well sort of the poo truck is in the shoot doing it's thing).

20200911_092933.jpg

Great movie 

4 hours ago, 901er said:

Quick drive and a wash today of the .2 GT3

1A22E2DB-B7CD-496C-971A-398DEEF14C46.jpeg
Yep, I choose the scaffolding cause it looks cool

No, don’t take it to the track

No, don’t use it much cause saving it for the next guy 

I’ll get my popcorn ready 🤣

I thought the above commentary only applied to 991 GT3 owners? :lol:

changed my 997 C2  S engine mounts out to semi solid made by Torque Solutions ..

Very Easy DIY took a relaxing hour to change over and I gave the airbox a clean and the areas on the chassis that are under the airbox some TLC also ..

IMG-4994.jpg

I have to say at first impressions I really like the extra NVA above 3000rpm ,shifting has become more direct and less knotchy ,the car is more Raw and if anything more 911 the mechanical noises have also increased more from the rear.

My only negative point is that I have small buzz coming from were the seat belt goes into the interior plastic cover just under the rear right hand quarter window .

This seems to happen on rev matching when down shifting , i may have to remove the panel and see if I can figure out what is vibrating in there ,it is not a terrible buzz and only happens when you are on it hard ,,still something I think I may see if I can fix in the near future ...

IMG-4995.jpg

considerable size difference 

IMG-4996.jpg 

final instal pic 

IMG-4998.jpg

Completed a small but practical mod that I've been meaning to do for a while after finding the how to on the net.

In short, I've placed a rear spoiler switch on the dash and piggy backed the wiring from the stupid switch in the footwell. They both work as intended and is easily reversible. I've used a rear spoiler switch from a 996TT so it looks factory and lights up like the rest of the switches. Now I don't need to fumble around my feet to put the spoiler up. Put it in the bottom spare so it's away from the PSM and don't accidentally hit that.

Ordered the switch from PCW and it arrived from Germany in about 3 weeks. Needed some wire and bits ... All up about $80. Well spent me thinks! .. 😀

Before and after ...

Screenshot_20200926-182744_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200926-182714_Gallery.jpg

Out for a drive today. Starting to tick off all the suspension components that need replacing. That would be - all of them! One thing at a time. Fair chance these torsion bars have not seen the light of day since 1973. I hopefully may have found the final and major cause of the wobbles. So far have done the rear sway bar bushes and drop link bushes, front sway bar drop links, front ball joints, Transmission mounts, engine mounts,  Rebuilt the rear brake calipers, cleaned the lines replaced the flexible brake lines, replaced all the shift linkage bushes, replaced fuel filter, fuel lines spark plugs plug leads points dizzy cap, rotor, fan belt. Had the rear wheels unbuckled by Depulu. New front tyres, but still waiting for the rears, thanks Virus.

Still to do rear torsion bar bushes and then rear trailing arm bushes when i drop the motor and trans.

Also will do the leaking rocker arms with the little seals i've read about, but the leak is not too bad at the moment.

The front calipers are next then to address the CIS system, The warm up injector seems to be inoperative and she's drinking fuel like i drink beer.

After setting the timing properly she's going well.

Have hunted for rust and only found minor issues, Phew!

20200926_180032.jpg

20200926_174538.jpg

20200926_174518.jpg

20200926_174422.jpg

20200926_174330.jpg

20200920_145636.jpg

12 hours ago, Pembo said:

Out for a drive today. Starting to tick off all the suspension components that need replacing. That would be - all of them! One thing at a time. Fair chance these torsion bars have not seen the light of day since 1973. I hopefully may have found the final and major cause of the wobbles. So far have done the rear sway bar bushes and drop link bushes, front sway bar drop links, front ball joints, Transmission mounts, engine mounts,  Rebuilt the rear brake calipers, cleaned the lines replaced the flexible brake lines, replaced all the shift linkage bushes, replaced fuel filter, fuel lines spark plugs plug leads points dizzy cap, rotor, fan belt. Had the rear wheels unbuckled by Depulu. New front tyres, but still waiting for the rears, thanks Virus.

Still to do rear torsion bar bushes and then rear trailing arm bushes when i drop the motor and trans.

Also will do the leaking rocker arms with the little seals i've read about, but the leak is not too bad at the moment.

The front calipers are next then to address the CIS system, The warm up injector seems to be inoperative and she's drinking fuel like i drink beer.

After setting the timing properly she's going well.

Have hunted for rust and only found minor issues, Phew!

20200920_145636.jpg

Looking sensational.....