Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

18 hours ago, 3legs said:

Why oh why didn't I keep my 911E that I sold for $20k back in 1986 ( yeah I know, just like everyone else who wish they kept their old 911's. It still hurts 😁 ).

Why did I sell any of my cars.  I could easily have kept the ones that meant something to me.  Most of them were sold stupid cheap.

19 hours ago, 3legs said:

Why oh why didn't I keep my 911E that I sold for $20k back in 1986 ( yeah I know, just like everyone else who wish they kept their old 911's. It still hurts 😁 ).

19 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Why did I sell any of my cars.  I could easily have kept the ones that meant something to me.  Most of them were sold stupid cheap.

It's all too easy to look back now and criticise your past judgement.  Based on my own experiences, the decisions to sell are usually sound ones at the time, and were made for good reason.

It's only now using Hindsight, that we feel stupid. 

I've gone through a load of cars I've sold cheap, including HK Bathurst Monaro's, GT lookalike Falcons, 50's/60's Chev's, bikes, guitars etc, yet with all of them, it was the right thing to do at the time. As much as I think that I'd now be sitting on my arse mortgage free if I'd kept them, ya can't look back or you'll go mad

On 12/02/2021 at 21:52, LeeM said:

I doubt it's that much lighter to be honest mate. I can weight it tomorrow and let ya know.

My old 17in Speedline copies were sold yonks ago to a member here. You'd need 9's or 10's maybe? I can ask a friend who may still have his 8's and 10's if you like?

PM'd you @LeeM

@OBRUT - you and that weird love you have for slantnoses...😋

But I really like the 934, but I would have been better off starting with a narrow body.

RUF BTR - that floats my boat at the moment. But anyway, this is supposed to be about "what's for sale" not "what's my dream"...

Back to the program!

image.thumb.png.056476a3c2b788c2ce16d347643f0836.png

3 minutes ago, rafikdous said:

gets uglier each time I look at it

The deck lid is a work of art, isn't it? 

Really thought the last time the listing was taken down that the owner finally decided for everyone's sake to take into the bush and torch it...

18 hours ago, Bondiscwb said:

PM'd you @LeeM

@OBRUT - you and that weird love you have for slantnoses...😋

But I really like the 934, but I would have been better off starting with a narrow body.

RUF BTR - that floats my boat at the moment. But anyway, this is supposed to be about "what's for sale" not "what's my dream"...

Back to the program!

image.thumb.png.056476a3c2b788c2ce16d347643f0836.png

Love is love, it doesn’t follow sense. 

Ps.  934’s are built off wide body cars. The flares bolt to the turbo type guards.  (Group 4 cars have similar flares bolted to narrow body guards.)

10 hours ago, Tips said:

At least this has only 56,000kms for its $78,000.  It's had an LN eng IMS replacement and those wheels were a factory option.

I have recently been told of a 996.2 Coupe manual for coming up for sale. Some nice options, but Non-matching numbers, 140+kms and the same asking $$  

:unsure:

2 hours ago, Dreamr said:

But a 996.2 and a 997 C4S are apples and oranges .. completely different.

A 996 C4S can be had for $10k more.

Perhaps, if your oranges taste like apples and your apples taste like oranges.