Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

1 hour ago, 9er said:

Why is that, in your opinion?

Good question. I have done the same with mine, only advertised here so far. 

I guess the prices up there aren't a true indication (not just for 911s but lots of other cars I have looked at) so it creates some kind of smoke and mirrors game where if you want to advertise at the actual price, you will only get offers far below what is fair as people will think "well this guys is advertising way below what all the others are, he must be desperate, lets see if we can squeeze him more". this happened to me with a Landcruiser and I ended up letting it go ridiculously cheap as I was disheartened by all the idiots lowballing me on a car that was already reasonably priced. 

But if you put it up for a price that matches what other similar cars are going for (with the carsales tax added) then you either get little interest or people message you specifically to tell you that you "must be joking".

Then you add in the annoyance of about only 1/3 people that message you to say they are 'super interested' ever get back to you and I would estimate closer to 1/10 ever actually turn up to see the car. 

With all that considered, Carsales may reap the top dollar for the vehicle but if you own a Porsche pushing $100k then, I would presume your time may be worth more than that extra $3-5k you would get. Private sale, with a genuine buyer who will care for the car and is straight up with me will always be worth an extra few grand discount.

In my opinion. 

If I sell it will be offered here. Not a chance I'd put a p-car on carsales. The only other option would be consignment through CTS or whoever.

When the missus' has finished with her cars I usually list them about $5k above wholesale for a quick sale. The number of car dealers that call all offering the same price, some of them get super aggressive too when I say 'If I wanted wholesale I'd trade the car'.

Then the tyre kickers coming around who want to rip me because I went 13 months without a service one time, or cause there is a stone chip on the bumper. Its already $15k under the next cheapest you wally, f - off. :Chuckle2:

Never had one of her cars listed for more than a week though, so there is that.

2 hours ago, JWM said:

What’s in the sandwich? I haven’t had lunch yet. 

14 minutes ago, LeeM said:

Now where's YOUR sense of adventure mate? 

I kid you not, I got offered a kayak for a bicycle I was selling the other week. WTF indeed. 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gt4-981-manual-my16/OAG-AD-20178862

How’s this dealer down in the Apple Isles form. They bought this GT4 on Chrome Temple Motors for 155k and 3 weeks later are advertising it for 190k. Poor form using the photos from the Chrome Temple Motors listing complete with the NSW plates! 

9 hours ago, Schnell said:

Good question. I have done the same with mine, only advertised here so far. 

I guess the prices up there aren't a true indication (not just for 911s but lots of other cars I have looked at) so it creates some kind of smoke and mirrors game where if you want to advertise at the actual price, you will only get offers far below what is fair as people will think "well this guys is advertising way below what all the others are, he must be desperate, lets see if we can squeeze him more". this happened to me with a Landcruiser and I ended up letting it go ridiculously cheap as I was disheartened by all the idiots lowballing me on a car that was already reasonably priced. 

But if you put it up for a price that matches what other similar cars are going for (with the carsales tax added) then you either get little interest or people message you specifically to tell you that you "must be joking".

Then you add in the annoyance of about only 1/3 people that message you to say they are 'super interested' ever get back to you and I would estimate closer to 1/10 ever actually turn up to see the car. 

With all that considered, Carsales may reap the top dollar for the vehicle but if you own a Porsche pushing $100k then, I would presume your time may be worth more than that extra $3-5k you would get. Private sale, with a genuine buyer who will care for the car and is straight up with me will always be worth an extra few grand discount.

In my opinion. 

I am perplexed by todays market.....

I recently sold 2 very different cars - (an e30 with a full house S54 swap, 6 spots, Recaros etc, and a big HP, full house RX3 turbo) thru car sales, and (a few years ago) - bought both Porsches through Carsales ....

My Rx3 sat for months with a bunch of lowballers - got talked into CollectingCars.com - flopped badly - then just when i was about to give up and keep it - had a buyer deposit $10K over the phone -  and then come and pick it up 3 days later @ full price. 

The e30 was listed during lockdown, had 2 or 3 tyre kickers - and then sold sight unseen to a bloke up near Byron @ asking......

996 Turbos (always seen as the red-headed stepchild) are suddenly hot to trot and dealers are asking $13K over sticker for a Suzuki Jimny..... (buying for a friend) 

I do not wish to have anything to sell after this bubble bursts..... like i said elsewhere - a G series is NOT a $250K driving experience..... My feelings anyway....

But that Orange Targa - looks to be a lovely example! 

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2016-porsche-cayman-gt4-981-manual-my16/OAG-AD-20178862

How’s this dealer down in the Apple Isles form. They bought this GT4 on Chrome Temple Motors for 155k and 3 weeks later are advertising it for 190k. Poor form using the photos from the Chrome Temple Motors listing complete with the NSW plates! 

Very cheeky, especially by a dealer.

28 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

It’s LMG used motor vehicles in Hobart 

Opportunistic buy then I would say, probably appearing at their Bimmer site, wouldn't have thought it would have been a normal purchase for them.

If it was at one of their Lonnie sites I'd go and tyre kick........

15 hours ago, mrar said:

Have you driven many different G series ?

I find people that poo poo cars have actually never spent serious seat time in them to qualify as a critic.

What about a 74 2.7 mfi or a 3lt turbo?

I have driven 1 or 2 and owned a few more incl a couple of 930's...

I never "poo poo" ed any particular car or even the G series in general - my comment was more about the market per se.....

I do not pretend or pose as a critic - nor am i emotionally attached to a bucket of bolts.

My comment at the end about MY feelings (not about the car) but the market - and how in MY opinion a non turbo G-Series isn't that special, let alone a $250K driving experience  -  :)

15 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

Import Duty.... :) ?? 

16 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

40 minutes ago, on_booost said:

Import Duty.... :) ?? 

:Chuckle2:

In case anyone looking for a set of 996.1 GT3 wheels: 

20 hours ago, luzzo said:

Although they are both 18" diameter, 996GT2 vs 996GT3RS are different width sizing. And likely differing offsets. 

Sorry - should've been more specific - I'm looking for a set of 997 GT2 or GT3 RS wheels. They are same offset and width.

996 GT2 has funny offset because 12's and wide body - 996GT3 RS was skinny :)