Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Saturday morning, met up with @Midnight 911 and took the 964's for a drive. Mount Donna Buang climb before completing the loop through to Marysville. Pretty great winter driving conditions, no rain fall, damp but not wet roads, moody foggy outlooks. These cars are just so great.

IMG_6455_zpsojexmj7g.jpg

IMG_6465_zpsqwemihr3.jpg

IMG_6463_zps0b4yvov9.jpg

Thanks for the company Luke. 

Sounds like a great drive - let me know if you're heading out again sometime. Ok, I might not have a 964, but hopefully a lowly IB would be acceptable company.

Sounds like a great drive - let me know if you're heading out again sometime. Ok, I might not have a 964, but hopefully a lowly IB would be acceptable company.

You're welcome anytime Luke, you know I'm overly fond of an IB. Will drop you a line next time I'm heading out, won't be until mid August unfortunately due to work and leisure travel beginning tomorrow.

Took the Pcar for a drive to the vineyards (hunter valley) and had some lunch and bought a bottle of grape juice, Piggs Peake House of Sticks Shiraz, if you ever see it buy it you'll love it.

tough life Tingy, but someone has to get out there and do it...

Ran out of bread.  Had to do the "right" thing and take the old car for a gentle wander through the hills.  

28470901246_06211d99d5_z.jpg

And found this on the bread shop.......they just bought it from QLD and are driving back to Port Macquarie.   Apparently this is an addition to their already sizable collection.  @Port 911  & @lukejenner......anyone we know ?  

27886319694_114bb7f8bc_z.jpg

Central Coast Cars and Coffee, to my surprise Andrewbu was there with a couple of mates in some lovely cars, not sure if these guys are on the forum, also met some other guys from the forum, 911sies and Trent who has a 75 sporto that was recently for sale, nice car.

911sies made me sit in his Cayman S and start it to show off his exhaust which sounded awesome, it had some serious snap, crackle and pop, also met MackTheKnife, it was good to meet some new people from the forum and put a face to the name.

Woke up to a text message from @D-banger to say it's raining, everyone's bailed (soft!), but if we go the west instead of east, we should avoid the rain.

In my sleep deprived stupor, I texted back saying I'm in!

Met at 7-11 Rockbank at some ungodly hour. Grabbed a $1 coffee and topped up with 98 Mobil while Doug did some last minute route planning.

IMG_7928_zpse9klu5v7.jpg

IMG_7929_zpst6qo1bd7.jpg

No, we didn't really avoid the rain. Doug did manage to avoid a couple of stray sheep, some roos and a few birds. I was happy to have him cut the path in front.

As if dodging and weaving to avoid random animals weren't enough excitement, Doug lead us for a bit of rally driving through Lerderberg State Park.

IMG_7949_zps8tptdn0f.jpg

Finished up at Trentham, grabbed a bite and headed back via the bitumen.

Dodgy iPhone shot of the two air-cooled chariots.

IMG_7942_zpspa4vaxhg.jpg

And an over-processed version - and attempt to make the best of a bad shot.

IMG_7948_zps8otol8rf.jpg

Doug's lovely Talbot Yellow Carrera 3.0. Love that colour.

IMG_7945_zpsbjjsoutj.jpg

Not the greatest conditions but great to #getoutanddrive regardless. Thanks Doug.

Woke up to a text message from @D-banger to say it's raining, everyone's bailed (soft!), but if we go the west instead of east, we should avoid the rain.

In my sleep deprived stupor, I texted back saying I'm in!

Met at 7-11 Rockbank at some ungodly hour. Grabbed a $1 coffee and topped up with 98 Mobil while Doug did some last minute route planning.

IMG_7928_zpse9klu5v7.jpg

IMG_7929_zpst6qo1bd7.jpg

No, we didn't really avoid the rain. Doug did manage to avoid a couple of stray sheep, some roos and a few birds. I was happy to have him cut the path in front.

As if dodging and weaving to avoid random animals weren't enough excitement, Doug lead us for a bit of rally driving through Lerderberg State Park.

IMG_7949_zps8tptdn0f.jpg

Finished up at Trentham, grabbed a bite and headed back via the bitumen.

Dodgy iPhone shot of the two air-cooled chariots.

IMG_7942_zpspa4vaxhg.jpg

And an over-processed version - and attempt to make the best of a bad shot.

IMG_7948_zps8otol8rf.jpg

Doug's lovely Talbot Yellow Carrera 3.0. Love that colour.

IMG_7945_zpsbjjsoutj.jpg

Not the greatest conditions but great to #getoutanddrive regardless. Thanks Doug.

Red and yellow look spectacular together!

Christmas in July with the family at Pearl Beach on the central coast. Had to duck back to work for a few days to took the opportunity to pick up the 930 and take the old pacific highway to Gosford and then continue on down to Patonga. 

D6AEEAD8-4657-4D1B-8E80-83752CA109B8_zps

CB9269F5-C270-45B8-9DCA-40394C727A49_zps

Looks like a scene from the movie "Freedom".....beautiful car.

Christmas in July with the family at Pearl Beach on the central coast. Had to duck back to work for a few days to took the opportunity to pick up the 930 and take the old pacific highway to Gosford and then continue on down to Patonga. 

Patonga is a top spot! :) 

IMG_5135_zpsolkp7par.jpg

Edited by edgy
im retarded

How does one get involved/informed of such activities?

You make enough noise about being up for a drive anytime and eventually someone takes pity on you.

Anytime you feel like a fang, let me know. I'd be up for a drive Sat morning... Has Betty hit her strides yet?