Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

Adam & I went on a little drive day from Hobart to Eaglehawk Neck (not far from Port Arthur) ; coffee then back via some twisty bits to the Baskerville Historics. Great to see one of the 15 legendary IROC 911s in the flesh ; also the Can Am beast that served it up to (or at least tried to)  the mighty 917 back in the day. Jason White was the pilot this weekend. Baskerville not exactly the right course for this weapon!

689kg and 840hp :o(up to 1300hp on boost). Like driving a rocket or as the guy put it terrific - terrifyingly horrific!

Zi8kQJy.jpg

You'll have to work out how to work your phone for this one

XJKyI7D.jpg

It was a huge crowd , biggest I've seen here

FL9yebf.jpg

How many million has Sir got in his wallet?

nkT7JOD.jpg

HypMxr6.jpg

AH7SHm2.jpg

Ended up doing a solo blast on some of the roads from the last SMT this morning. Tecoma to Gembrook to Launching Place and back. It was a ripping run - a few cars out and about slowing me down between Emerald and Gembrook but after that it was mostly smooth sailing. The run between Gembrook and Launching Place is so good! 

FullSizeRender 24

Ended up doing a solo blast on some of the roads from the last SMT this morning. Tecoma to Gembrook to Launching Place and back. It was a ripping run - a few cars out and about slowing me down between Emerald and Gembrook but after that it was mostly smooth sailing. The run between Gembrook and Launching Place is so good! 

FullSizeRender 24

where do you reside? I'm Warrandyte way. We should catch up for a spontaneous drive- I love solo drives- I can often sneak out mid week through the hills the only obstacle I came across was road works x5. But probably better than Sunday drivers! 

Any one ever keen on a mid week coffee catch up? 

where do you reside? I'm Warrandyte way. We should catch up for a spontaneous drive- I love solo drives- I can often sneak out mid week through the hills the only obstacle I came across was road works x5. But probably better than Sunday drivers! 

I'm in Ferntree Gully. Always up for a drive. I'll PM. 

And @Andy73.... 

Mid-week?  Unlike you privileged lot, I have to work mid-week! This sunday...?

And @Andy73.... 

Mid-week?  Unlike you privileged lot, I have to work mid-week! This sunday...?

Who's privileged? I'm busy trying to grow my business! Not sure I can do this Sunday or not yet - supposed to be riding bikes with a buddy - if it changes I'll be up for a drive for sure. @Philbee maybe you can chase me this time!

Took a drive up the Great Ocean Road with my daughter to Wye River for morning coffee and then lunch at Anglesea.  Beautiful day but too many tourists (even on a Wednesday).  One guy in a rental was doing 30 km and braking through the corners.  There was a convoy of about 40 cars behind him (I was car 10).  He did not pull over until just before Wye River and by then I decided to turn around and head home.  I was going to go through to Apollo Bay but did not wish to waste two more hours getting there.

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

Edited by Lucky Phil

Took a drive up the Great Ocean Road with my daughter to Wye River for morning coffee and then lunch at Anglesea.  Beautiful day but too many tourists (even on a Wednesday).  One guy in a rental was doing 30 km and braking through the corners.  There was a convoy of about 40 cars behind him (I was car 10).  He did not pull over until just before Wye River and by then I decided to turn around and head home.  I was going to go through to Apollo Bay but did not wish to waste two more hours getting there.

IMG_1622.JPG

IMG_1625.JPG

IMG_1618.JPG

Feel the pain Phil, just like paper cuts....I was down that way last week... at one stage going so slow in second gear..car was about to stall...

Went to get milk, bread and eggs this morning.

Given my deep mechanical sympathy, I needed to warm the oil ...

65 minutes and a hungry and grumpy family later, all was well.

Nothing like a MFI 2.4S on a crisp morning. 

Lower the windows, pull the red lever up to bring heat (and the smell of unburnt ...) into the car and see how grippy the new 195/15 Dunlops are.  Not bad but what a hoot.

Low grip combined with single piston calipers and brake pads barely bigger than a 50c coin made for some dinner plate eye moments.

Heel toeing was OK ... but I’m looking to see if I can ease in a PDK and electric power steering for that authentic feel.

Love that car!

So do I mate, so do I! 

We had a 'spirited' drive on the way to grab a coffee with me in front at a fair clip (probably the quickest we've done yet), yet when Andrew was in front later on the same bit of road, theres no chance was I going to stay with him, as my tyres were howling. Maybe some grippier tyres would help there, but excuses aside, that car is planted! 

Between overseas trips, selling and buying a new place, this is the first proper fang I've been on since the end of July. Sunday was the perfect morning for a solo drive, got a really clean run from Warburton to Reefton, before having to turn around just at the Marysville left turn due to road closure for a rally of sorts. I'm going to have to learn some new routes...

37467673660_8d05d3b7c6_c.jpg

Edited by poli84

Between overseas trips, selling and buying a new place, this is the first proper fang I've been on since the end of July. Sunday was the perfect morning for a solo drive, got a really clean run from Warburton to Reefton, before having to turn around just at the Marysville left turn due to road closure for a rally of sorts. I'm going to have to learn some new routes...

It's hard to pass up that drive though! Was going to do the same route yesterday morning but pulled the pin. Would have passed you somewhere otherwise.

It's hard to pass up that drive though! Was going to do the same route yesterday morning but pulled the pin. Would have passed you somewhere otherwise.

True true, we love it for a reason. @Fraz has lead me on a bloody great alternative route before, I'll have to get the details from him. Better still, he can get his ass into another P-car so he can lead again. 

True true, we love it for a reason. @Fraz has lead me on a bloody great alternative route before, I'll have to get the details from him. Better still, he can get his ass into another P-car so he can lead again. 

He currently has custody of a neat 964 ;)

Happy to show you guys the Tour De Fraz route again. Just say the word lads.